Home

Frets On Fire, Guitar Hero Clone for Windows, Linux, and Mac, that is actually fun!

BongoBob

I just got a pack of about 210 songs and it has a lot of good ones on it. I'm about to try them out after I convert them to ogg which will take a while probably.

edit: oh good they're all already ogg files.

No whammy bar, you need the whammy bar. >_>

*Picks keyboard up* Gawd, it's heavy and I don't have a strap. Cord is too short and my keyboard sucks because the wire juts out right under the F2-F4 keys.

*Continues to bitch like a 8 yearold girl*

No whammy bar, you need the whammy bar. >_>

*Picks keyboard up* Gawd, it's heavy and I don't have a strap. Cord is too short and my keyboard sucks because the wire juts out right under the F2-F4 keys.

*Continues to bitch like a 8 yearold girl*

...when you're attempting to replay rock music on the computer with a keyboard that is acting as a surrogate guitar instead of using an actual guitar to play actual rock music, that's when you realize virginity might just be your best friend forever.

:xp:

...when you're attempting to replay rock music on the computer with a keyboard that is acting as a surrogate guitar instead of using an actual guitar to play actual rock music, that's when you realize virginity might just be your best friend forever.

:xp:

****ing is easier than playing guitar, Tyrion. If that's not true someone needs to look over their priorities.

****ing is easier than playing guitar, Tyrion. If that's not true someone needs to look over their priorities.

:p

Just a cheap shot, nothin' more.

(Oh, and to tell you the truth, you can play most pop songs on the guitar within a few months of starting once you have the chords down, and it's certainly a more fulfilling experience. )

Edit - Argh, I read that wrong. I thought you meant, thanks to my brilliant critical reading skills, that playing on the keyboard is easier than playing guitar, not that *sex* is easier than playing guitar. Which it is. I was simply pointing out that playing rock music on the computer with a keyboard has considerably less sex appeal than playing it with a real guitar.

Yes, but simulating it makes it easier to play Freebird, which makes you feel 40 percent more bad-ass :p

On a related note, a friend of mine might have a guitar he's willing to let me have and show me the basics. For free. Freakin sweet :D

btw some songs are easier to play on acoustic than on gh2.... hangar 18 for example.

Even though I never played the Guitar Hero track, I know for a fact that you cannot play Hangar 18 on a steel acoustic. Only Jesus could do that, and that's because he's God!

I've been able to get a 95 percent rating on some songs on expert. Forget which, but I'm slowly getting better. Been playing the songs on Hard recently. Savin up 60 bucks so I can get the new 360 GH controller to use with it :p

Bah, I don't even need to "save up." :p

*Gets shot*

Even though I never played the Guitar Hero track, I know for a fact that you cannot play Hangar 18 on a steel acoustic. Only Jesus could do that, and that's because he's God!

I can imagine that, Dave Mustaine being a born-again Christian and all. xD

yeah that was a bad analogy with acoustic... my point is alot of songs are in fact easier to play on a real guitar than the SG controller... especially ones that are chord heavy.

its possible on electric acoustic tho ^^ I cant hit the solos but i can can hit the slower parts... but as of these days i play more GH than guitar.. kinda sad in a way but it help[s with rhythm, control, and endurance IMO.

btw if you cant remember some song stats you should go log ur stuff on http://www.scorehero.com it will log ur stats on all modes all songs plus rank you against others... good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I just smashed my old record on Hanger 18 Medium on GHII. 99% note hit, 433 note streak, and 250k points. My old record was 210K earlier today.

I'm almost ready to go to Hard, just gotta get pretty good at everything else first...

Pffft, 99 percent accuracy with a 616 note streak on Hanger 18.

Just go to the first songs on hard. Some are easier than others. It's a pain, but you slowly get used to it, and after a while that 5th fret is second nature.

Pffft, 99 percent accuracy with a 616 note streak on Hanger 18.

Just go to the first songs on hard. Some are easier than others. It's a pain, but you slowly get used to it, and after a while that 5th fret is second nature.

The opening must be a pain with the enter key being the strum button, though. It's hard doing it one way (down down down down... repeat for 128 notes) but going up and down is way easier.

I think it's just what you get used to.

After playing so much FoF going back to Guitar Hero felt awkward, specifically the strumming.

But I guess that if I played Guitar Hero enough it would start to feel much more natural.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived