Home

[SPOILERS-KotOR1]Sand People quest problem

Vladan

I have a problem with Sand People quest on Tatooine. I'm going for Light side, so I want to do the quest without killing them.

I got HK-47 and 2 Tusken robes for myself and other member of my party (Bastila). I can go through Sand People Territory without getting attacked, but when I enter the enclave I get immediately attacked without HK starting the conversation with the guard.

Anyone experienced this problem or know how to get around it?

put it this way, if you kill them all you will finish the mission also...

But I would suggest finishing the Tusken mission the nice way, DS or LS. Yes after everything is done and quest solves you can still deliberately piss off them sand terrorists and get them to fight you, thereby killing them all and getting all the good loots.

Well I have already finished the game 3 times (2 dark and 1 light), although back when it first got out, so I know my way around for the most part.

Anyway, I have tried reloading and there's no difference. I've even tried starting from my save when I first got to Tatooine, still no luck :(

This is a bug that happens only sometimes. To get around it save your game right before entering the enclave and load if you get bugged. I think using the return to Ebon Hawk function will also work. Just make sure you do this far enough of the turrets because they will be hostile as the module loads. If your party is too close they will gun you down before your disguise's effects are applied making it impossible to continue the game.

This is a bug that happens only sometimes. To get around it save your game right before entering the enclave and load if you get bugged. I think using the return to Ebon Hawk function will also work. Just make sure you do this far enough of the turrets because they will be hostile as the module loads. If your party is too close they will gun you down before your disguise's effects are applied making it impossible to continue the game.

That is exactly what happened to me today!

Anyway, I reloaded dozens of times, went back and forth, changed party members, etc., and it finally worked after like 2 hours :p

Thanks all for help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. When I recently helped my 8-yr-old brother with KOTOR on the Xbox, I noticed he had this same problem.

Apparently, in his inventory, there were two groups of Tusken robes. They look and are described identically, but they do not act the same. One of these groups is bugged and does not work properly as a disguise.

My recommendation is to create a save point, equip every one in your party with Tusken robes from either the top or bottom group (except HK, of course), then try to get into the enclave safely. If that doesn't work, reload that save point, equip your part with robes from only the other group, and try again. Hope this helps!

I never noticed this on my PC version. Thank the maker for patches!

Archived