Home

Any way to fix the random bug where charcter-specific side quests don't trigger?

Sir Vougalot

In the first game, I mean. In some playthroughs, the messenger for a certain character just never comes, and I hate that. Is there any way to fix that, like via Save Game Editor or anything?

I've never used SGE, so I'd need a detailed, step-by-step process for making it happen. I'm currently looking a Mission. Lena has not shown up yet, and she has no more dialogue options.

In the first game, I mean. In some playthroughs, the messenger for a certain character just never comes, and I hate that. Is there any way to fix that, like via Save Game Editor or anything?

Due to some weird logic in the trigger script the messenger trigger will be disabled after the Juhani/Xor encounter has triggered. This will prevent any messengers from other quests to appear.

Every messenger will spawn only if specific conditions are met (on certain planets after/before some events from what I remember) If you can get the conditions you should be able to do all the quests without problems (can't tell you what they were as I don't have the game anymore)..

The only npc related sidequest I recall being bugged was the Juhani quest. I think it was caused by a global variable not being set properly unless you use the rapid trasit system but it's been a while and I only vaguely remember. I made a patch a while ago...I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: here it is: (note that I don't remember if it fixes what stoffe mentions)

xor_fix.zip

Thanks, Darth333. I'll give it a go. :D

I can tell you from past experience (I've played though this game many times) that sometimes some of the messengers do indeed never show up, even if I'm meeting all of the conditions. Lena is usually the first messenger I run into as I'm leaving Dantooine, and the fact that she didn't show up this time, and continues to not show up as I move in and out of the two spaceports I've visited so far (Dantooine and Tatooine) with Mission in my party tells me that something is definitely wrong. It also greatly worries me that she may never show up, as has been the case on the past.

Okay, Saved Game Editor won't run correctly, so I guess I'm screwed this time around if Lena never shows up. :(

I hate not completing all side quests.

Edit: Okay, I'm on my third world and so far I've triggered the quests for Carth, Bastila and Canderous. (Jolee has not joined my party yet, and I'm avoiding triggering Juhani's quest, even though I downloaded and installed Darth333's mod, just to be safe.) Mission's quest still won't trigger. This ain't looking good... :(

I guess I'll still live if I don't get to do her side quest this time around, but I hate that feeling of incompleteness. Plus, she'll keep saying the "Don't worry! I won't let the search for Griff get in the way" dialogue until the end of the game, and it's going to annoy me to no end.

I can't even get SGE to work, much less learn it in time to know how to fix this.

Okay, i have had this same thing happen to me with both Malare (for Bastila's Mother Sidequest) and Lena. With Lena what I had to do was go to Cratis Yurkal on Dantooine and Lena was standing in his shop. I clicked on her and cutscene started right up. With Malare she has been known to hide behind my Ebon Hawk on Tatooine. I clicked on her and the cutscene started right up.

I already did Bastila's quest, and Malare showed up normally on Dantooine with no problems. But I will keep that in mind for the future.

Hey, when Griff runs off to brew the Terisian ale, that's really the end of the quest, right? Even though he says he'll be back with your money and the journal entry go into the active quests rather than the completed quests?

Jolee's is unique in that he doesn't really have a true quest like the others. He gets a messenger about Sunry, and then one extra dialogue choice if you talk to him after it, but no journal entry and no recurring dialogue that just won't go away until after you complete the quest. In essence, he goes completely back to normal as if nothing ever happened. The only difference is that he won't act all surprised when you talk to Sunry's wife on Manaan.

Archived