Home

The Ban on Sagging Pants Debated on Dr. Phil

MdKnightR

I was referring to the front, not the rear. Most guys with sagging pants wear boxers. Boxers can be revealing... especially if they're undersized.

I got loads of eye candy as a pizza driver.

So, let me get this straight, You think that male parts are eye-candy?! I don't understand, could you please clarify a tad more. Thanks!

Plumber's butt is now fashionable?! Great

I am so lost with today's fashion. Eh, maybe thats a good thing. :D

As for the sagging pants, It depends on the localle. If they ban them in schools, I can understand that. They don't allow clothing that is too revealing. This is just an extension of that. And actually, Aeroldoth has pointed out exactly the reason they should be banned. Any clothing that allows genetalia to be seen in public is subject to restriction based on public indecency laws(though I must admit we're a bit puritan in comparison to other countries).

I was quite surprised by the show myself. I couldn't believe that Al Sharpton was actually making sense! I also see what should be the middle ground in the issue....campaigning against saggin' with music and advertising is a much better alternative to outlawing it. Dallas, TX actually went from "banning" to campaigning against it with billboards and some help from hip-hop stars.

Plumber's butt is now fashionable?! Great.:rolleyes:
Why is it that when people speak of or envision a male showing ANY amount of skin, then the male MUST be unattractive?? Take a look at these images, which have been floating around the net for some time:

Paris, France vs. Paris, Kentucky

Obviously, we are meant to consider one of them attractive, and the other not. I couldn't find a similar comparison with males, but it seems that people think that males with low-riders must be exclusively of the second image type. Males showing a little extra can be just as hot as females showing a little extra. [/rant]

So, let me get this straight, You think that male parts are eye-candy?! I don't understand, could you please clarify a tad more. Thanks!
I think El Sitherino's dry humor answered this perfectly. Had... what he said not occurred to you?

And actually, Aeroldoth has pointed out exactly the reason they should be banned. Any clothing that allows genetalia to be seen in public is subject to restriction based on public indecency laws(though I must admit we're a bit puritan in comparison to other countries).
We are quite puritan, a fact that I think has troubled this country since inception, but that's a different discussion. (H. L. Mencken quote)

While I was referring to male exposure, I was also referring to male bulges, nothing more than you might see at any beach or pool. And IME low pants tend to be most common in poor neighborhoods, areas where the law is not highly regarded... or enforced.

As I said earlier, I think it illegal to try to enforce a public dress code, but it also avoids the real issues, whatever you believe them to be. If you think low pants leads to X, then deal with X. Making everybody pull their pants up won't suddenly fix society's ills, any more than ending video games or music videos will somehow improve people. "Darn that rock music, it made my boy start smoking cigarettes!"

I don't call it a dress code to require pants not to be sagged to the point of exposure. I would support a ban on persons(note male or female makes no diffference in this case) appearing in public with boxers on that have no way to secure the front.

No, the sagging pants are no more protected than a guy wearing boxers in public(which is against the law in some places).

I don't call it a dress code to require pants not to be sagged to the point of exposure. I would support a ban on persons(note male or female makes no diffference in this case) appearing in public with boxers on that have no way to secure the front.

No, the sagging pants are no more protected than a guy wearing boxers in public(which is against the law in some places).

Wow, I bet Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan would hate it if you were making laws. Every picture of them "down there" without underwear would be used against them in a court of law!

Public performances are different. You pay to get in. And actually yes they could be cited for public indecency anyway without me making the laws. In some areas it is possible to get a public indecency ticket for having your fly down on your pants. Their celebrity status tends to protect them a bit anyway(whether that is right or not isn't being debated). So that is irrelevant. Heck in some areas it is illegal for a man to be on a public street with his shirt off(now that is insane). I don't have to be making laws for it to be possible for a person to get a public indecency ticket for having exposed genetalia.

I think El Sitherino's dry humor answered this perfectly. Had... what he said not occurred to you?

Sorry, I truly am. I was extremely tired because I was researching WWII facts on the net for a couple of hours, and really didn't know what your gender was up until last night. I was simply tired, so once again sorry! :D

Public performances are different. You pay to get in. And actually yes they could be cited for public indecency anyway without me making the laws. In some areas it is possible to get a public indecency ticket for having your fly down on your pants. Their celebrity status tends to protect them a bit anyway(whether that is right or not isn't being debated). So that is irrelevant. Heck in some areas it is illegal for a man to be on a public street with his shirt off(now that is insane). I don't have to be making laws for it to be possible for a person to get a public indecency ticket for having exposed genetalia.

About 20 years ago, Gene Simmons was cited in Columbus, GA for indecent exposure for dropping his pants on stage. He claims that the suspenders on his outfit came loose and, in return, exposed his underwear. Doesn't sound too far removed from the issue at hand.

About 20 years ago, Gene Simmons was cited in Columbus, GA for indecent exposure for dropping his pants on stage. He claims that the suspenders on his outfit came loose and, in return, exposed his underwear. Doesn't sound too far removed from the issue at hand.

Yeah and those same laws are still on the books, just not as tightly enforced...

Though now there is precident for performances where the person is required to pay a fee to view the event(otherwize acts like GWAR would have a hard time performing).

You've obviously never been to Miami, FL. :D

Heck in some areas it is illegal for a man to be on a public street with his shirt off(now that is insane).
Where the hell is that?!

I don't have to be making laws for it to be possible for a person to get a public indecency ticket for having exposed genetalia.
Let me clarify that I was not suggesting that people walk around with genitals fully exposed (IIRC the US Supreme Court had ruled that nudity was not inherently obscene). It was a rare exception when anything popped out in front of me, just as women's breasts have occasionally popped out of shirts, bras, etc.

I do believe people should be able to dress as they please or, to phrase it anoother way, gvt has no right to tell people how to dress.

EDIT:

Sorry, I truly am. I was extremely tired because I was researching WWII facts on the net for a couple of hours, and really didn't know what your gender was up until last night. I was simply tired, so once again sorry! :D
And, once again, no need to apologise!

Incidentally, I don't think I've indicated my gender here on LF... I could be wrong. Anyways, I was just surprised that you would be surprised that some people find men attractive. You don't live in Ogre country, do you?

Wait, you mean pants are designed to de-bulge?

I feel ripped off. :(

Sure, don't you remember all those commercials:

"Excuse me, are those bulge-boy jeans?"

You've obviously never been to Miami, FL. :D

I thought the qualifier made it abundantly clear that this is not everywhere.

Where the hell is that?!

It was in New England somewhere. I think it was Mass. I can't remember exactly, I just remember it because it made CNN at the time, and I laughed about how silly it was.

Let me clarify that I was not suggesting that people walk around with genitals fully exposed (IIRC the US Supreme Court had ruled that nudity was not inherently obscene). It was a rare exception when anything popped out in front of me, just as women's breasts have occasionally popped out of shirts, bras, etc.

I do believe people should be able to dress as they please or, to phrase it anoother way, gvt has no right to tell people how to dress.

So long as the government can tell people what can be broadcast on public media, they can also regulate to an extent how people dress. (Hint: I'm not a fan of media censorship either, I think it should be the viewers that censor based on their households preferences)

If people are able to ban sagging pants people will eventually think of complaining about video games and banning them to. We must stop this ban so people wont think of the power of complaining.

actually its the other way around. Video games have been banned in several countries around the world for various reasons. The US doesn't do this as we have the companies willing to use their legal muscle to ensure that a ban does not go through.

Lets face it, banning of being partially disrobed is nowhere near the same as attacking a product that in order to be seen must be purchased. Which they already do not allow in the hands of minors. Heck if they can tell me I cannot smoke in property I own because it is a business, they can sure as heck tell you to pull up your pants.

Certain clothing is already restricted. Wearing Gang Colors is against the law in some areas.

Archived