Home

[W.I.P.] [K1] URM (Ultimate Ranged Mod)

Sithspecter

I'm going to have to wrap up this mod pretty soon. I need to finish it in six weeks, so I can work fully on Sleheyron, and I might not get done with all the stuff that I've wanted to do. If anyone wants to help, I'd be mighty glad. Especially texturing help and tutorials. I'm going to do a retexture of my minigun, and then work on some of the original lighting guns and that kinda stuff.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not giving up, I'm just having to finish soon. I've made a commitment to work on Sleheyron over the summer, and I've got to be focused on that. But, I will make a tutorial.

Cool. I hope that Tut will also work for K2 ;)

Anyways...

Remember that glitch that took you to the roof of the enclave? And that Sniper Rifle? You should try to replicate that glitch while holding the Sniper. It'll give you the 'Head Shot Position' feel.:D

I have to edit about three .2da's to get all the stuff to happen. The explosions and the bullets, that is. For the animations, well, it's a bit more complicated than that.

I'm working on a new minigun. It's based off the same one as before, but this one is FAR better. I've payed way more attention to detail.

Ah, yes. That's me I can do everything at once. Except texture. For, that, I'm not too good at yet. But, I'm workin' on it bit by bit. I really need a decent tutorial or something, as I can't find anything. But, here are the renders you requested. I'm about 80% finished with the gun, and 0% finished with everything else. I don't have the grip and that part of the gun done yet, but feel free to feast your starving eyes on what I do have.

I've been way more dedicated to the way the gun really is. During the time I've been modeling, I've felt the urge to actually pick it up and hold it myself. But, I can only hold my hands up and imagine I'm shooting it.

Here's a render of the minigun in general. If you compare it to the other, you'll find that I've payed more attention to detail and actual barrel scale. The handle is more accurate, and I've tried to remain faithful to the original.

render01.jpg

Here's one of the back. It reveals a little more detail. But, the left side is sorta plain, so I've tried to make it as interesting as possible.

render02.jpg

Here's another of the right side. This was my chance to show off. Detailed and complicated, it was hard to find a pic that depicted the right side well. But, I've managed to create an awesome looking side, in contrast to the plainer right one.

render03.jpg

Two, fans now, eh? Well, we all have to start somewhere. My minigun is coming along nicely. It's 7,900 polys, though. I'm starting the long process of UV mapping and texturing the model, and I'm going to spend a lot of extra work on the texture so it'll look good.

Nice gun SS. Way beyond what I could do in modeling. :p

It's way beyond what I can do in modeling also, but I do it anyway.

Here's a wireframe render of the completed minigun. I did the wireframe render because it looks cool, and I'm not finished UV mapping and texturing.

wireframe.jpg

Actually, I'm doing a gun that shoots lightsabers, so would that work as well? I mean, a lightsaber coming at your head would be a bit more intimidating thatn a sword...

How about a double saber. That would be even moar intimidating!

Uh oh...

gamefaqs quote:

"HIT MOAR NOTEZ!" :lol:

In this case, it would be:

"HIT MOAR AIZ!" >_>

Archived