Home

[Spoilers] Help!, Griff doesn't appear bug!!!

HaveFallen

Ok, so I got the Lena message for Mission Vao on Dantooine, so I head for Tatooine (which I already completed and so I opened all the doors on the Sand People's Enclave), and now, I am stuck because Griff doesn't appear. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a patch or fix I can get for this?? :(

I want to use the save game editor but that doesn't clear Mission's talk options and stuff, and I want everything finished.

Please help, thanks in advanced.

Well, you'll know next time you'll wait until you get Lena before you do Tatooine. ;)

You may have to mess with some of the globals to make it work in KSE, but other than that, I don't know how else to fix your problem.

Ok, so I got the Lena message for Mission Vao on Dantooine, so I head for Tatooine (which I already completed and so I opened all the doors on the Sand People's Enclave), and now, I am stuck because Griff doesn't appear. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a patch or fix I can get for this?? :(

I want to use the save game editor but that doesn't clear Mission's talk options and stuff, and I want everything finished.

Please help, thanks in advanced.

Its not so much a bug, as the fact you have completed the Planet...

This maybe helpeful;http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/locations/tatooinedockingbay.php

But as Shem says the only way to actually be able to complete this without having to go back to a Pre-tatooine save is KSE which you can download here; http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_and_TSL_Save_Game_Editor_English_Language_Only;68852

Be sure to review the readme :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's not technically a bug, but if you don't talk to your party members or take them off the Ebon Hawk often enough, then certain quests won't trigger. That's annoying in some respects, but on the other hand, it allows greater variety when you replay the game--you'll see something new with every playthrough.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue as well and it is in fact a bug. I loaded three save files:

One was my current file where the planet was completed. I went to Dantooine to trigger Lena. I then went to Tatooine and talked to the Chzerka(SP?) chick and FPed her to tell me about Griff and the Sand People. I then went to the sand people to set him free, I did, but he was not there at all.

Second save file I loaded was one where I JUST killed the Kraat for the pearl. I returned to Dantooine, did the same above, and Griff was NOT there still.

Third one I loaded was one where I already talked to the Sand People agreeing to give them the water device. I went back to Dantooine (did the same thing in the first save), got the water device, and then asked for Griff. I went, opened the door, and Griff was there.

The difference? The first two saves that I loaded, I had already opened the door to where Griff was being held captive before starting the Griff Quest line. If at anytime you open that door PRIOR to talking to the Sand People asking to set him free, he will never show up. You need to make sure the door stays shut until the Sand People agree to set him free.

Well, they dont' say they will set him free, but you do get the line where they can't stand him, and we are able to let him out freely.

All these saves were made and loaded with V1.03 (I update all my games before I start playing).

I just can't figure out where in the Save Editor to trigger this so I can complete it.

• 4 years later...

It happens if you already opened said Griff door. If you didn't, he will be there even if you visit the planet again. If you did, not. That easy.

I hope K1R puts in a fix. Not sure how the spawning is handled, but if it has to do with the door re-add the door if the quest is active? (of course, KSE can't do that).

Archived