Home

Explosives Mod- Help needed...

Arcesious

So, I've noticed that all those mines and grenades are simply put, weak, and don't do the job. I want to make a mod in which I can increase the power of their damage, hiowever, it seems the damage they create is linked to spells... And Of course, I don't know a a single thing about scripting, and I've never understood those complex tutorials on scripting... I would like to make a mod that triples the damage of grenades and 'Devastating level' mines. Could someone explain to me how to do this, in a simple way?

Okay, open up Kotor Tool

Step 1. Go to BIFS>TEMPLATES>BLUEPRINT ITEM and scroll down and open up the files:

Grenades

1. g_w_adhsvgren001

2. g_w_cryobgren001

3. g_w_firegren001

4. g_w_flashgren001

5. g_w_fraggren01

6. g_w_iongren01

7. g_w_poisngren01

8. g_w_sonicgren01

9. g_w_thermldet01

Mines

1. g_i_trapkit001

2. g_i_trapkit002

3. g_i_trapkit003

4. g_i_trapkit004

5. g_i_trapkit005

6. g_i_trapkit006

7. g_i_trapkit007

8. g_i_trapkit008

9. g_i_trapkit009

10. g_i_trapkit01

11. g_i_trapkit010

12.g_i_trapkit011

13. g_i_trapkit012

14. g_i_trapkit02

15. g_i_trapkit03

16. g_i_trapkit04

Step 1.5.And in each one go to Properties and double click on the empty line.

Step 2. Under Property name select Damage Bonus.

Step 3. Under Subtype select whatever type of damage you want when you use the item.

Step 4.Under Value select how much you want to damage your enemy (max 5)

Click add. To add more damage, repeat steps 1.5 to 4

Hope that helps!

So, I've noticed that all those mines and grenades are simply put, weak, and don't do the job. I want to make a mod in which I can increase the power of their damage, hiowever, it seems the damage they create is linked to spells... And Of course, I don't know a a single thing about scripting, and I've never understood those complex tutorials on scripting... I would like to make a mod that triples the damage of grenades and 'Devastating level' mines. Could someone explain to me how to do this, in a simple way?

Question... this for K1 or K2?

_EW_

PS.

Please include me in the readme. Thanks!

That was a bit forward, don't you think? Either he was going to anyway, or he still won't. Not going to help you to ask, IMHO.

PS.

That was a bit forward, don't you think? Either he was going to anyway, or he still won't. Not going to help you to ask, IMHO.

I would agree, I don't really think it's necessary to include someone in a readme when they have just answered a simple question. Just doesn't seem like a big enough thing to cite someone over.

-Doc

Lots of people give answers to people's questions around here, but they don't expect people to write about it in a readme file, and they certainly don't ask them to do it either. Asking just seems a bit pushy to me, it kind of blows all the air out of the "Helping out because we want to be helpful" vibe.

Hey! I game him the information he needed to hake his mod! The least I deserve is 1 line in the Readme!

To be honest, you don't really deserve anything. You helped him because this is a forum where people help each other. You shouldn't help people because you expect something in return.

Just slow your roll ;)

_EW_

On-topic;

I don't think that files contains nades effects. I think you need to edit K_sup_greanade script, but I have no idea how, cos I'm not scripter ;P

Indeed, despite d243 thinking he's done it all, modding mines, at least to my knowledge is better done via script.

Off-topic;

I'd agree with you if I only did a little bit but I took him througn the entire thing!

I'm sorry, but by this logic Stoffe for example should pretty much be in the read-me of nearly all mods that use scripting; and it will a) take her longer to do that, than your help above and b) requires more knowledge.

For me personally any help I offer, I don't expect to be named in the readme, a little 'thanks to all the people at Holowan Labs' is about all I think should be in there, save for someone physically contributing somethign to a mod. i.e. if you had done a mine for Arc, then he should put you in the readme; as you haven't I don't see why for a post that took you about 5mins you should be in the readme. Just my 2 cents.

I intend to put stoffe in the readme... I didn't know how I would make the mod, and stoffe told me how I would without scripting, so I would say that plenty qulaifies someone's being in the readme.

edit: the rockets and such for the wristlauncher will also get boosts. I'm esitmating about a 120 damage bonus to all of the explosives... so that means... 24 new lines in the properties of each explosive... and about 30-40 explosives to mod... hold you horses, this may take awhile... I plan to get it done ASAP though. Also, soem explosives, such as plasma mines and thermal detonators with have an added DC100 knockdown bonus to them, if I can program that in...

Also, what would happen if I duplicated spells on them? For example: A Poison grenade has a special poison spell on it. Would it work if I simply made another spell on that grenade, and exact duplicate of the original spell? That would save me a lot of time.

Archived