Home

Moding A Area

Revan 411

What is it you want to mod?

A lot of the tools you'll need, and tutorials, are found in the "General Tools + Tutorials" at the top of the Holowan subforum.

You might also be interested to know that a lot of modding in this game requires a lot of learning and time, although I'm sure you're up for it.

First off, you might wanna tell us what you need

Second, I believe you're gonna need KOTOR Tool and the K-GFF editor. Depending on your answer for my first question, you might need more.

Thats the problem i dont know what i need thats why i'm asking you guys.

And yes i have kotor tool.

Well, what is it exactly that you want to mod? We need to know that too.

I want to edit pragus [sorry cant spell it right] and make it more scaryer and darker you know silent hill and F.E.A.R sort of thing. And add a new area to.

Could put some effects in...or reduce the lighting...although that would probably involve some 3DS Max or GMAX editing I believe. Do you have any experience with any sort of modding? Of any kind?

I want to add some effects like flashing lights randomly and add a new area.

And no i do not have any modding experience.

Well, do you want to use an existing area as a template for your new area or make an entirely new one. Heres 2 ways:

Using an existing area as a template

1. Open up KotOR Tool

2. Go to Kotor II > ERFs > Modules

3. There are different worlds templates for you to work on. You can find the names of the modules at swknights.com

4. Click the + next to the module you want to use and extract the .git, .are .ifo files to somewhere that you can find.

I don't know how but you'll have to insert NPC's, enemyies ect. Hopefully someone will tell you how to do that.

5 Open up the Kotor Tool module editor

6. Put the .git, .are, .ifo and all the other stuff into it and label it something like 108PER.mod. It should appear in your desktop.

7. Move it to your Kotor 2 modules folder.

8. Start up the game and use the cheat console to warp there.

How to make entirely new areas

You need to be an experienced modeler with Gmax or 3Ds Max. Currently the only people that can/have done it are:

Doc Valantine, SithSpecter and Quanon.

Hope that helps!

-DarthRevan243

P.S: To enable cheats open the swkotor2.ini file and under game optians type

EnableCheats=1

Well, do you want to use an existing area as a template for your new area or make an entirely new one. Heres 2 ways:

Using an existing area as a template

1. Open up KotOR Tool

2. Go to Kotor II > ERFs > Modules

3. There are different worlds templates for you to work on. You can find the names of the modules at swknights.com

4. Click the + next to the module you want to use and extract the .git, .are .ifo files to somewhere that you can find.

I don't know how but you'll have to insert NPC's, enemyies ect. Hopefully someone will tell you how to do that.

5 Open up the Kotor Tool module editor

6. Put the .git, .are, .ifo and all the other stuff into it and label it something like 108PER.mod. It should appear in your desktop.

7. Move it to your Kotor 2 modules folder.

8. Start up the game and use the cheat console to warp there.

How to make entirely new areas

You need to be an experienced modeler with Gmax or 3Ds Max. Currently the only people that can/have done it are:

Doc Valantine, SithSpecter and Quanon.

Hope that helps!

-DarthRevan243

P.S: To enable cheats open the swkotor2.ini file and under game optians type

EnableCheats=1

Do you need any other tools besides KT to do this?

If you're going to be CREATING an entirely new area, yes 3DS MAX/GMAX is required. Photoshop isn't really required, unless you wanna make some new textures I suppose.

I don't know of any tutorials around here that talk specificially about creating a BRAND new area (mostly because they're a pain and/or take a lot of time), but a Google search might do some good there.

Is there a way to put in a new charater in the game?

Cause i want make a goustly copy of Sion for the mod but i am not going to make him talk just make him fight.

That and i want to make the dead miniers in to zombies and make them new enamies but will still have the same anamation as any other charters in the game.

Archived