Home

totally disappointed

Viper32

i hate to say it but this mod took a total nosedive with the latest release. 8 points for each saber style is rediculous. you cant even get a decent start with 50 points now. sad to say, i was hoping for greater things with this release but im not digging the insane amount of points you need to spend. 2 or 3 points per stance would have made a lot more sense.

You get much, much better styles for the points you spend on them. Every style has AT LEAST 2 perks now that make its effect noticable.

You can change teh amount of points you start with with the command:

g_minexplevel

g_maxexplevel governs the total maximum of points.

i hate to say it but this mod took a total nosedive with the latest release. 8 points for each saber style is rediculous. you cant even get a decent start with 50 points now. sad to say, i was hoping for greater things with this release but im not digging the insane amount of points you need to spend. 2 or 3 points per stance would have made a lot more sense.

Your crying over something stupid, "total nosedive"...

Your FACE is a total nosedive.

If you are that unhappy with it you can always change it for yourself once the 1.2 code gets updated to the SVN.

Your crying over something stupid, "total nosedive"...

Your FACE is a total nosedive.

If you are that unhappy with it you can always change it for yourself once the 1.2 code gets updated to the SVN.

What an ignorant post: nothing comes without it's fair share of "negative criticism".

I myself do not agree with him, but regardless of my views I don't feel the need to ridicule the dude for jack ****.

As for insulting someone via the internet? +1 to your eBadass, mate.

V1.2 hasn't been released in it's entirety, I believe: wait for it to be completely released, and I'm sure your views will change considerably given time ;)

Nothing wrong with criticism but when "this mod took a total nosedive" over something as trivial as point costs, then you disregard the mod as being total trash, now theres my real e-badass problem. I personally think that it should be lower also, but I don't say the whole mod is in shambles because of it, thats just stupid. He should come across as being more of a person that wants to make things better instead he says the mod is in a "total nosedive" because of something so meager and insignificant.

I disagree about 50 points not being enough for a decent start. The lowest threshold should be 30 points, just enough that you can get level 1 skills of the main stuff if you want to. For Force skills at least, investing in 1 level gives you DP, so starting out with a low skill point pool makes you more careful and think about what you want to invest in - it makes the start of the game much more "dangerous" because it's easier to die. If you're at around 120 skill points or thereabouts, if you're good enough you can last pretty long.

Zero, man, two wrongs don't make a right. Everyone's gonna have varying opinions on OJP because of their own inherent gameplay bias. If contributors think there's something to what he or someone else says, they'll fix it. But if it's simply ain't so, it just ain't so. Leave it be. We can't please everyone all the time.

8 points per saber style forces you to think about what combination of styles you'll want to use. Different styles have their strengths, and it wouldn't make sense (thinking about training/experience here) if someone knew a bajillion styles until they're pretty far along. So 8 pts somewhat simulates that commitment. Besides, guns require you to invest a lot of points, too. Ideally it'd be nice to split the saber styles into levels but it seems like it'd take a lot of work to do that, and we're already overworking poor Darth.

We're here to enjoy and improve a great mod, and there's already plenty to piss on about IRL - OJP's supposed to be a relief from all that, yeah? So yeah, sure, have strong opinions, but damn, guys, play nice.

Well the sentiments were well-placed, but were for the wrong reasons.

V1.2's release was a disaster and it's good of Viper to be honest about it. This ofcourse doesn't mean that OJP sucks, it means that people screwed up.

Lay the blame with me, not OJP, broseph.

Maxstate with words o wisdom.

I really think the only thing you are doing wrong Maxstate is that you are not putting out consistent beta builds for the rest of us to test on our own time.

And the fact that you playtimes are made like... NOW, on some occasion. There should be some in between time for people to see.

But you Jon and Die, are doing a great job for being about a 3 man team. (excuse if i miss any other contributers.)

Archived