Home

Reven or Exile?

Burnseyy

At this point, you're just freaking making stuff up.

Am I? Are you saying that you didn't noticed that the companions backstories felt incredibly incomplete? I think the best example to illustrate it is Atton. Hmm, interesting, assassins, Sith, torture... hmm, that's it? Already over?

And where's Visas' life tale? "My planet went nova and I became slave to a blabbering proto-sith lord." Yeah, that's it.

Not saying that isn't true about some K2 people, but their backstories at least consisted (usually) of more than one single life-altering event (ie Juhani, Carth, Canderous, Zaalbar etc.).

On that point you're mostly right, especially when we have Bao-dur in mind. Nevertheless, what I'm saying is that, despite of their stories originality or inspiration, they all seemed - and are - too incomplete.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
like i said, it's probably because i played KOTOR2, first. :lol:

I too played KotOR II first. That might be why I like Revan a little bit more. They both are great characters to tell you the truth.

--

I admitt that the characters in K1 had a much better background. I mean, you get to learn about Zaalbar on Kasyykyy (spelled wrong, I know. :/), Mission & her brother, Bastila and her mother, Carth and his son, wife, Saul, ect. Canderous with his war stories, and what not. There, IMO, was a lot more detail, and though, and story to the other characters in K1.

I too played KotOR II first. That might be why I like Revan a little bit more. They both are great characters to tell you the truth.

--

I admitt that the characters in K1 had a much better background. I mean, you get to learn about Zaalbar on Kasyykyy (spelled wrong, I know. :/), Mission & her brother, Bastila and her mother, Carth and his son, wife, Saul, ect. Canderous with his war stories, and what not. There, IMO, was a lot more detail, and though, and story to the other characters in K1.

very true!

in K2, they dont really have mcuh of a back story. if they did, the game would be much more enjoyable i think.

revan evil that makes him cool =P lol! i wish if you went evil then you could get the power to sevre the force like malak (what he does to visas planet) cause that would be fun =]

i prefer KotOR 1 although i like the way you can influance your crew but like alot o people are saying they didn't really have interesting background stories.

revan evil that makes him cool =P lol! i wish if you went evil then you could get the power to sevre the force like malak (what he does to visas planet) cause that would be fun =]

i prefer KotOR 1 although i like the way you can influance your crew but like alot o people are saying they didn't really have interesting background stories.

ahh, ste, i think you mean Darth Nihilus :lol:

I thought the difference was that the party members didn't have their own sidequests[ in K2]. [/Quote]

That really is the only difference, and I don't think K2 suffers for that. It suffers for a lot of other reasons, but that's hardly one of them.

revan evil that makes him cool =P lol![/Quote]

Hitler was evil too, does that make him cool?

So a villain can't be a good character?

a villian can be working for a good cause but can be doing it the wrong way. like the sith wanted to end the war with the mandalorians, but they may have done it the wronge way, resulting in thosands dead.

a villian can be working for a good cause but can be doing it the wrong way. like the sith wanted to end the war with the mandalorians, but they may have done it the wronge way, resulting in thosands dead.

I agree with the first phrase, but not with the rest of the statement. The Sith were the ones who proposed the mandalorians to engage the Republic on the first place.

a villian can be working for a good cause but can be doing it the wrong way.

That is completely beside the point. I was talking about the quality of the character, not their objectives or morality or whatever. A character is made to entertain the reader or serve a purpose in the story. The character in question's morality has nothing to do with that.

The Exile is the better of the two because she always kept her ways, despite being provoked time and again by the injustices she has faced. The true villains were Atris and Vrook... or the High Council. The story also revolves around leadership and morals rather than defeating a clearly evil enemy. The best villains are those with a reason for their actions.

oh i see sorry i thought ye ment the morality but there not for entertainment there real people THERE REAL PEOPLE!!!!!! hahaha

lol only joking am not a freak... lol i wish they were real tho

The Sith? I think there are enough megalomaniacs who like to torture people for fun running around the world already!

That is completely beside the point. I was talking about the quality of the character, not their objectives or morality or whatever. A character is made to entertain the reader or serve a purpose in the story. The character in question's morality has nothing to do with that.

I don't agree with that. I think the best characters are those who have the strongest beliefs and are willing to fight for them. My favorite character is Yuthura Ban. I favor her because she has always been driven by a cause... it lead her to become the thing she was trying to defeat. Her beliefs in her original cause was what brought her back to the jedi after she realized that she was no longer fighting for her goal. She had the strength to face what she had become and chose to turn away from the sith. The Exile is much more like that than Revan.

Archived