Home

Red Eclipse Xtended

TriggerGod

I'm gonna put off my Elementals mod for a while to work on this one. It will give you a chance to explore a new area on Nar Shaddaa for the base of the Red Eclipse.

I'm using DDD/MF's tut, and I'm told to get rid of the doors. I want to keep all the doors, so what do I do? Delete them anyways?

I'm gonna put off my Elementals mod for a while to work on this one. It will give you a chance to explore a new area on Nar Shaddaa for the base of the Red Eclipse.

I'm using DDD/MF's tut, and I'm told to get rid of the doors. I want to keep all the doors, so what do I do? Delete them anyways?

NO!!! Do not delete the doors if you want to keep them. Use the whereami armband to find the door that leads to another module and delete those. ;)

The only reason MF put that it in his tutorial is so that it doesn't link to another module.

Ok...

I don't feel like doing that, so if I'm lazy like that, I'm gonna go through, as I made a discovery. There is a line called "LinkedToModule" and I'll find the door that'll lead to the Polar (Shuttle) and the Czerka area.

EDIT:

Phail :(

I've gone through all the doors, only one is link to a module. And that is to the Secret Factory that the TSLRP will be restoring. So, I'll really have to go in :(

I'll help you with this. All you half to do is find the doors on that area that are Marked "Static" and un-check the box in KT. Then go to the Locks tab, and select Locked, and then Select Key Required to unlock and put in the res-ref.

NO!!! Do not delete the doors if you want to keep them. Use the whereami armband to find the door that leads to another module and delete those. ;)

The only reason MF put that it in his tutorial is so that it doesn't link to another module.

thats probably the reason im having issues with the doors

on topic: TG i always found the encounter with the RE to be too short, will there be any new quests for this?

No, as I have not yet worked with editing global.jrl and globalcat.2da, so don't expect new quests. I'll just add a script that'll add a datapad about the RE leader. Then, after you finish GOTO's Yacht (And therefor, meet with Zez) I'll see if I can whip up a modified OnEnter script for Nar Shaddaa to summon a creature that will have a script that'll transport me there. :)

No, as I have not yet worked with editing global.jrl and globalcat.2da, so don't expect new quests. I'll just add a script that'll add a datapad about the RE leader. Then, after you finish GOTO's Yacht (And therefor, meet with Zez) I'll see if I can whip up a modified OnEnter script for Nar Shaddaa to summon a creature that will have a script that'll transport me there. :)

Didn't I whip up a rather long script for that? In one of your questions below?

Maybe.... :xp:

Anyways, I want to try it on my own, see how well I am with scripting...

EDIT:

I've looked through the past pages of this forum, and I found the topic I was looking for. It had sekan giving someone a script that'll warp. So, this is the script I would use:

void main() 
{
StartNewModule("310NAR");
}

Or something whatever I will use to name my module.

Now, I just need to modify that OnEnter script...

Now, I just need to modify that OnEnter script...

Is that a request for help? If so:

In the .are file for your module (which you put in the .mod file), you specify the on_enter script for the module. Just make the script, compile and stick it in your override. Good luck and enjoy!

All right, after exploring KTool, I have discovered the scripts, and I have the script I need:

int StartingConditional()
{
   string sTag = GetScriptStringParameter();
   if ( GetIsObjectValid( GetItemPossessedBy( GetFirstPC(), sTag))) return TRUE;

return FALSE;
}

Now, the problem is, I don't know what I place where. I'm guessing sTag is the tag of the item I want my PC to be holding.

And how do I use that script to be able to talk to a certain NPC (normally, he would say nothing, but if my PC holding the item, then I want some dialog to play)

Archived