Home

Jekk'Jekk Tarr: FEEL MY HATRED

okiecircus

To the Programmer of Jekk'Jekk Tarr and QA Team:

I have completed all the missions. As Atton, I've massacred the Twin Suns. Then I get crept up on by Mira. She gasses me. I send her off into the lounge and she gets shocked by Squidbert. Then some old decrepit Jedi comes and hints that I need to follow him into the bar. I go outside the apartment, but none of the doors which previously allowed me into the alien bar work anymore. The doors outside of the Hutt's place right? Docks? Yeah, they don't work. Did you all test this? My quest log says I'm supposed to head there, but I'm knockin' and ain't nothing lettin' me in brothas.

Any clue? This game is a little buggier than the first KoToR, but I can't go anywhere ... does this game have no ending and just end there ... I mean I got a lightsaber but dang ... I thought I might get to put down a Dark Jedi ... but I guess I'm just stuck fighting spaghetti code and some broken script event ...

Any help would be appreciated ...

Edit: Slightly odd things, if I bump resolution down to 800x600 and turn off graphic effects she has no suit on when she goes in the lounge, this is Mira

okiecircus, welcome to Lucasforums. This is a fan-site and not LucasArts. We are also not affiliated with Obsidion Entertainment. So, we're probably not the right people you want to file a complaint with. We can help you with gameplay issues from our own experiences, however. :) If you can tell us what quests you have active and what you've competed on Nar Shadaa, it would be very helpful. Also, let us know if you've installed any game mods or done other changes to the game. Thanks!

To the Programmer of Jekk'Jekk Tarr and QA Team:

I have completed all the missions. As Atton, I've massacred the Twin Suns. Then I get crept up on by Mira. She gasses me. I send her off into the lounge and she gets shocked by Squidbert. Then some old decrepit Jedi comes and hints that I need to follow him into the bar. I go outside the apartment, but none of the doors which previously allowed me into the alien bar work anymore. The doors outside of the Hutt's place right? Docks? Yeah, they don't work. Did you all test this? My quest log says I'm supposed to head there, but I'm knockin' and ain't nothing lettin' me in brothas.

Any clue? This game is a little buggier than the first KoToR, but I can't go anywhere ... does this game have no ending and just end there ... I mean I got a lightsaber but dang ... I thought I might get to put down a Dark Jedi ... but I guess I'm just stuck fighting spaghetti code and some broken script event ...

Any help would be appreciated ...

Edit: Slightly odd things, if I bump resolution down to 800x600 and turn off graphic effects she has no suit on when she goes in the lounge, this is Mira

Thoughts:

1) Is your game fully updated? Make sure you've got the current version.

2) As mentioned above, you're sure you're at the right door?

3) Yes, TSL is much more of a roach motel than KotOR. A sadly lamented and very well documented fact. "Save often, and in different slots"; very very very true. Have you reloaded an earlier save and tried again?

4) Any mods installed?

Beyond that, not much else I can think of.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sorry that I posted on the wrong forums. I should have realized that Lucas Arts just badged it. Sad that their badge is on this game.

Yes, I'm at the right door because I had already gone into the Jekk'Jekk Tarr to get the lost captain for the guys in the apartments/slums. I also ripped off all the chemicals from the junkies in the bar.

When I launch the updater it says I have the latest version. My game is vanilla I haven't installed anything.

I'm thinking my machine is to good for this game. Because if I bump the resolution down and take off AA, AS, then she isn't even wearing an environmental suit after the cut scene with Squidbert.

Either way, suit or no suit, I have to run through the lounge door with her, it won't open, it's like my character's clipping is off in the game or something.

Thanks for the ideas folks.

I'm thinking my machine is to good for this game. Because if I bump the resolution down and take off AA, AS, then she isn't even wearing an environmental suit after the cut scene with Squidbert.

Either way, suit or no suit, I have to run through the lounge door with her, it won't open, it's like my character's clipping is off in the game or something.

I've had Mira lose her suit going through there myself, and it never resulted in any game-killing crashes. *shrug* I dunno, maybe if you posted some system specs, the computer-literate folks might have some ideas.

Aren't there two doors by Voga? One of them cannot be opened (Must be cut content for I see rooms on my map) and the door with 2 guards outside it around the corner from Voga. That one's the Jekk Jekk Tar in case you got the wrong door. This hasn't happened to me before. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

I say do what Mace suggested and go back to an earlier save.

Ok, so I'm starting over from the beginning of Nar Shadaa. Seems like a common thing to have to do. Must be Lucasarts playing Jedi Mind Tricks, "this isn't the door you're looking for."

And thanks for all the posts guiding me to the door, trust me, when this happened I walked all along the docks looking for doors that would open and none would. The only one that would even bring up an icon were the exit door back to the refugee landing, and the warehouse at the Hutt's. I blasted another door open in the Hutt's place, but I can't get through that because the dogs are barking at me.

I'll let you know how it goes. My friends are giving me a lot of crap just for playing this game because they said it was reviewed horribly, but I saw it for $20 at Target and figured what the hey.

Thanks for all the help/posts, the community is good, just wish the game measured up to you folks.

This game is definitely worth playing. It's a great game that you will have to play over and over just to get the gist of the plot, trust me. It's far more complex, intricate and, IMO, better than KotOR1; it's just not nearly as polished. Be sure to pay attention to every single word that Kreia says, and prepare yourself for a truly butchered ending. ;) Luckily there are several mods that keep the combat from getting boring during subsequent playthroughs.

Honestly, though, aside from the infamous Telos Academy bug (which is caused by the patch, of all things) I've never encountered any serious show-stopping bugs during any of my near-countless playthroughs, and my first playthrough was with an un-patched game! :giveup:

BTW: I average between 50 and 75 hard saves per playthrough.

This game is definitely worth playing. It's a great game that you will have to play over and over just to get the gist of the plot, trust me. It's far more complex, intricate and, IMO, better than KotOR1; it's just not nearly as polished. Be sure to pay attention to every single word that Kreia says, and prepare yourself for a truly butchered ending. ;) Luckily there are several mods that keep the combat from getting boring during subsequent playthroughs.

Honestly, though, aside from the infamous Telos Academy bug (which is caused by the patch, of all things) I've never encountered any serious show-stopping bugs during any of my near-countless playthroughs, and my first playthrough was with an un-patched game! :giveup:

BTW: I average between 50 and 75 hard saves per playthrough.

I'm up to 75 saves now. I restarted the entire planet, and lo and behold this time the first door into Jekk'Jekk Tarr is open, and I walk halfway in, and then I'm in the bar blasting ugly aliens. I guess restarting the planet should be a rule of thumb for any players who encounter similar issues. Quirky game, but at least I got a shot at finishing it now.

Thanks all for the help and suggestions. The community greatly overshadows this game.

This game is definitely worth playing. It's a great game that you will have to play over and over just to get the gist of the plot, trust me. It's far more complex, intricate and, IMO, better than KotOR1; it's just not nearly as polished. Be sure to pay attention to every single word that Kreia says, and prepare yourself for a truly butchered ending. ;)

That just about covers the game. The plot is just so screwed up. The plot would have made a lot more sense if there wasn't as much cut content. At least it's not like MGS2. Oh God that was one screwed up game.

In the way of mods, get the Ultimate Saber Mod and The Sith Lords Restoration Project.

I've had Mira lose her suit going through there myself, and it never resulted in any game-killing crashes. .

Yeah, that's a bug I've encountered too. It happens like every other playthough so far, I've never had an issue with the suit, just sorta annoying because you can't figure out why Visquis tells her to take off the suit. :lol:

I think there is a mod that fixes the problem... On the Team Gizka website, if I'm not mistaken.

@ okiecircus: Welcome, :waive1: sorry my reply is late. As you have already found out restarting or reloading usually fixes your buts, just remember to save a TON. I have literally hundreds of saves from my many playthroughs... It's something that can be annoying (why interrupt the game to SAVE?) but it's worth it in the long run.

I also reccomend the Ultimate Saber Mod, M4-78 mod, and Team Gizka's TSL restoration mod when it's done...

KOTOR2, is my favorite RPG game ever, it's fine unmodded... (basically)... and it gives you a rich, layered gameplay. *With* mods, it's phenominal. Trust me, that $20 was very well spent, even if you may not realize it now. :thmbup1:

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sorry that I posted on the wrong forums. I should have realized that Lucas Arts just badged it. Sad that their badge is on this game.

Yes, I'm at the right door because I had already gone into the Jekk'Jekk Tarr to get the lost captain for the guys in the apartments/slums. I also ripped off all the chemicals from the junkies in the bar.

When I launch the updater it says I have the latest version. My game is vanilla I haven't installed anything.

I have had the same door won't open problem. I figured out a way to solve it though. Before I got the TSLRP and the K2RP I actually had to do something very odd. First I installed the TSL Hak Pad mod with the booster pack and then I installed the whereami armband mod. The two conflicted but the whereamiarmband is bugged and the hak pad and armband mod together fixed it. Instead of going to the hak pad menu like I should when I click the icon it gives me the effects of the whereami armband. I get close the the private lounge door and click open door when the option comes after I have clicked the hak pad button. I have not gotten far enough with the TSLRP installed to see if I do not have to do that when I do get there I'll post.

Archived