Home

Dantooine Vault

Marius Fett

This is a small project i'm going to be working on alongside Yavin IV.

This isn't a terribly ambitious mod, in fact it's quite small.

What it will do, is add a new area into the game on Dantooine (in the enclave), where you can find old Jedi and Sith artifacts that the council have locked away in there.

There will be several new items for you to find, aswell as a new area to explore.

I'm going to have a bash at modelling my own area for this. It's quite simple, but if it works out ok, i'll go back and add more stuff etc. But how complicated can a place like this be? :p

RENDER1-2.jpg

Very nice project Marius!! Hope you complete it soon!!!:D

If you need any help, feel free to contact me!

I am a bit capable in scripting, NPC and ut* spawning.

I wonder...How do you create a total new area?? Not just reskinning, a total new!!

If you can, please post a tutorial when done!! I like the idea of creating new areas, and I want to focus on this area of modding!!:xp:

DingDong, I think you're taking on too many projects. :p

:lol:

Aside from this small one, i'm only on Yavin, (which i'm gonna start working on properly when school ends) and Infinite Empire and Sleheyron, neither of which I can start working on yet as my role will come in at a later stage.

So really speaking i've got a LOT of free time. :p

Right now, the area's pretty simple, not necessarily a bad thing, but anyway, what I would do is take a hard look at the Dantooine modules, especially the ceilings. You'd be suprised what a ceiling can do to an area. :) But it looks good, and I hope that you can get this one finished. :xp:

Right now, the area's pretty simple, not necessarily a bad thing, but anyway, what I would do is take a hard look at the Dantooine modules, especially the ceilings. You'd be suprised what a ceiling can do to an area. :) But it looks good, and I hope that you can get this one finished. :xp:

Everything went ok, except one step...

Guess which one.

:( :(

Any chance you can have a go at it? :p

Hmm... I'll take a guess... the walkmesh, maybe? :xp:

Anyway, something that you could try is to create a walkmesh out of a plane, just to look around your area, and I could do the final one once you're done. Also, could you list the steps that you used and post a screenshot of just the walkmesh?

How did you guess! :p

Here are the steps:

Copied the floor.

Extruded it to the height of the walls.

Removed the "ceiling" and capped the hole in the "floor".

Split it into rectangle shapes.

ResetXForms, and Convert to Mesh.

Set the ID for the floor Polys to 10 and the walls to 7.

ResetXForms again and added Walkmesh modifier.

Centered Pivots, reset XForms again, linked to AuroraBase, exported...

Centered Pivots, reset XForms again, linked to AuroraBase, exported...

I would do the Center Pivots before you add the Walkmesh Modifier..

Though I get the feeling I might have said it differantly in my video... o_Q

And to be fair, I mostly end up deleting the walls as these keep making my Meshes bugged. :(

But perhaps SS can give you some better tips to handle it.

Alright. Here's what I do with my walkmeshes, and they mostly turn out very nicely.

1. Detach as clone the peices that you will be using for the walkmesh, and then attach them all together as one mesh (Though I usually convert to poly). !!!Floor Cannot be Extruded!!! Must be a flat, one-sided plane.

2. Weld the vertexes so that there are no 'gaps' in your walkmesh.

(If you have a one-peice walkmesh, you can skip parts one and two)

3. Select all the edges that will be the 'outside' of the walkmesh, or a part where the character won't be able to go. Extrude them 0 cm. Make sure not to deselect them. Move them up, any amount will do.

4. Hit 'Trimesh' and 'ResetXForm.'

5. Select the walls, and set the mulitmaterial to 7. Put the floor whatever you want.

6. Add walkmesh modifier.

7. Hit 'Trimesh' and 'ResetXForm.'

Your walkmesh better work...

Adding the non-walk walls enables your character to 'slide' along them rather than 'stick.'

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i've FINALLY got something i'm somewhat pleased with, and the walkmesh works perfectly.

I've added some lights to the ceiling, and before you say it's too dark, it's supposed to be that way. :)

Here is an ingame screeny:

danv.jpg

I haven't added anything yet, the only thing in there right now is that Jawa... :p

Archived