Home

Star Wars: Hope and Courage

"Here," he said as he handed Naja some berries he had in his pocket, "For the record I never picked those berries, you did."

Naja gently took the berries from Null. Then she looked at him, smiling. "Thanks, Null." Naja glanced back at the old Enclave. Then she looked back at Null.

"Well'p. I'm all set." She hopped on the speeder as well. "I can hold Hoban from behind..."

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well'p. I'm all set." She hopped on the speeder as well. "I can hold Hoban from behind..."

Null hopped onto the speeder and smirked.

"But then there will be no one to hold me from behind" he said smoothly. "Besides," Null said as he strapped Hoban down with another belt," Hoban's all set."

• 2 weeks later...

"I've made the reports. The local authorities will be heading for the enclave to retrieve the bodies soon..." Torn said to his captain. The captain sighed.

The two of them were in a crematorium in Khoonda, watching over the body of what was once Beq.

"Beq and I were both war-veterans." the Captain added. "We both served in the same unit. But we eventually retired and began our own gig."

Torn knew what happened afterwards. Hired additional crew members, then himself. He wasn't sure what to do now, now that the entire crew has been expended. "We've got some more guests coming. Mandalorian, some chic and a Jedi. They gave us a hand wiping out the Weequays."

"But then there will be no one to hold me from behind" he said smoothly. "Besides," Null said as he strapped Hoban down with another belt," Hoban's all set."

Naja grinned at Null. "Oh, Null. For a Mandalorian, you do tease a lot." She chuckled heartily. "C'mon. Let's meet the former Imperial boy, and pay our respect to... Beq, I think his name was."

She then sat behind Null. Hoban would be okay. Naja smiled. "Happy now?"

"Oh, Null. For a Mandalorian, you do tease a lot."

Null laughed on the outside but shivered on the inside. He hated being called a mando after what his father had done though being the guy he was Null quickly bounced back.

"And for a farm girl Jedi, you do laugh a lot."

"Happy now?"

Null checked his speeder's engine before replying.

"Almost, come out to dinner with me and you'll seal the deal" Null said as he raised his helmet up to wink at her.

He put the helmet back on and looked back over at Hoban, placing a finger to on his neck; there was still a pulse. He then picked up the comlink Beq gave him and contacted Torn.

"Torn this is Null, Hoban won't be coming with us... unless you want a unconscious jedi there. Rest assured we'll be there soon."

Null looked back over to Naja.

"Do you need to go see your mother first?"

"Almost, come out to dinner with me and you'll seal the deal" Null said as he raised his helmet up to wink at her.

Naja blushed. She never been asked to dinner before. She thought it over. Then she nodded, smiling. "I'd like that..."

"Do you need to go see your mother first?"

The young woman nodded. "Yeah. Best we bring Hoban to my mom's house so he can rest up. My mom wouldn't mind."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Later, after the Dark Lord of the Sith's speech, the Dark Lord walked up to Darth Zula and whispered, "Take Diabolas and you to Dantooine. I sense... a murmur in the Force there. Someone there is very strong with it. I want you to bring them to me alive. Do not hesitate to kill the ones that will get in your way."

Zula bowed proudly. "Your will is always done, my lord."

After that, the Dark Lord walked away, with an evil smile.

Diabolas approached Zula, just as the dark lord swept away from her proximity. His expression was grim as always.

"The sooner we leave here, the better." he stood next to his colleague, gazing at the dark lord as he walked away. He crossed his arms and hung his head down. "I sense something... something familiar I have previously encountered some time ago."

"Torn this is Null, Hoban won't be coming with us... unless you want a unconscious jedi there. Rest assured we'll be there soon."

"Copy that..." Torn muttered back in the comlink. He forgot Null still had it with him.

Looking at poor Beq made Torn recite a bad memory. First Ashlen, now him. Both death's had one thing in common: he couldn't save them.

Zula stood by her Sith ally, listening to what he had said.

"I sense something... something familiar I have previously encountered some time ago."

The young Sith woman slowly looked up at her side. The thought made her curious to what Diabolas said. "What... what do you mean, Lord Diabolas?"

----------------------------------------------

"So exactly where do I go from here?"

Naja replied, "Just head straight, pass the fields, and there, you'll see a little house painted in tan."

She thought about how her first date with Null would be. She smiled. "Yeah, I'm pretty hungry too."

"Just head straight, pass the fields, and there, you'll see a little house painted in tan."

Null nodded and smiled at her second comment. He started the speeder up and headed towards the fields. The speeder flew past the fields and in the distance was a tan house. Null flew the speeder over to the house and parked it. Null got off his speeder and picked Hoban up.

"Are you sure your mother will be okay with this?"

Diabolas grunted and brushed passed Zula. "It is none of your concern. But lets just say I have some unfinished business left to be dealt with."

He was about to exit the hall, but stood halfway. He shot a glance back at Zula. "We leave here in an hour. I'd go prepare yourself duing that time. Dantooine is a long distance away from here." he exited the hall.

"Are you sure your mother will be okay with this?"

Naja got off as well, then she stared at her mother's house. "I'm sure. Don't worry, I can handle her if she disapprove it." She then walked up to her home, and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" a voice called out.

"It's me, mom. Naja. I'm back." The door opened, as Rella, her mother, looked at her. "Naja. I was growing so worried! It's going on to dusk. Where have you--" Suddenly, she stopped.

Naja glanced back, and turned back to Rella. "Oh! Mom these are my new friends. Null and Hoban. Hoban's a Jedi and he's unconscious. Is there any way we can let him stay and rest a while?"

Rella was speechless. Then she nodded. "Okay. Let them in. Hurry." She went back inside, followed by Naja.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Zula glared down. Her yellow eyes burning. "Sure thing..." She then walked out, going to her quarters. When she closed her slide door, Zula looked at the mirror.

"Who was I before? What is my real purpose?"

She then realized what she had said. She snorted. "What am I saying? I'm a Sith! It's in my blood." She then packed her things for the next mission.

Null listened to the conversation and waited for some kind of answer.

"Okay. Let them in. Hurry."

There was the answer he was looking for. Null got off his speeder and untied Hoban. He followed after Naja and her mother into the home. Null looked around at the house.

"A beautiful home you have here Naja's mother" Null said to Naja's mother politely. Null moved over to Naja quickly and whispered into her ear, "and a beautiful daughter to match." He then looked back over to the mother. "Where exactly should I put him?"

Naja blushed when he said that in her ear. She never had a guy say that to her before. After all, she was timid when things like that happened. She then refocused on the situation.

"Where exactly should I put him?"

Rella pointed to a comfortable couch. "You can put him there. He'll be more safe and comfortable."

Naja looked up at her mother. "Mom? I know we just got back. But... can Null and I go out? It's very important."

The old Farm woman worried about her daughter very much. But she was a grown woman now. Rella smiled. "Of course. Don't be too long. The Kath Hounds show no mercy at night."

"Thanks, mom. And we'll be back as soon as possible." Naja then turned to Null, smiling. "Let's go then." She hugged her mom farewell again, and headed out towards the door.

"Your chariot awaits."

Naja grinned, and took his hand gently. "Oh, now you know you need to stop..." she said jokingly. She climbed on his speeder, and held on to him. "Okay. We're off to the funeral!"

Rella came from the house, and waved good-bye. Naja returned the wave before speeding with Null.

----------------------------------------------------------

A hour later, Zula came out of her quarters and headed towards Diablolas' room. She glanced around at every Sith and Dark Jedi that were around her. She always thought she belonged somewhere else. But where?

Shaking the thought off her mind, the young woman faced the door of Diabolas. She gulped silently, and knocked on the door.

"Diabolas? Are you ready for the mission?"

Diabolas was meditating within his chamber. It was very dim-red, yet dark. His favourite atmosphere; his place of serenity. Then his serenity was suddenly disturbed by the voice of his colleague. It was perfect timing; he was ready anyway.

He pulled his clothing on and clipped his armor back into place. He attached his small pouch back onto his belt and opened the door to meet Zula.

"Lets go..." he walked to the shuttle.

Null started the speeder up and took off back the way they had been.

"Your mother seems very nice, she reminds me of how my mother use to be."

Null had passed by the enclave they had been in before realizing he didn't know where to go. Fortunately for him Torn was still on his HUD. He got a fix on a yellow dot and followed after it until it was in the middle of the screen. He parked his speeder and got off heading towards Torn.

"Its good to see you again Torn, I hope were not too late."

"You're about half-hour late..." said Torn. But he just smirked. "But the monk is late aswell. So don't worry."

A few moments later the monk showed up. They moved Beq's body to the outdoor funeral temple and placed him atop of a platform. The monk had said his prayers as the platform was encircled by flames triggered by a mechanism. The platform then mechanically lowered itself down below the the gap in the floor was sealed; to leave the body to incenerate.

Torn crossed his arms and looked down. He wasn't very religeos, so he didn't bother hearing the monk's prayers. All he thought about was how this reminded him of Ashlein's death to the Sith monster called Diabolas.

Hoban opened his eyes. Last thing he remembered was an invisible monster in the enclave. He felt great pain in his chest. He found himself on a couch, but he didn't recognize the room. Darn, I just hope it hasn't been thousands of years this time too.

He felt someone in the house. A force sensetive, a Jedi? He slowly got up from the couch, holding an arm on his chest, and started walking as he leaned against the wall. As he passed a window, he noticed he was still on Dantooine.

Hoban approached the force sensetive, who was a woman. "Thank you for taking care of me!"

Null moved his way next to Torn and watched as Beq's body was put into the fire. He put his hand on Torn's shoulder.

"He died bravely in combat and there was nothing any of us could do to save him."

Null looked at Torn for a few seconds and put his hand down. "There's something more to this isn't there Torn, your eyes they show more than just Beq."

Naja stood between Null and Torn. She sadly stared at the body of Beq that was being consumed by the fire. She remembered the times when the Jedi honored the death of beloved Jedi memebers. This brought tears into Naja's eyes.

"There's something more to this isn't there Torn, your eyes they show more than just Beq."

The young woman glanced at Torn, when Null said that. He was right...

-------------------------------------------------

Rella turned and looked at Hoban. She smiled warmly.

"You're welcome, young man. My name is Rella Ross. Mother of Naja. Your friends came all this way to help you."

-------------------------------------------------

Zula followed, a few steps behind Diabolas. When she got on the ramp, she glanced back. Getting back on Korriban was going well, because she really needed rest. But then she learnt that the Sith never rest when it comes to regaining the Galaxy.

She sighed with frustration, and got inside the Sith shuttle. Zula then went to the cockpit to start the engines.

"Setting coordinates to Dantooine..." She set up the coordinates on the control panels. "Check. Life support? Check. Weapons?" She glanced down. "Check. All right, let's go."

The shuttle began to move out of the hangar, and proceeded into the atmosphere.

"There's something more to this isn't there Torn, your eyes they show more than just Beq."

Torn looked down. Then he gazed up at the ceiling. "Life as an Imperial Knight can have its rewarding moments. You've been given a great power, and yet not even the force can help you save someone closest to you."

"Why didn't I run faster?" he thought, when Ashlein was slain by Diabolas in his memories. "I prefer not to talk about it. Not yet, anyay..."

Null listened and nodded. Something told him Torn wanted to let it out, like he held onto this memory for a long time and let it eat him on the inside.

"If you haven't guessed already Null isn't much of a Mandalorian name... When I was young my mother and I traveled with my father who was a bounty hunter. My parents use to argue a lot and well... one day my father had enough and killed her right in front of me. I was so devastated from it that I killed him in is sleep that same day. I rejected the name I had and became Null, nothing to do with my Mandalorian culture."

Null looked down for a few seconds before looking back up.

"This armor... it was his. I wear it as a reminder of the evils out there and how I must think like the enemy to overcome them."

"You're welcome, young man. My name is Rella Ross. Mother of Naja. Your friends came all this way to help you."

Hoban smiled.

"A pleasure to meet you mrs. Ross, I'm Hoban, a Jedi knight." Hoban said as he placed himself on a chair. "It's a nice place you got here. I always found Dantooine as a good place to relax, it's calm and occassionally dangerous."

Archived