Home

Star Wars: Hope and Courage

((Sorry I took long, guys. School, work... the usual.))

"A pleasure to meet you mrs. Ross, I'm Hoban, a Jedi knight." Hoban said as he placed himself on a chair. "It's a nice place you got here. I always found Dantooine as a good place to relax, it's calm and occassionally dangerous."

Rella chuckled heartily. "Yes, indeed. It has been well-known for both relaxation and dangers over the years now." She turned back around to fix dinner. "So tell me, Hoban... are you from around here?"

--------------------------------------------

Null's story sounded really sad to Naja. The young woman looked up at him. "I'm so sorry to hear that, Null. I truly am..." She then looked at Torn.

"Torn? Even if you lost the person you cared about, they're still with you. In heart and mind. I learned that as well when Daddy died." She closed her eyes, fighting the tears away. Then she glanced back at Torn.

The young woman added, "Living in sorrow only brings us isolation, not closeness to others. But it's good to miss your loved ones."

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Living in sorrow only brings us isolation, not closeness to others. But it's good to miss your loved ones."

"Exactly, and keeping that to yourself does not help. Trust me I've seen it happen plenty of times to people ranging from the loss of a loved one to having a bad day. Either way your sad and if you let that stay inside you, it can lead to much worse things."

Null stopped noticing someone else had joined the funeral. He turned to see it was the weapons dealer that he was suppose to meet from before. Null spoke to the Ithorian in its language.

"Of all the times you decide to come now!?!?"

"I'm sorry but special orders take longer to get done."

"You do realize this is a funeral"

"Oh... well in that case its half off."

"Yeah whatever, will it do as I asked."

"Yes it can deflect lightsaber blows, but why not just use cortosis to have the blade deactivate?"

"Because there's no fun in that, retractable blades?"

"Yes as you asked"

"Good now leave before these good people get more upset."

Null took the new gauntlets and watched the Ithorian leave. He placed them on looked to the group.

"I apologize for his rudeness."

Torn hadn't noticed the Ithorian. He just looked down at the sealed boiling chamber below. These people were kind, and they were right too. But he didn't feel comfortable talking about his grieving... not just yet anyway.

"Thank you." he said to both Null and Naja.

An hour past. The monk had finished his speaches and left. Pretty soon, Torn walked out and felt the cool night air breeze on his face. The captain joined him. "Torn... he was a good man. I know there is no way in replacing him, but I know you have the right heart to take his place as first mate."

"I don't care about that..." said Torn. "But I'm not sure if simple mercenary work is my sort of gig anymore... you must understand. I'm sorry, captain."

"There is no need. You're a good man too, Torn. But even I feel something dark within you. You have to deal with it sooner or later." the Captain added. "I was thinking of giving up freelancing anyway. Maybe try out for shipment. But you have your own path to take."

"It was a pleasure, captain." said Torn. The captain left after he shook his hand. Torn wasn't sure what he was gonna do now. He was thinking of doing things solo; perhaps Bounty Hunting. But now wasn't the time to think of such things, he thought.

"I apologize for his rudeness."

Naja looked up at Null, and smiled. "That's okay, Null." Suddenly, she saw Torn walk away. Naja watched him with sadness. "Poor guy... I wanna do something nice for him..." She thought about it. Then it came to mind.

The young woman came behind Torn, and played with her fingers nervously. "Um... Torn? I know this might sound crazy but... do you want to stay at my place for a while? My mother's cooking dinner, and she makes the best dinner ever. It's to cheer ya up." Naja smiled quietly.

Torn looked down at Naja, proposing an invite. There was a brief silence. Then Torn gave a small smile.

"I'll be fine. I don't like the feeling of intrusion, and thats what I'm afraid of." He looked at surrounding buildings within the small ville of Khoonda. Then looked back at Naja. "I mean, you don't have to invite me if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

"I'll be fine. I don't like the feeling of intrusion, and thats what I'm afraid of." He looked at surrounding buildings within the small ville of Khoonda. Then looked back at Naja. "I mean, you don't have to invite me if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

Naja "tsked" happily, and hit Torn on the arm in a friendly way. "Aww, stop it. Make me feel uncomfortable? No, it'd be a honor to have you stay over. I can see that you're lonely and... oh, I don't have to explain myself! Come over. Pleeeeaaase?" The young woman smiled brightly.

----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Zula was in the cockpit, operating the shuttle. As she watched the view, Zula thought about her uncle. Although he was a pirate, the Jedi didn't have to kill him. He was the only person she ever had.

Yellow eyes burning with anger, Zula continued to fly to her and Diabolas' destination.

"Aww, stop it. Make me feel uncomfortable? No, it'd be a honor to have you stay over. I can see that you're lonely and... oh, I don't have to explain myself! Come over. Pleeeeaaase?"

Torn stared at the insistant Naja. He hated it when people felt sorry for him, yet she was too kind. Still, Torn needed a place to stay overnight afterall. He smiled.

"If it will make you happy, then sure. Thank you." he said. He turned to Null. "Coming along? We better make it back to her place, or her mother will be worried."

Diabolas sat there meditating in the shuttle. They oughta arive at Dantooine in less than a standard day or two. Just then, he felt Zula's rush of anger through the force. The sith smiled.

"I can feel your anger. That is good... it will give you strength for the battle that is to come. But you need to control it in order to benefit yourself."

He closed his eyes and went back to meditating. "Save your strength." he added.

Null watched as the funeral ended and was looking forward to the rest of the night.

"Um... Torn? I know this might sound crazy but... do you want to stay at my place for a while? My mother's cooking dinner, and she makes the best dinner ever. It's to cheer ya up."

"Wait... w-what!?!?"

"I mean, you don't have to invite me if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

"Yeah really that's a shame but we..." Null began.

"Aww, stop it. Make me feel uncomfortable? No, it'd be a honor to have you stay over. I can see that you're lonely and... oh, I don't have to explain myself! Come over. Pleeeeaaase?"

"But we had..." Null tried again.

"If it will make you happy, then sure. Thank you." he said. He turned to Null. "Coming along? We better make it back to her place, or her mother will be worried."

"But I... she... we... and the eating... and the dinner... for 2... I'll be on the speeder." Null shook his head and sat down on his speeder utterly confused on what had just happened.

Torn looked strangely at Null at the responses he made. It took him a while to comprehend the last sentence.

"... ooohhhhh, right!" Torn couldn't help but make a cheeky smirk. "I better not disturb whatever it was between you."

He walked over to Null and put a hand on his shoulder and whispered something confidential between him and the Mandalorian. "Relax. She's not my type." he winked.

He looked back at Naja. "You guys do whatever it was you had to do. I'll be in town, having a few at the cantina." he smiled and walked off. He couldn't help but laugh to himself.

He looked back at Naja. "You guys do whatever it was you had to do. I'll be in town, having a few at the cantina."

Naja waved and smiled. "All right. See ya then!" Then she turned to Null, and hopped on his speeder, sitting behind him. "Aww, don't worry. I haven't forgot about ya." She smiled.

------------------------------------------------------

"I can feel your anger. That is good... it will give you strength for the battle that is to come. But you need to control it in order to benefit yourself."

Zula heard Diabolas' voice in her head. She closed her eyes. Angered tears fell from her eyes. "Thank you... Lord Diabolas."

"Save your strength."

"Yes, Lord Diabolas." Zula gripped her hands on the yokes, staring at the stars. Then she wiped her eyes, a little embarrased.

"Relax. She's not my type."

Null simply nodded as Torn walked off feeling a little guilty for what he had just done; after all the guy did just lose his comrade.

"Aww, don't worry. I haven't forgot about ya." She smiled.

"That's good to hear, otherwise I'd be having dinner by myself."

"You guys do whatever it was you had to do. I'll be in town, having a few at the cantina."

"Hey before we go there's something I need to do first." Null said as he turned his speeder on driving in Torn's direction.

"Hey Torn," Null said as he caught up with him. "Here," Null said as he held a card out. "The drinks are on me, the code is 2401."

Many thoughts ran through Hobans head. What had happend over the thousands of years. His vision of Kavar. The warning about Sith returning. He looked at Rella.

"Mrs. Ross, I have to ask. Howcome you're trying to hide that you're a Jedi... and your daughter aswell?"

((Mwahahaha! Your secret pin number is all mine, betch! :dev7: ))

Torn picked up the card and looked at it. But then he placed it in Null's hand. "I can't accept that. But thanks anyway." He pulled out his own credit chip. He smirked. "I'll leave you guys to it. Maybe we'll meet again, but we'll see."

He walked away and back into Khoonda. He entered the nearest cantina and ordered a drink. Sometimes being alone was what people prefered, and thats what Torn needed for now.

((Aww, you're terrible, PK! :lol:))

Naja watched, as Torn began to depart away. "Poor guy. Hope he feels better soon." She then looked at Null from behind.

"So! Ya ready to go now?" She smiled.

---------------------------------------------

"Mrs. Ross, I have to ask. Howcome you're trying to hide that you're a Jedi... and your daughter aswell?"

Rella stopped stirring the stew in the pot, and turned to look at Hoban. Then she sighed. "Well... it's because..." She sighed with troubleness. "My husband died as a Jedi, trying to protect us. Then, when my daughter and I felt that the Sith were rising again, we began to hide here on Dantooine."

She had a downcast look after she said that.

---------------------------------------------

When Zula had the shuttle on autopilot, she began to lay back on her chair and imagine on what would happen on Dantooine. "Once we get there, we capture that Force-sensitive person my Master felt, and bring them back to him. After that, I might be named Hand."

She smiled to herself. "Tomorrow is the day we get to Dantooine..."

• 2 weeks later...

"So what's it like being a jedi, like having the force run through you and stuff?"

Naja thought about that question. Then she smiled. "Well... with the Force as my ally, it's kinda... great. Using the Force for a good cause is wonderful. It helps bind the Galaxy together. Unlike the Dark Side, the Light Side always bring peace and lets the Galaxy know that through the Force, we're all one with it."

She then thought about her mother. It troubled Naja that her mom still refuse to use pick up a lightsaber. The young woman bit her lower lip and had a downcast look.

• 1 month later...

Kentruula Ull had been one of the few Jedi not to retire to a normal life. Instead she roamed Dantooine with her Jedi robe flowing behind her. Kentruula had become a very well known figure, as would be expected of a public Jedi. Numerous times had she fended off attempts on her life. She had also discovered a force sensitive amongst the local populace, likely trying to maintain her cover and live a normal life.

Whilst Kentruula was capable of holding her own against the Sith she knew that she needed help. This force sensitive was likely her only option, her only chance . . . Kentruula decided that she needed to talk with this individual, if only to discover her true nature. She emerged from her home, a small establishment far from civilization and boarded her speeder bike. She quickly accelerated, zipping across the plains with only the Force to guide her. She reached out to this person, this force adept . . . and rekindled the touch of the force within her soul.

In the heart of Mandalore. Mandalore the Destroyer woke up from a restless sleep.Suddenly the alarm rang that told you that there were unwanted vistors Mandalore got suited, and drew his two lightsabers.as soon as he got done a group of new Neo-Crusader walked in, and sluited."Mandalore we've been breached by the south and north it seems that both republic, and the sith want us dead". "Kel i want you to fend of the republic while i finish the sith threat, but before you go send ordo, and raven". Yes Mandalore

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Mandalore. Ordo, and Raven said in union". "I need you two,to get as much equitment as you can get and follow me".Said Mandalore "yes Mandalore".said Ordo, and Raven

While Ordo and Raven went to go get equipment, a ship came crashing down onto the planets surface a couple miles from where Ordo and Raven were.

Meanwhile over by the crash site a lone wounded republic soldier came crawling out of the debre, he stood up, grabbed his rifle and looked around.

"Dang, the Captain is going to kill me."

He checked for any survivors, most of his fellow soldiers were killed in the impact, though he noticed some missing.

He looked on his data map.

"I am so not close to the landing site...and I need to find those missing men before the Mandalorians or somethings else kills them if they aren't already dead."

Ordo i want you to tell Kel to give the republic army a warriors death. i respect them, but the sith is another matteri wiil show them what would happen when they cross Mandalore.

Yes Mandalore

And hurry up the forces are breaching the inner wall so you must hurry.Meet me, and Raven at southeren coridoor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Raven i want you to scout out and tell me if the sith have breached the sith holocrons. if they have then destroy every holocron you see we can't let any body discover are secert of the sith, or of the jedi we possive

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah good Ordo come with me we must stop the sith. this is the last time they think they can befriend, or minpulate the Mandalorians.

((Like I said for the other thread, Sle63, you have to post a character sheet at the Backsatge Casting thread before posting here. As for everyone, don't post away yet. Wait for me, Phantom Knight, and Cyborg Ninja. Thanks.))

I just did!

((its ok, we all make mistakes!))

While the Mandalorians set up for battle, The Lone soldier found theMandalorian base but wasn't sure to attack or report the hidden entrance the republic forces could use in the battle.

"Hmmm, I don't know if I should report or attack them while they are unprepared..."

The soldier started to move in but was suddenly startled by the sound of two Mandalorians conversing towards him.

Archived