Home

Mandalorian Mayhem Mod

e-varmint

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah and thats illegal and we dont want to be accused of that what else can i help you with

I'm set for now! I'm off to finish Deadeye, then make an area for this. I have an axe design that will knock your socks off! Something that I put together before the M107, and sort of forgot about.

Screenshot coming soon:D

-

Well i could get some new mando armour skins and maybe include a new sword

Sounds great to me!

Here's one of the relic axes:

mayhemaxe.jpg

The shinie looks really good in-game.

Edit: wait how about somthing like this:

picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1246

I like that! I sure hope someone wants to make it!

-

Is that a hamster on your axe or are you happy to see me?

I'd recommend toning down the env map on your axe since it looks more like plastic/something macintosh makes than it does metal. Also the way the lighting is reflecting off of it at the points of the axe shows some odd polyflow -- you may want to correct that if you plan on keeping the plastic axe look.

Is that a hamster on your axe or are you happy to see me?

I'd recommend toning down the env map on your axe since it looks more like plastic/something macintosh makes than it does metal. Also the way the lighting is reflecting off of it at the points of the axe shows some odd polyflow -- you may want to correct that if you plan on keeping the plastic axe look.

Trust me, it looks plenty metallic in-game. It's hard to capture it with a screenshot.

The polyflow is an issue, though. I'll fool with it and see what I can do without adding too many new polies.

Edit: Maybe a little alpha-channel adjusting wouldn't' hurt. I could tone down the shinie a wee bit and still have gleaming blades-o-death.

-

Trust me, it looks plenty metallic in-game. It's hard to capture it with a screenshot.
The "metallic" effect doesn't look very realistic in and of itself, so trust me when I say you should tone it down. A little bit of environment map coupled with a good metallic texture makes a better, more realistic model.

The "metallic" effect doesn't look very realistic in and of itself, so trust me when I say you should tone it down. A little bit of environment map coupled with a good metallic texture makes a better, more realistic model.

I have to go back into my original AutoCad model to tone town the curved surface, so I will make the "edge" thinner on the second version. The metallic effect in this model is actually caused by the very large curved surface instead of the base texture. In the texture, the shiny areas are light grey with a mid-grey alpha channel. The edges of the blades behave the same way as the shiny parts of the class90xx armor.

mayhemaxe2.jpg

mayhemaxe1.jpg

It's different from most techniques, so I have a hard time explaining. Does it make any sense at all?

Edit:

Here is an alternate design. Still needs some texture work and smoothing. And shrinking.

mayhemaxe4.jpg

In this one, I made the edges of the blade much thinner in AutoCad. It still has shinie, but does not go to quite the extreme that the first one did. I still like the first one better, but most other people will probably prefer this one. I'll include both.

-

The ligtsaber is going pretty well, and im sure youll be shocked when you see it!!! Its sort of an ancient lightsaber (even though i REALLY have no idea about what they may have looked:xp: ). It has the hand protecting... ehh thing of a sword, no idea whats it called... pommel, maybe? And also will add a small metallic stick that generates the blade... oh crap i suck at describing things in english... well, youll see it when its ready, but im sure that its original.:lol:

And BTW, e-Varmint that axe looks cool as hell!!!! And nobody disagree with me, it is cold in hell, if ya dont trust me play Neverwinter Nights: Hordes Of The Underdark single player:p

The ligtsaber is going pretty well, and im sure youll be shocked when you see it!!! Its sort of an ancient lightsaber (even though i REALLY have no idea about what they may have looked:xp: ). It has the hand protecting... ehh thing of a sword, no idea whats it called... pommel, maybe? And also will add a small metallic stick that generates the blade... oh crap i suck at describing things in english... well, youll see it when its ready, but im sure that its original.:lol:

And BTW, e-Varmint that axe looks cool as hell!!!! And nobody disagree with me, it is cold in hell, if ya dont trust me play Neverwinter Nights: Hordes Of The Underdark single player:p

The lightsaber sounds cool! I understand your meaning perfectly.

Here's another axe:

ubershinie.jpg

This one has UberShinie! Legend has it that the ancient Mandalorians used these for weapons and holiday decorations! I'll shrink the head to about 80% of the size shown here.

Once I take the Taris background buildings out of this:

mandalorepark.jpg

we will have the humble beginnings of a module.

-

hey guys i think this should be more of a serious mod than a humor mod what do think? I think we should have a mandalore in this mod i am going to try to make some armor for him and if somone could make the helmet that would be great and e-varmint can you make a double bladed axe for him as his personal weapon i also have a couple other items in mind that i will get to work on

hey guys i think this should be more of a serious mod than a humor mod what do think? I think we should have a mandalore in this mod i am going to try to make some armor for him and if somone could make the helmet that would be great and e-varmint can you make a double bladed axe for him as his personal weapon i also have a couple other items in mind that i will get to work on

Serious works fine for me. Got any particular design in mind for the axe? (Not the Red one, obviously) I was thinking of something along the lines of this, except it would be metal and have larger blades:

waraxe060.jpg

I'll save the red-orb-o-death axe for a December mod.

-

As promised, preliminary Mandalore Axe designs:

http://www.e-varmint.net/mandoaxe.html

Edit: I could also put a skull on one, like the one in my avatar. The symbols are from the Mandalorian Alphabet font that I found earlier.

Next up, Mandalore's Big Honkin' Heavy Repeater, based on this:

mg42scrn.png

Then, the new module. It's going to be a busy weekend.............

-

Archived