Home

Suggestions????

Hey MI Fans, New member! I was just wondering, i have been havin withdrawel symptoms from Monkey Island since finishing it for the 15th time last month, i really love all the monkey island games, sam and max, indiana jones(classic version) are there any other games anybody can suggest that are like these that are any good? i love the pick up, talk to, push/pull, look at games. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated! Thanks! x

Ever played Full Throttle? that game is brilliant, though a bit off from the Monkey Island/Sam and Max feel.

I don't know where you'd be able to get it these days, but if you can snag a copy it's VERY much worth the price.

If you're looking for a newer game, give Psychonauts a go. It's was developed by an ex-LucasArts dream team, with Tim Schafer at the helm (co-designer of Monkey Island 1 & 2, designer of Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango). :)

It's a platformer, but it has all the excellent story/characters/world/etc that made LucasArts' games so good. It's very unlikely you won't enjoy it, so just go for it!

As stated before, Full Throttle, Psychonauts, also Grim Fandango, Beyond Good and Evil, The Longest Journey, Runaway: A Road Adventure... these are just off the top of my head really.

If you want really old school, I'd suggest looking at some of the old Seirra Classics.

Most of the really good adventure games have pretty much been named.

but the ones I really liked are, ofc monkey island, Indi and the fate of Atlantis, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Sam and Max (not just the old game but the new episodes too)

and some of the old King's Quest games are pretty fun too.

Besides all LucasArts Adventures I would recommend:

Kyrandia 1 - 3 (play these!)

Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2,

Inherit the earth,

Toonstruck (that one was very great indeed, it's a shame the sequel has been canceled!),

Discworld 1 & 2,

Chewy - Escape from F5,

Freddy Pharkas

Wow, thanks for all your suggestions, I've played simon the sorceror, must say that game is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worst game ever! but thanks i think i'll give grim fandango and phsyconauts a go. Isn't there a reference to grim fandango in Monkey island, i have a feelin its no.3?

When you say you hated Simon the Sorcerer, did you mean the original one or the third game, Simon The Sorcerer 3D... because the 3D one is possible the worst game I'd played, but the first, 2D one is very much like the original Monkey Island games.

And yes, Monkey Island 3 (Curse of Monkey Island) had a reference to grim Fandango, the dead guy in the chicken shop is the main character Manny Calavera, and he has a badge on his hat saying "Ask me about Grim Fandango" reminicent of the "Ask me about Loom" guy in the first Monkey Island game.

Archived