Home

Mandalore Becomes A Jedi

Ferc Kast

You're probably thinking: "ZOMG!! Could he mean what I think he means?" I'll answer you right now: "Yes." This WIP finally comes to light after only select people knowing that I had even thought to do this.

Description of this mod: You will get to train Mandalore in the ways of the Force via dialog. I can't say much concerning the dialog since I haven't gotten to planning it all out. But, I know the storyline which I won't give away at this time. I also plan to make a unique hilt for Mandalore. Though, I'm still working on the concept art of it at the moment.

Progress so far:

Scripting - 100%

Lightsaber hilt/Robe - 100%

Dialog - 41%

Testing - 90%

Total - 82.75%

Bugs:

Tweak - 1 (1 resolved)

Major - 1 (1 resolved)

Feature - 2 (2 resolved)

Resolved - 2 / 2

For the moment, this is all I have to show for progress:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
manda_sith.png

what a great idea, madalore as a jedi, um when he firsts joins you he's allignment is kinda Dark so will that have any effect in this? at any rate this i'll love to have on my work, best wishes on it....

Err... Depends on what you mean by 'effect'. :confused:

Anyways, I am now considering different designs for the hilt. While doing this, I am trying to stay as close to his personality as possible. So, hopefully I can update soon with his lightsaber finished.

Err... Depends on what you mean by 'effect'. :confused:

Anyways, I am now considering different designs for the hilt. While doing this, I am trying to stay as close to his personality as possible. So, hopefully I can update soon with his lightsaber finished.

well uh.... effect wan't the best word to use, i mean, seeing as he's darkside already would that make him a dark jedi? or would you set it out in a way that what you say to him affects his alignment/ (it depends on what side your on too0

well uh.... effect wan't the best word to use, i mean, seeing as he's darkside already would that make him a dark jedi? or would you set it out in a way that what you say to him affects his alignment/ (it depends on what side your on too0

Oh, now I understand. I was going to try to make it the same way as the other party members are when they're trained.

This sounds like it could be a fun mod to play Ferc. :)

The lightsaber is kinda plain though, maybe needs a little sprucing up. ;)

I kinda know that the hilt needs "sprucing up". That's why that is just the concept of the hilt. And, to my further distress, I cannot get the blade to stop floating. I am on the verge of abandoning the idea of making a custom hilt for Mandalore. So, that is all I have to report on at this time.

But, I am grateful for all the feedback.

Maybe this'll help:

Import your saber back into Max, and delink the hilt from the dummy.

Convert it to editable mesh (even if it already is) then hit reset Xforms a few times.

Relink it and export again.

You may even want to try the whole export process again with a different game model. ;)

The "Mysterious Stranger" strikes again. He sent me a completed lightsaber for Mandalore. So, after a little tweaking, all progress on the hilt is finished. Before I move on to the dialog itself, I'm going to finish scripting & to test the scripts. Should all work properly & perfectly, my overall progress will be at 62.5% complete. :^:

Until my next update, I leave you with the following screenshot:

Mandalore & his custom saber

The "Mysterious Stranger" strikes again. He sent me a completed lightsaber for Mandalore. So, after a little tweaking, all progress on the hilt is finished. Before I move on to the dialog itself, I'm going to finish scripting & to test the scripts. Should all work properly & perfectly, my overall progress will be at 62.5% complete. :^:

Until my next update, I leave you with the following screenshot:

Mandalore & his custom saber

Hey, how's the robe coming? I found some nifty textures if you could use them.

Edit: @ below, so's not to post again, it looks good! I guess I'll use the textures myself:D

Funny you should mention a robe... Well, not really. :xp: 'Cause I just finished one the other day.

Behold:

mand-robe.png

From the description:

Inspired by Revan's Jedi robe 5 years ago, Mandalore chose this simplistic design to show his rank as both Jedi & leader of the Mandalorians.

This robe protects its' user while enhancing their strength.

The robe skin looks pretty good, I like how you put his armor underneath. But he looks a bit too thin. (or too short) What robe model are you using? The Large one?

I'm using pmbis.mdl/.mdx; I tried the large variation earlier today, but his head sunk into the robe. (It was very amusing to see.) :animelol: So, I decided to stick w/ the short variation of it.

Good news: The scripting is almost done. Bad news: The script to give Mandalore his robe & saber doesn't work.

So, I'm going to look into that right now. And, I have finally started to make a rough draft of the dialog. So, things are now starting to move right along now. :^:

EDIT: Fixed script & all is working perfectly. So, scripting is 100% done now. :^: Huzzah!!

EDIT II: After recovering from a minor setback due to my USB "eating" most of the mod, progress has moved along. In fact, I've almost finished testing. But, the only remaining testing would be that of the dialog itself. Since that can't be done until I finish the dialog, I have no further testing to do just yet; Only dialog writing... :^:

Will you be splicing dialogue so Mandalore actually says the lines?

Aha; I knew this would be brought up. I just didn't know when or who would ask. :xp: Now, to finally answer it.

At this point, I don't know. It just depends on what Mandalore actually says during the dialog. With the dialog I've written so far, I could easily splice lines to make it work. So, I'm still playing by ear for splicing. If I can, I'm going to try to stay with lines that will let me splice the dialog. If not... Well, we'll see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

As a feature of this mod, you will now have a Darkside transition of Sith Eyes.

So, you can vote here for which you would like to see in the release of this mod.

Here are your 3 options to choose from (Click the thumbnail to see the options):

mandalore_compare2.jpg

Other than that, I really have nothing to report for this mod.

Archived