Home

Best Platform?

D_A

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question for those who have both 360/PS3 (as I do)...

I noticed that in the cut scene at the beginning of the demo that on the 360, around when Vader ignites his lightsaber, there is a hiccup. The audio and video pause and jump. On the PS3 this doesn't happen. Anyone else notice this? Makes me wonder if the PS3 might be better for this one.

I have a question for those who have both 360/PS3 (as I do)...

I noticed that in the cut scene at the beginning of the demo that on the 360, around when Vader ignites his lightsaber, there is a hiccup. The audio and video pause and jump. On the PS3 this doesn't happen. Anyone else notice this? Makes me wonder if the PS3 might be better for this one.

You're gonna base your entire purchase on one cinematic hiccup? Wow. Not to mention the fact that I haven't noticed it (I own a 360), we haven't even seen the other cinematic movies. Maybe your 360 is broken.

I did not notice that on the Xbox version of the demo. I don't really think that's anything to make your purchasing decision based on. Really it should be which controller you prefer and whether you care about having achievements or not, those are the only differences between the two.

I did not notice that on the Xbox version of the demo. I don't really think that's anything to make your purchasing decision based on. Really it should be which controller you prefer and whether you care about having achievements or not, those are the only differences between the two.

QFT. This thread is almost completely pointless, since the versions are exactly the same, except what Darth M. has said here.

LucasArts Senior PR Manager Adam Kahn has confirmed that the upcoming PlayStation 3 version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will not include trophy support.

Speaking with Talk PlayStation, Kahn stated, The Force Unleashed does not support the trophy system on PS3. I can’t speculate about what might happen in the future, though."

While this confirms that the game will not support trophies upon its release, there is still a possibility that a patch may be released to incorporate this feature at some point in the future.

Source, although that was basically all of the article.

I don't think I implied that my entire decision was based on this hiccup - but it makes me wonder (since other people have indeed experienced it) what the final product will be like. I like a smooth experience. I'm not an achievement whore - but I do like the 360 controller quite a bit more than the dual-shock. For this sort of thing I usually wait for the reviews - they usually mention the difference (if any) between platforms. Sometimes there is a performance difference or graphic difference (though the graphic differences tend to be smaller).

I don't think I implied that my entire decision was based on this hiccup - but it makes me wonder (since other people have indeed experienced it) what the final product will be like. I like a smooth experience. I'm not an achievement whore - but I do like the 360 controller quite a bit more than the dual-shock. For this sort of thing I usually wait for the reviews - they usually mention the difference (if any) between platforms. Sometimes there is a performance difference or graphic difference (though the graphic differences tend to be smaller).

They can always release patches to fix stuff. Your "smooth experience" should be based on how smooth the actual gameplay is, not one hiccup in a cutscene. You haven't even seen the other ones, so you don't know if they'll have the same problems. You should still base it off gameplay, I think.

Archived