Home

Laptop Power Problems...

Marius Fett

Argh, me again. :lol:

This time it's not about my mouse though. :p

My laptop refuses to charge..

I plug the charger into the socket, plug the charger into the laptop and nothing happens!

The blue "charging" light doesn't come on, the place where I plug the charger in doesn't light up, and the charging icon doesn't appear on screen..

Any idea what could be the problem?

Is the wall socket still good? Flip / trip any breakers recently?

EDIT:

Your charging cord may have a short in it as well.. do you roll it up when not i use, or do you fold it?

There are other things plugged in there too, and they all work..

I just leave the cord where it is when i'm not using it, plus I normally have the laptop plugged in when using it anyway.

Also, is the battery in all the way. And how old is it? Sometimes the batteries just stop holding a charge.

It's less than a year old.

not having much luck recently Marius! Is this laptop old?

Definitely give an alternate power supply a try. Then an alternate battery. Theyd be the cheapest to replace. Does your lappie work without a battery in it, just plugged into the wall?? If you'e tried all of the above and determined that its the internal circuit that is messed up, that is definitely the scenario you dont want !

mtfbwya

No, I just got it Christmas 2007.

I've tried several wall sockets now and it STILL won't work. :(

If its looking like the lappie socket itself is buggered, its lucky its still under warranty. I wouldnt mess with such a potentially disastrous problem... take it back and get it fixed/replaced :)

just take all your pron important stuff off first.

mtfbwya

Nope, all the sockets work normally. :p

I have to flip a wall switch for the top plug(s) to work (most apts./condos have something like this wired). Or houses too, if the electrician was feeling froggy

Never heard of anything like that before. :p

Strange..

I REALLY hope that I can get this fixed in the shop tomorrow...

Archived