Home

The last Jedi?!

DoubleDHZ

I just started playing KotOR2:TSL

Now what rfeally confuses me, is this female Jedi called Kreia and telling me I'm the last Jedi? WTF?

She neither has DS alignment nor does she act like a Sith. So why is she no jedi?

I even don't get any dialog options to ask her about this oddity.

I'm currently in hyperspace after leaving Peragus. Have I missed something? Will this matter clarify later in the game?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just started playing KotOR2:TSL

Now what rfeally confuses me, is this female Jedi called Kreia and telling me I'm the last Jedi? WTF?

She neither has DS alignment nor does she act like a Sith. So why is she no jedi?

I even don't get any dialog options to ask her about this oddity.

I'm currently in hyperspace after leaving Peragus. Have I missed something? Will this matter clarify later in the game?

The plot will revel itself to you as you finish the game. The plot will not be spoon feed to you. You will have to think for yourself.

I never got that 'last jedi' thing. It would have made sense if it was because Kreia was an exile... but so is the main character, so there's not really an explenation for it.

Maybe it's what the sith consider the last jedi... and since the sith KNOW Kreia, then they know she's not worth it... and they think the rest of them are dead. Including Atris, Kavar, Zez Kai Ell and Vrook. >_>

I think the emphasis is that the Exile is the last known Jedi.

[debatable point]Kreia doesn't have any attachment the Jedi Order, as she was exiled as Master Kae. Therefore there's no reason to associate "Kreia" with the Jedi and the Sith Lords know this.[/debatable point]

Kavar, Vrook, and Zez Kai Ell went into hiding. Atris was similarly off the radar, as those three though she died on Katarr.

Had the premise been "the last known Force user" we'd have inconsistencies, but as it stands, the story holds up.

[debatable point]Kreia doesn't have any attachment the Jedi Order, as she was exiled as Master Kae. Therefore there's no reason to associate "Kreia" with the Jedi and the Sith Lords know this.[/debatable point]

This guy from the title screen calls her "Master", before he cuts off Kreias hand.

For me that's evidence enough, that he knows she's a jedi.

Anyway, as long as this clears up, as Arátoeldar says, that'll suffice for the time being.

Still it's pretty odd. If this would be a pen & paper RPG, that would be the very first question I, respectively my char, would ask...

Yes, yes, but you don't see them harping on about the other 'Force Adepts'.

Okay, there you caught me. Just maybe they were looking for the Exile in particular because he probably was the most famed ex-Jedi around.

This guy from the title screen, calls her "Master" before, he cuts off Kreias hand.

For me that's evidence enough, that he knows she's a jedi.

Not wanting to spoil anything for you, but that's not true. Would he call her master when he's obviously not a Jedi?

Not wanting to spoil anything for you, but that's not true. Would he call her master when he's obviously not a Jedi?

Master does not just refer to a Jedi Master.

Okay, I was purely assuming, that he is a jedi/sith. Just because he's on the title screen and came with the harbinger along with the sith/force adept-assassins.

I probably have to play a bit further to gain bit more insight into the plot. As far I can tell it's pretty confusing at the beginning :p

You are called "The Last of the Jedi" because it is BELIEVED that all of the other Jedi have died either physically or mentally. There was only two fates left from the two wars they faced. Either you died in one of the two wars in combat or the events hit you so hard that you turned away from everything the Jedi stood for.

Still, Krea and the Sith Lords believe you to be the last one because they believe that you are the only one left that will do anything to stop them, such as a Jedi would.

The game is confusing at the beginning because the game was basically rushed to be finished. Instead of taking the time to make sure that the game was finished and bug free as possible, they were trying to rush to make a deadline that they ultimately wouldn't have been able to meet.

I'm not going to give away the game or anything, but the confusion is cleared up the first time you board the ebon hawk and have a good talk with Krea.

Hopefully with the new KOTOR game that they'll be making, they will make sure that they give themselves enough time to design the game in a way that's as bug free as possible, and making sure that the story line was better laid out. Most people like KOTOR1'S story line because you get into more details and you end up having more clearity about what's going on and the game itself.

Okay, I was purely assuming, that he is a jedi/sith. Just because he's on the title screen and came with the harbinger along with the sith/force adept-assassins.

Your thoughts aren't wrong, but if he's a Sith and call her a master, that most certainly doesn't configure a Jedi out of her.

Revan's off in the Unknown regions, and all the other Jedi are off hiding.

The Exile's the only one who is oblivious to most of what's going on, since he/she's been travelling so much, and could be a threat to the sith. Defeating that would mean the other Jedi were all in hiding and too afraid to do anything about it.

Clarification - I don't think any of the council are regarded as Jedi any more - (considering what Kreia says if you meet up with the LS at Dantooine - and their actions - (Kavar did little to stop the Civil War, Zez didn't do anything in the refugee sector and Vrook was being his usual charming self). Atris has already fallen - and many think she died, so she cannot be considered a Jedi. All the others were in hiding - so the Exile was the last Jedi, in terms of being known. I don't consider it a plot hole as such, myself :xp:

I'll never understand the concept that being a Jedi has nothing to do with your actual affiliation with the organization.

It is in action that one truly defines themselves and what they are - do they act out what they claim to be. I would argue, that most of the Jedi in TSL - do not act out what they claim to believe - (protecting the innocent etc), I hope that gives you some insight into my perspective :)

I think that the actions of the Jedi in hiding in TSL are understandable, though.

How can they help the innocent when those innocents would just as soon turn on them for a bounty?

What are we going to do next? Criticise Yoda for going into hiding instead of throwing himself on Palpatine's blade?

It's pretty much the same situation, after all.

Archived