Home

Force Crush in KotOR 1 - Is it possible??

MajinMikeyX

That would be awesome if someone could take the animations of force Crush from TSL and used them for KotOR. Is it even possible?

The reason I want this is because I have KotOR 1 for PC and Xbox, while I have TSL for only Xbox, and I just want a really good mod like that for KotOR 1.

Is it possible? To go from TSL to KOTOR?

Possible - Probably

Will anyone do it - Definitely no.

Porting is a violation of rules set down by LucasArts, and, by violating that rule, they can ban modding the KOTOR Series, maybe even modding any LF Game. Demand that the files on Filefront be taken down if the modder modifies a LA game. Thats how serious it can be.

Then why is it legal to port JO into JA? There are stickies in LF JA modding forum on HOW to do it.

Well, both of them were made by the same company. There was the Bioware/Obsidian switch between K1 and K2. Other than that...I have no idea.

That would be awesome if someone could take the animations of force Crush from TSL and used them for KotOR. Is it even possible?

I doubt it. The engines are probably too different to port animations. It would be easier just to remake them (but by "easier" I mean "legal" and "slightly less hard", rather than "much easier").

Then why is it legal to port JO into JA? There are stickies in LF JA modding forum on HOW to do it.

Because both are Quake 3 Engine games, made by the same company. There are no legal, let alone many technical implications in doing so.

Short answer to the question: It is neither possible nor legal, nor is discussion of such porting tolerated on this forum.

I'll keep the thread open since someone may be able to mock up a power using K1 resources... but further discussion of porting will cause this thread to be locked.

I also moved this to Modding Requests. If this is an error MajinMikeyX, and you want info to mod it yourself, then please let me know and I can move it back to Holowan. :) - Cz

Archived