Home

KotOR 1: What's a good build for a LS Consular?

Darth krunchy

I'm thinking of using a Scout for 5 levels before becoming a Consular. Is there a better starting class (or level) in your opinion? If so, what and why?

Also, any help with which feats to take would help a lot. I'm used to Guardians and want to try something a bit different for me.

Scoundrel.

Why? Sneak Attack. In conjunction with the Consular's force powers, such as stasis and stun, you can rack up large amounts of damage when attacking a disabled opponent. If you use a lightsaber crystal with a stun effect too, it'll happen more often.

It's a winning combination i've used on several playthroughs.

O.K. this should help. Check the sixth post.

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=360675&forum=26&sp=0

According to this, scout is also a good class to use with consular, though I admit I don't remember using the combination myself. If you are too lazy to check the link, let me lay it out, simply.

Scoundrel/Consular:

Pros: great damage bonus from sneak attack, strong force powers and lots of FP

Cons: Very low VP, not great at melee combat and the scoundrels skill points are wasted as the consular gets so few.

Scout Consular:

Pros: Gets better saving throws than the scoundrel/consular, also gets more fefats and VP.

Cons:Fewer skills but as a consular you won't get skills anyway so why bother? No sneak attack or scoundrel's luck.

If you go scoundrel/consular you need to be very careful about your feats as you get so few. Scout allows for more, so spend a little.

I would go with scout, but scoundrel can be very good as well. Just my opinion.

~HOP

Ive never gone the scoundrel/consular way because I always thought that was the harder difficulty and I tend to like to use weapons and skills more than force powers and deception. Thats why I usually pick that over the solider/guardian route unless I just want to have sheer power in a playthrough and not worry so much about the skill area. As for the question I always thought that consular was a natural progression from scoundrel so it just seems better to pick that one if you start with the other.

I've actually had an idea about this a while back but never tried it. In k1, start off as a solider, master swords, then use the swords as your primary weapons for the game. you'd have a master weapon that could hold its own against any dark Jedi you come across, while having the ability to kick ass w/ force powers.

Archived