Home

Achilles' Mira Makeover Mod

Achilles

Many moons ago, svösh posted a screenie showing some edits that he made to Mira's face. They were subtle changes, but I agreed with him that they made her much more attractive. Therefore, I decided to try my hand at making similar edits and this has been living in my override folder ever since.

A few moons before that, I released a mod that had something to do with "Mira" and "saddlebags" and was edited version of her body model which reduced the size of her ridiculous pouches. That mod was lost to the public when PCGM died, but it too has been sitting in my override along with some texture edits that I made to her outfit.

And if you're not bored to tears yet (no one ever said Achilles' Modding History 102 would be interesting), let me tell you about a mod I made where I created unique clothing and icons for each of the Party NPCs

This mod is a combination of these three previous mods, sanitized for public consumption, and package for maximum efficiency and effectiveness (no idea what I'm writing at this point).

The file has been posted at KotOR Files and should be available just as a soon as the staff can possibly make it so. The readme can be found there as well.

The screenies are also posted there, but I'll post them here as well.

..."old" is on the left and "new" is on the right.

Enjoy!

mirasmakeoverbodiesbt6.jpg

mirasmakeoverheadsqd9.jpg

Edit: forgot to mention in the readme that I also added a white spot to Mira's pupils to make her eyes appear slightly more realistic. Knew I was missing something from that list.

So, I guess she doesn't carry around much more than a credit card in the new pouches? :D

I really like the new shoulder pads. Much better looking (she's a bounty hunter, she doesn't need to tackle a quarterback).

I'm not so sure about the black and grey jacket and accessories though. I know that black is a cool looking colour, but it gets boring after awhile. It also makes any bright colour stand out too much (like her hair and cyan shirt). The dark green was subtle enough (not like the 60's sci-fi colours used in Kotor 1), yet colourful enough to make the accessories blend in a bit.

Oh well, its just my opinion.

Really nice job on the face; you didn't overdo it, and yet still improved it noticably (at least to my eyes). :thumbsup:

So, I guess she doesn't carry around much more than a credit card in the new pouches? :D
In some of them maybe.

The pouch on her right hip was especially out of control and needed to be reigned in. The female models have very wide hips as-is, and Mira's pouches exacerbated this to a degree I found painful.

...but to each their own :D

I really like the new shoulder pads. Much better looking (she's a bounty hunter, she doesn't need to tackle a quarterback).
Thank you.

I'm not so sure about the black and grey jacket and accessories though. I know that black is a cool looking colour, but it gets boring after awhile.
I agree with the first part. I tried monkeying around with other colors but nothing seemed to work. FWIW, all of the metal on her (pauldrons, rocket launcher, etc) was left untouched.

It also makes any bright colour stand out too much (like her hair and cyan shirt).
*shrugs* I respect that it seems this way to you. I disagree, but I also think it's a matter of taste. Considering that the jacket was a very dark green anyway, I have a hard time accepting that my change really made that much of a difference.

The dark green was subtle enough (not like the 60's sci-fi colours used in Kotor 1), yet colourful enough to make the accessories blend in a bit.
Unless the monochromatic thing bothers you. Then you might be happier with a subtle change to another color...like black :D

Oh well, its just my opinion.
I do appreciate the feedback. I enjoy your work very much! :)

Really nice job on the face; you didn't overdo it, and yet still improved it noticably (at least to my eyes). :thumbsup:
Thank you. However I would like to point out that I simply tried to mimic the changes that svösh made. I'm not sure I feel comfortable taking credit for his creativity :)

The pouch on her right hip was especially out of control and needed to be reigned in. The female models have very wide hips as-is, and Mira's pouches exacerbated this to a degree I found painful.

Oh, I agree with you. Those pouches really accentuated the hips, especially when she stood at rest (with all the weight shifted to the right leg) and the right hip juts out. These are much better. Say, I can't try it in game right now (TSL caused my iMac to have a kernel panic, need repairs) but do the smaller pouches clip with the wrist as badly as the old ones? It doesn't look like it clips too much from the screenshot, so that's always a good thing.

Thank you. However I would like to point out that I simply tried to mimic the changes that svösh made. I'm not sure I feel comfortable taking credit for his creativity :)

Well, I hadn't tried svösh's version, but if you don't want to take credit for the idea, at least accept credit for your fine workmanship :).

As for the colours, I know modders can't please all of the fans all of the time ;).

Oh, I agree with you. Those pouches really accentuated the hips, especially when she stood at rest (with all the weight shifted to the right leg) and the right hip juts out. These are much better. Say, I can't try it in game right now (TSL caused my iMac to have a kernel panic, need repairs) but do the smaller pouches clip with the wrist as badly as the old ones? It doesn't look like it clips too much from the screenshot, so that's always a good thing.
There isn't nearly as much clipping :D

Well, I hadn't tried svösh's version, but if you don't want to take credit for the idea, at least accept credit for your fine workmanship :).
He never released his. He just posted a screenshot of what could be done with Taina's Replacer and used Mira as a test subject.

But since you put it that way: Thank you! :)

As for the colours, I know modders can't please all of the fans all of the time ;).
Isn't this the truth?! :D

I have the added benefit of knowing that I was simply sharing something that I made for my tastes that others were more than welcome to use too, if they desired to do so. If Eefluxx hadn't asked about it in svösh's WIP thread, I probably never would have thought to publish it.

• 2 years later...

^ It is.

Hrumph.

I wonder if Achilles has yanked his mods from FF.... I saw him online yesterday, and actually almost tried to bother him with a question....

We will find out... I never knew about this mod, and I have most of the work Achilles has released. I am going to someday make a voodoo doll out of them and control Achilles remotely like a Manchurian Candidate :devsmoke:

^ It is.

Hrumph.

I wonder if Achilles has yanked his mods from FF.... I saw him online yesterday, and actually almost tried to bother him with a question....

We will find out... I never knew about this mod, and I have most of the work Achilles has released. I am going to someday make a voodoo doll out of them and control Achilles remotely like a Manchurian Candidate :devsmoke:

Achilles requested the removal of all his mods from KotOR Files which is why the link is dead, you should be able to download his mod from here; http://www.freewebs.com/achilles01/ or possibly hosting some at RPG Banana; http://www.gamebanana.com/

If you search teh intrawebz for Achilles' mods.....

His old site is still up, still hosting... or maybe it's his new old site. Either way, all of his mods are there... Glad to find it.

I would post a link, but then that is not really my place.

To get back on topic, I will try this out once I get back to TSL.... too busy with KotOR (again) :)

@Shaggoth: it was a joke... I think Achilles is immune to such things as Jedi mind tricks and chicanery like voodoo... And it is far too much responsibility for me to try and control a mind like that

@Achilles - thanks for continuing to host your mods. I enjoy them, and the resources you continue to provide are a wonderful benefit to the community.

Archived