Home

True Sith Ideas (Help Needed)

harIII

Actualy, I've made it into a short plot. Remember Dromund Kaas from Mysteries of the Sith? So, to show my idea of True Sith I'll use the planet.

So, temple on Dromund Kaas was built by True Sith, like Trayus Academy. In the catacombs there is a True Sith body, which must be destroyed to kill the True Sith. With all those animated corpses ("Beware of Ancient Protectors - they are unkind to visitors" - Kyle to Mara) and statues, it explains how they protected their hideouts and how they were able to animate\posses other people.

As we remember, at one point in Mysteries of the Sith Mara finds an isalamiri - so, in my idea it was brought there to cut True Sith off the Force to cut his mind from the possesed person. Then he was fought and killed in his own body, which means he's really dead.

True Sith are not great warriors and they are not many, so their plan is to posses Republic fleet commanders, the Chancellor and most important senators, taking control over the Galaxy without a war. This way they are "an idea, way of thinking", as Kreia describes them.

Remember in TSL when you're in Freedon Nadds tomb? Remember how there are 2 portions of just 'dark energy'? Wherein you walk and let the darkside consume you? I really like that idea. I think, however, that instead of places with dark power, that you would find ancient text, or holocrons depicting knowledge of the 'True Sith' whereby you could learn new forms or force powers (depending on your class, maybe?).

I'm a stickler for power...

In either event, I think that that's a likely thing. The true sith have to have teachings and knowledge somewhere that's lost to the galaxy. So who knows?

I really like where this mod is going, and will definately keep my eyes open! If you need any ideas or a beta tester I'll be glad to help. (Unfortunately my knowledge of modding has just begun, so I can't do to much...)

I hated the part where Ragnos possesd her I was like wtf is wrong with George Lucas letting this get released because you know everything goes through him before it is made to make sure nothing messes up the films. I wouldnt mind Revan going into a tomb simmilar to the one the Exile went into on Korriban... You would battle Ancient Sith spirits Spirits of the future Maybe a uncorrupted Sion and Nihilus. And in the end you battle Darth Revan his/her power should be completly equal to your I believe there is a way to do this.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had some impressions of the sith largely drawn from the Tales of the Old Republic Star Wars RPG expansion a long time ago, and various other bits and pieces here and there.

It seemed to me they were portrayed as an ancient and complex civilisation much like the ancient Egyptians, probably planetbound though aware of the Force. Sith alchemy for example was among their ancient disciplines both for the construction of advanced weaponry (ie. Sith blades) and the genetic manipulation of lifeforms (an inherent dark side trait). Basically they were somewhat trapped by a non-spacefaring technological level and would've evolved more philosophically (ie. morally, by necessity) had their continued technological evolution been natural.

However as it happened Dark Jedi fleeing the Republic came upon them. Using their advanced combat powers (Jedi Defence, lightsabres) and technology (hyperalloys, blaster, ion and repulsor technologies) they declared themselves monarchs and enslaved the species, however the Dark Jedi recognised at the same time these sith possessed some knowledge of the Force so ancient as to have been completely absent from Jedi studies. Force-lightning and similar life corrupting powers would be an example of this, raw dark side materiel.

Thus the first Sith Lords as referred to in Coruscant archives were in fact mundane Dark Jedi, the more inquisitive and ambitious of course picking up some of these trademark sith powers and adding them to their own. Other trademarks of the sith are of course secrets and manipulation, jealously guarding one's power whilst yet using it to influence galactic affairs. At any rate the title of sith rulers were literally Dark Lords of the Sith, pertaining to a Dark Jedi or other.

So then what we also have is of course the sith species, both before and after Jedi influence, whom turned their own powers of genetic manipulation against them to create the Massassi warrior-slave. In this case the priestly caste of Kissai were probably more reflective of the original sith species and may be doable for modelling, they're human sized after all.

Then we come to Kreia and her references to "True Sith," which I think refers to sith teachings rather than any body. She says as much and I think we can take it quite literally. It is not whether sith are a species, a civilisation or a corrupted society, but that to Kreia the meaning of the term relates to the Sith Ideal as retained by the most powerful Dark Lords like Freedon Nadd. At the time of the sith civil war this idea fled Korriban and relocated, whilst those who came after the greatest Dark Lords and many who called themselves sith were little more than ambitious Dark Jedi, or simply megalomanic and feuding force sensitives. Whilst they would certainly covet the secrets of the ancient sith, to add new powers to their own obviously their own self imolation blinds them to fully appreciating what those teachings mean. Freedon Nadd wasn't just trying to sate his personal desires although this was a necessary association of the Dark Side, but moreso he wanted revenge and intellectual satisfaction related to the galaxy at large. This is more than merely demanding homage, but to witness strangers growing up on some distant system actually revering him. It takes a lot of manipulation to achieve that if you're a meanie, a lot of planning, a lot of subtlety and a tremendous amount of patience, along with the brutality and genocidal tendencies needed to forge any kingdom by force of will rather than adoration.

You might look at it this way. The "true Sith" would want most of all to make more intelligent beings less intelligent so they could be then, more intelligent by comparison. It is the Dark Side thing to do. They would want to gain the power to redefine good and evil at their whimsy (like Palpatine did to Anakin's view). Calling good evil and evil good, themselves are of course always right. They want to manipulate others and all life upon such a level they can actually influence the midichlorines within a living creature...

Meanwhile the Jedi, so vastly oppositional discovered virtual immortality in Qui Gon's unshakable reverence of the "Living Force" and becoming one with this energy field, a distinct departure from Palpatine's description of achieving immortality.

This distinction between the two religions I believe is what Kreia was referring to as "true Sith" meaning Palpatine's style of outlook, the big Sith view where your Force Lightning saps Windu's experience if he can't deflect it, and is absorbed by you. Where the galaxy calls you master and lord. Where hordes of soldiers live and breath to perform your every command.

Others, like Darth Vader were more caught up in events and made bad choices due to a rotten personality, but are hardly on Palpatine's scale of long term destructive potential. Many KotOR era sith are simply Dark Jedi, effectively tools of more powerful sith like Freedon Nadd, Palpatine and their ilk.

Cheers, it was always a subject which fascinated me, though I was more into RPG'ing with my friends at the time than reading EU. I was thankful for the TotOR expansion and (Dark Horse?) comics it was based on.

All the way in Melbourne I never did find anywhere that sold those Tales of the Old Republic comics, I found one in a library once and almost stole it. Still would love to get my hands on the complete collection.

I do have some nice original concept art for the prequels and OT. Did you know the standard armament of the Stormtroopers was originally to be lightsabres?

Archived