Home

Dantooine Retextured

Quanon

Hey

I've been peeking into my override and found out I still haven't released this small retexturing job I did on Dantooine.

Its nothing MAJOR, just some swapping and recoloring, some of'em are made by scratch.

Anyway have a look at the screens:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Dan02.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan03.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan04.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan07.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan11.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan09.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan12.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan13.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan15.jpg

Show spoiler
Dan16.jpg

DOWNLOAD_LINK

To install just unzip and copy the whole bunch of files to the Override folder.

Its that simple ;)

Thanks for all the kind replies peeps :p

The grass looks a bit off I know :xp: , but it ain't real grass anymore, more like verns and shrub stuff :p

Anyway, I added 2 more screens in the first post. Their off the Sandral Estate, forgot that those got altered aswell. Enjoy !

Dantooine certainly looks lush now. I know that you're trying to make it look like ferns, but it looks to me more like leaves that need to be raked up. Maybe it's becase they are mostly the same size, whereas ferns & shrubs are many different heights when next to each other. It's still a fresh look at the country side, and I really like the look of the moss on the rocks. They look so peaceful that even an Echani could retire there (if only the Kath hounds would leave her alone :lol:)

héhéhé thanks Redrob.

Well the grass was a bit odd to make.

The layout is just a square of about 256x256 pix, then divided in four segments of 128x128

Each of these contains a patch of grass.

The main pain is that I have no controle on how the texture actually gets mapped on the 3D meshes.

Else I would have tried a more of a long strokes of verns and such.

méh I might have another go at it.

The main pain is that I have no controle on how the texture actually gets mapped on the 3D meshes.

Else I would have tried a more of a long strokes of verns and such.

méh I might have another go at it.

Yeah, I know the pain of having to make do with what's available :(. Well, if you do take another crack at it, I'm sure you'll do a fine job as always :).

• 4 months later...

OMG! Dantooine needs to hire a gardener! lol. it all looks fine with me, especially the moss covered boulders-nice touch. my only problem is the abundance of the plants and the bright colour- it looks like it needs toning down a couple of shades, and perhaps is a slightly smaller quantity. it looks like a weed overgrowth. other than that, its perfect.

Archived