Home

Eliminate force effects except for lightning

DarthJacen

Is there a way to eliminate the Force effects that the game has, except for Force lightning. The Force in the movies is heard, but not seen. Even sensing each other is a simple tilt of the head, as if the guy was daydreaming. Not even Force push had any special effects for it, except for getting thrown across the room, of course.

This is why non-Force users describe Vader as being able to kill someone without even touching them, or the simple tricks and nonsense line from Han Solo!

I think, this is possible. I, just, wanted to make the request if no one else did. I already have the Realistic Visual Effects mod, it doesn't eliminate everything.

Dang you both beat me... Anyways do you mean ALL force powers like the wavy thing from Insanity and the glowy 1 second effect that happens when you use Force Armor, etc if so Shems mod doesnt do that as I have used it. Can test it right now as I am waiting for me laptop to be repaired (Its vista and I finnaly got K1 and K2 to work on it pretty nice)

Dang you both beat me... Anyways do you mean ALL force powers like the wavy thing from Insanity and the glowy 1 second effect that happens when you use Force Armor, etc if so Shems mod doesnt do that as I have used it. Can test it right now as I am waiting for me laptop to be repaired (Its vista and I finnaly got K1 and K2 to work on it pretty nice)

Laptop? Vista? Woah, I've XP on my laptop and it won't play KOTOR2.

You could try Shem's Realistic Visual Effects mods for K1 and TSL. Might not do everything you want, but should kill most of the effects off.

I have that mod, it does some elimitations, but not all. Sorry guys, I'm looking for something closer to the movies version of what the Force "looks like". You can't actually see it in the films. You, just, see the results of it.

I actually like the blurry screen effect of knightspeed since the jedi do blur a bit in Ep.1 when they use it, they move so fast.

Like Shem though I can't stand the fiery effects of mundane feats like powerstrike and flurry.

I do understand some visual force effects in tsl are perceptual, like the forcewave. Little fireflies and heat-distortion effects on such a power is okay by me, along with a good sound effect but admitedly I'm with DJ on most of the force visuals.

I just downloaded Shem's mod (thanks for the heads up) so I'm going to look at what he did and have a play around with it.

K. it's a simple 2da file. Why not extract with Kotor Tool and disable visual effects to your own tastes? I just did.

I actually like the blurry screen effect of knightspeed since the jedi do blur a bit in Ep.1 when they use it, they move so fast.

Like Shem though I can't stand the fiery effects of mundane feats like powerstrike and flurry.

I do understand some visual force effects in tsl are perceptual, like the forcewave. Little fireflies and heat-distortion effects on such a power is okay by me, along with a good sound effect but admitedly I'm with DJ on most of the force visuals.

I just downloaded Shem's mod (thanks for the heads up) so I'm going to look at what he did and have a play around with it.

K. it's a simple 2da file. Why not extract with Kotor Tool and disable visual effects to your own tastes? I just did.

I think, the Episode I effect was probably due to fledgling computer animation that was, just blossoming. I remember, one of the animators being interviewed during the making of Episode II saying that what they did then seems like childsplay now. That was when I learned that the first digital Yoda to appear on screen was the scene where Obi-wan is Knighted and made Anakin's master. The establishing shot where Yoda is walking is actually a cg Yoda that was being screen tested.

And on the 2da file, I'll try that!

Okay, I looked in the 2da file labeled visual effects, and realized I need to know the names of the force powers and how to turn off the visual effects without ruining everything else, such as, the sound. Would anyone please instruct me on this?

No worries. Well first of all you can disable some visual effects by unselecting the frame buffer effects option in the graphics screen. This will also improve your fps, though it may affect some desired effects like holograms.

As for the 2da file, let's say you want to remove the power attack's glowing blade effect. Look up the line that says something like "power attack improved staff" and go to the line that says "v_pa_p_stf" and replace that with "****"

Now the sword doesn't glow when using improved power attack. Do the same for master power attack (v_pa_m_stf), the v stands for visual effect, the pa for power attack and the m for mastery, the staff for non-lightsabre melee weapons.

You can do the same for any visual effect. Just pick the line which most resembles the power (say, level 1 force scream) and disable the visual effect (v_frcscrm1) by replacing the entry with "****" and off you go.

So far I just cancelled the flurry, critical strike and power attack effects, which all worked in game. I don't see why any effect wouldn't work in the same way.

No worries. Well first of all you can disable some visual effects by unselecting the frame buffer effects option in the graphics screen. This will also improve your fps, though it may affect some desired effects like holograms.

As for the 2da file, let's say you want to remove the power attack's glowing blade effect. Look up the line that says something like "power attack improved staff" and go to the line that says "v_pa_p_stf" and replace that with "****"

Now the sword doesn't glow when using improved power attack. Do the same for master power attack (v_pa_m_stf), the v stands for visual effect, the pa for power attack and the m for mastery, the staff for non-lightsabre melee weapons.

You can do the same for any visual effect. Just pick the line which most resembles the power (say, level 1 force scream) and disable the visual effect (v_frcscrm1) by replacing the entry with "****" and off you go.

So far I just cancelled the flurry, critical strike and power attack effects, which all worked in game. I don't see why any effect wouldn't work in the same way.

Thank you for the help! I'll try that!

Archived