Home

Zombies Walk!

Jedi_Man

( Is it just me, or are Brutes the favorite super Zombie?)

Sam finally made it too the end of the hallway. Vlad was there already, unloading untold amounts of lead into the brutes on the outside. Sam looked at Attrianna, maybe he mini-gunn would be of some use, then he saw the little kids.

Screw the brutes, I've got to protect those kids, and it may help with my impression in Smith's eyes. I hope. Sam went over to the kids.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticing Sam break off, he watched as he went over and tried to help the children. Aiden was actually a little touched, and made his way over to see if he could help. The brutes had fallen slightly behind, and at the moment they had a good chance of making it to wherever they were going before the brutes got to them.

That is, of course, until they heard a gut-wrenching scream, unlike any zombie scream Aiden had heard before. A loud noise like that of a train screeching to a halt sounded, and in the distance the subway appeared to explode with debris.

Something was coming.

Sam was talking to the kids, then a screeching noise, like faulty brakes or nails going down a chalkboard, comes from the subway. Sam hefted one of the kids over his shoulder telling him that they needed to get out of here quickly. Sam ran for the Russian base, it was only a few blocks away.

Finally they arrived at the base, The russians apparently had heard the noise too.

" Here comes the lead rain" Sam said to himself.

( I thought we were leaving, but i could just be taking the kid to a safe place...)

(We're obviously going somewhere...:D We'll see where though....:D)

Vlad looked down the tunnel and shook his head angrily. The zombies were coming.

"Everyone, get to the main station!! It's near here somewhere!!"

He activated his radio,"Begin Operation: Final Dawn."

He sighed, knowing what that Operation meant. He kept running towards the main station.

(This might be the End of Atrianna. Not really sure yet.)

Atrianna was right behind Vlad as the tunnle echoed with the howls and screams of the undead.

"Vlad! Get the survivors someplace safe. Send someone to take the women and children back to the safehouse when your back aboveground. I'm going to try and buy you a bit of time."

Atrianna hefted her mini-gun and ran back down the tunnel toward the undead, stopping as she heard the scream of a jumper up ahead.

This is a better end then I could have possibly hoped for...If this is really the end for me. They're just going to keep chasing us and chasing us, and eventually, they'll catch up to Vlad and the survivors. This is for the best.

She smiled grimly as the footsteps grew closer and closer until the footsteps became shadowy shapes rapidly approching her.

"SUCK THIS!"

Atrianna unleashed a barrage of lead on the first wave of undead, and then launched a grenade into the center of another group that was approching.

They were still coming.

"Bring it on! If I'm going out, I'm taking you all with me!"

Vlad stopped for a moment, watching Attriana. She had a look in her eye that he had seen on many different soldiers. All of them became martyrs of a sort. One thing that all martyrs had in common. They all died.

He ran to Attriana, grabbing her shoulder. He then whacked her hard, temporarily blacking her out.

"This is no time for heroics. We are going to get ALL of the survivors out."

He then ran after the rest of the group, dragging Attriana as fast as he could.

Atrianna felt someone grab her shoulders and then felt something hard crack her across the back of her head.

Son of a-

(Flashback time!)

Three months ago.

"I don't understand Mom, why can't you stay here?"

"Because...the people in America need help right now. There's been some sort of Bio-attack and I have friends over there. I'm heading back over there to bring them to Japan where they'll be safe.

Damn corrupt politicans. First sign of trouble and they run like cowards. No wonder I left.

"But Mom, What am I going to do while you're gone?"

"Your going to be staying with Li and Leen. I've already asked them if you can stay with them and they've agreed to let you stay with them."

"But I want to go with you!"

"I'm sorry, but you can't. It's way too dangerous for you over there right now. The country is in a state of panic."

"I don't care!"

"I do!"

Atrianna knelt down on one knee and looked at her daughter. "While I'm gone, I want you to keep studying, I don't want you to have the life that I have, I want you to be succesful."

Shalya stared down at the ground as a car horn sounded outside. "That's Li and Leen, They're going to help you pack."

Atrianna knelt down and hugged her daughter. "I promise you, I'll be back soon."

Shayla sniffed once and watched as her mother walked out the door.

Present day.

No...I promised her I would come back. I am going to see my daughter again. If it takes the deaths of over fifty thousand of the undead, I will see her again.

Sam set the kid down, " Stay here, okay buddy?" Sam instructed the kid. He nodded wiping tears and dirt from his eyes. " Hey, uhhh, Russkys! I need you to keep an eye on the kid, He better not have a scratch when I come back!" Sam yelled just as Boris came out.

" Oh, Jahvol mein fuhrer, would you like fries with that?" Boris said in barely hidden contempt.

" Just keep an eye on the kid, okay!" Sam said as he ran back to the subway, joining the group in time to see Attrianna get K.O.d by Vlad.

Aiden grabbed one of the kids, and began running. He waited, there, for a moment. As Sam and some other survivors continued on, he noticed Atrianna. What was she doing? He stood, immobilized by...something...perhaps a touch of compassion, love, and stress all in one.

Then Vlad knocked her unconscious, and all Aiden could do was smile. As they found an exit to the safehouse, finally, survivors began rushing through.

"Big thing," the quiet kid in Aiden's arms pointed.

"What's that?" Aiden smiled and then looked.

The brute in the distance barely fit in the subway. This was going to really suck. So Aiden put the kid down. "Go!" The child did not look back.

Turning to the massive beast, charging more maniacally than any of its brothers, Aiden knew that no one would survive if this thing were kept alive.

Vlad was running, dragging Atrianna, when he noticed it. He and Vlad made eye contact. Aiden knew what he had to do.

"Ow...who hit me?"

Atrianna forced her eyes open and took a quick look around her surroundings.

Lets see here...Vlad's dragging me along the ground, I'll have to get back at him for that...The ground is shaking slightly which can't be a good thing...and...Holy crap!

Atrianna's eyes locked onto the massive brute that was chasing them. What the hell is that thing?!

Her hands quickly went down to the small grenade pouch that usually carried only to find herself down to three grenades.

You've gotta be kidding me! Alright...think...be calm...

"Shoot it in the head! Shoot that thing in the head until it goes down!"

Atrianna quickly reached down to where her mini-gun would be...only to find it missing.

Vlad...I am so going to beat you sensless after this! That was my favorite gun!

Sam ran back to the group, bringing the AKM up to his shoulder. He sighted in on the Large brutes head, firing senselessly at it. 30 rounds later, he reloaded, but the Brute wasn't going down.

"Wheres and RPG when you need it." Sam said exasperatedly.

Yuri looked at Sam.

"Wheres and RPG when you need it."

He smiled, "Right here, American, right here..."

He took out several metal pieces from his pack and began to assemble the weapon.

Vlad looked at the huge zombie charging forward. He sighed,"I'm sorry about having to knock you out Attriana, can't have anyone dying on us, can we?"

He ran faster, firing as he went.

"You still owe me for that mini-gun."

Atrianna then grabbed Vlad's hand and twisted it painfully backwards.

"Sorry Vlad, but if my plan has any chance of working, I'm gonna have to fight that thing up close.

She heard Vlad gasp in suprise and pain and then felt his grip on her slacken momentarily. "See ya soon!"

Atrianna ran toward the giant brute and grabbed her last three grenades.

Sure hope this works...otherwise I'm gonna be in trouble.

Atrianna pulled the pin on the last three grenades just as the brute opened it's mouth to let out a loud roar.

"Suck on This!"

Atrianna threw the grenades just the brute finished it's loud roar. One went off to the side and hit in the arm, but the last two were right on target.

Atrianna grinned as the last two grenades landed directly in the brute's mouth and it's eyes widended in suprise.

"Get down! This is gonna be messy!"

Vlad looked down in surprise at his broken wrist. He understood why Attriana did it, but why did she have to break it now? He shook his head, and watched in wonder as his hand immediatley healed.

The Serum.

He chuckled,"Heh, I love my job..."

He stood, just in time to see several zombies rush towards Attriana's position. He emptied lead into them before they could get any closer.

Suddenly, something tackled him from behind.

Atrianna grinned as the giant brute's head went "Boom," and then the smiled turned to a frown as she quickly had to dodge the remains of the giant brute even as it toppled to the ground.

Atrianna turned around to smile at Vlad only to see that she was surrounded by the bodies of the undead.

Huh, guess they were creeping up on me and someone took em out.

Atrianna then realized that something had tackled Vlad to the ground. What is that thing?

Alright...out of guns...out of grenades...still got my knife...yup. Knife'll work nicely.

Atrianna pulled out her combat knife and rushed at the thing that was currently locked in a battle to the death with Vlad.

"You don't get to kill him! If anyone's gonna kill him it's me!"

Smith held out his arm to restrain Atrianna.

"You don't want to use a combat knife against that... I have no idea what it is, but the thing looks like a damn maniac!"

He raised the pistol Atrianna had given him and fired three times, each time into the head of that... Thing.

"That, Atrianna, is how you kill something like that up close." Smith said before turning to Vlad.

"You okay? After all, I'd hate for you to die before our countries finally get this war thing moving."

Sam helped Vlad up, looking around for more undead... none.

" Phew, for once, I think we can rest a while, hehehe." Sam said, then an Explosion went off, in the general direction of the Russians base.

" Oh CRAP!" Sam yelled as he burst into a run, hoping that it was just a mine or something...

Vlad looked at Smith,"I hope there isn't a war, Lieutenant. Your country is in bad condition as it is, my forces would make it worse. Perhaps some other time..."

He smiled and took Sam's hand, standing without problem.

He looked down at the zombie that had attacked him. It was absolutley ugly, but most were, but there was something strange about this one. Vlad couldn't analyze now, though.

"We've got to keep moving, we must reach the Main Station in the center of the city."

Aiden felt that he had been overdramatizing the situation. Nothing they had seen so far Vlad hadn't been able to handle, and he felt reassured that the man would be able to accomplish his final mission. But there was still something wrong.

Aiden felt very tired. Very, very tired.

The sort of tired you feel where it is as if you have been kicked out of your house, driven halfway across the country, been picked up by a automobile full of foreign military officers, faught hundreds of undead, been taken over by an undead, revived, and run through a subway with a massive monster chasing you.

Of course, this is precisely the situation that Aiden had been in. So he felt that it was quite understandable when he collapsed onto the ground unconscious.

"Lieutenant? What are you on Major, last I checked I was a Lieutenant Colonel, not somebody fresh out of OCS!"

He'd started moving again when he noticed Aiden collapsed, presumably unconscious.

"Alright, who wants to carry him?" Smith asked. "Cause I sure as hell don't!"

He looked around, noticing that nobody was taking him up on the 'offer'. "Damn." He muttered before grabbing the younger man and lifted him up in an approximation of a fireman's carry.

"Alright, let's get going again." He gasped out.

((Ummm...I think there's been a misunderstanding, but we are still in the subway))

Vlad cocked his head to the right, raising an eyebrow to Smith.

"Sorry, Lieutenant-Colonel, but I have better things to handle then pay attention to an American's rank, even if it's higher than mine. There are bigger things, much like the fact that you are surrounded by heavily armed Russian Elite that may have an itchy-trigger finger for you. I'd be careful."

He kept on walking, shouting orderes in Russian. He looked back at Smith, Attriana, and Sam.

"Come! We must reach the Central Station soon!"

Sam returned to the Russians, it was just a stray Car, blowing up from nothing.

Odd, but explains it better than what I'd imagined.Sam thought. The Russians were heading back into the Subway.

" Come, we must reach the Central Station soon!" Vlad said. Sam checked his Desert Eagle. Still 7 rounds and an extra 5 mags. His Old Desert Eagle was somewhere or other.

" Hey, uhh, Vlad, you keep my Desert Eagle? Or is it lost somewhere?" Sam asked before following the crew into the Tunnel.

While most people would describe the hive as evil, which is no doubt evidenced by the many people it has killed, taken over, and the fact that it is trying to take over the world and enslave all of the humans on it, it could also be described as very extraordinary.

It may be a virus, but in conjunction with something as powerful as the human brain, inexplicable events happen.

"We are close now."

"Yes, we are. But do not forget your role in this."

"You promised me power, and I expect that you will follow through." The man grew apprehensive.

"Just do it." The man in the Russian uniform had a mischievous smile on his face. But the other had no choice.

He drank a large dosage of some strange green fluid, and his muscles began to enlarge slightly in size, while his reflexes and speed increased. Then he approached some zombies and made a gesture. They followed his lead.

"Do no disappoint me," the man in the uniform said.

"I won't. You know how this chemical works. I am stronger than the largest brute." He grinned.

With that he walked off, and he appeared to be going into a dark area. The zombies followed. In the distance all he saw was a sign.

It read, Central Station.

Then the dream faded. Some voice, as if from a distance, spoke to him then.

"The connection is almost lost."

Archived