Home

Zombies Walk!

Jedi_Man

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Perhaps we should just leave? The horde will kill itself off in due time anyway." Aiden walked over to Alexis and Sam's uncle.

"Alexis, can we use your car? Like, to get out of here? And we're not going to the safehouse. Not yet, at least. We have things to discuss first."

The car screeched as it broke out into a speed that it was probably not manufactured to be able to actually drive at. Looking out the rear windshield, the horde began attacking itself.

Figures.

Aiden then began hearing it again. He had barely noticed it before, but now he knew what it was.

The hive was talking to him. And Aiden suspected that Vlad knew why.

Maybe Vlad wasn't so trustworthy after all.

Noticing that they were heading towards the safehouse, Aiden spoke up.

"We're not going to the safehouse, remember? Let's just keep on moving."

Alexis and Sam said in unison, "Why?"

"I don't trust Vlad anymore."

Smith had jumped into the Ferrari that he'd taken from the NSA safe house he'd been using as Alexis Ian, Sam and Aiden took Ian's car. He didn't really do much in the time between arriving in time to help break up the fracas at Ian's home and then, just stand around looking important...

Interesting, there seems to be somewhat of a disagreement up there. He thought to himself as he saw Ian and Sam both question that Aiden guy... who, from what Smith had gathered, had been clinically dead several minutes ago.

He reached into his pocket with his off hand and grabbed his cell phone, thankfully the NSA contact he had was in his speed dial. Pressing it, he waited until it was picked up.

"Lieutenant Colonel Hannibal Smith." He identified himself, followed by a multitude of passwords and the like that would've swamped his brain if he hadn't gone through med school.

"What can I help you with, Colonel?" His contact asked, rather coolly too Smith noted.

"I need a cell-phone number. Lady by the name of Alexis Ian, same lady I'd asked for the address look up earlier."

"Colonel, we are not a dating service-" that was as far as the NSA guy got.

"Dammit, this is about National Security, hell, even the security of the human race! So give me the damn number!" He fairly yelled into the cell, while trying to keep up with Ian's car and not hit any signposts, which was harder than it probably looked.

"Christ, you are a tight-ass." The NSA guy muttered, before giving Smith the number.

After committing it to memory, Smith dialed it and pressed talk.

Come on, pick up.

((Terribly sorry about how late of a post this is... my homework situation has been deteriorating along with having to juggle 17 million other things, well, I'll try to post more often soon...))

Vlad and his men been running for awhile now.

He had redirected them two streets away from the safehouse.

As much as Vlad wanted to stay with the Americans, what he had to do, was not for their eyes. He'd have to do it with only his men...and the undead.

The group stopped for a quick breather, and Vlad immeadiatley broke out a notepad to jot down his observations of the hive mind.

Yuri walked over,"Comrade Major, why are we leaving our American friends? They may need us, not to mention they were essential to us as well."

Vlad frowned,"Comrade, we are now in a much deeper situation than believed. Marshal Konstantinov had not provided ample information on how much the virus had progressed. I should never have created...I should never had showed it to our high command. That is why we must do this alone, no witnesses other than the soldiers with me. Why? Because, this mission, I think we were never meant to come back from."

The utter-frankness of Vlad caught Yuri, usually enthusiastic, off gaurd.

"Comrade, what do you mean?"

Vlad shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Yuri, but I cannot tell you that either."

Yuri nodded sadly, the second-in-command didn't like not being trusted, or kept in the dark. Vlad didn't like to keep the men under his command in this way, either.

Yuri walked slowly towards the rest of the group, who had began setting up positions near a park.

"Yes, Comrade Major."

Vlad sighed and looked back at his notepad. He sat away, in his own place, away from the main group. Vlad had not noticed this, but he was right now in great danger due to not sticking with his unit, even if he was only a 100 meters away.

Vlad heard a twig break, and he twitched his head back up from the notes, seeing a lone zombie, standing amongst some tall grass nearby.

What happened next caught him off guard.

"Hello...."

The zombie had spoken.

"....Major Vladimir Rosokosovski. Yes. We know who you are."

And Vlad froze in fear.

As they sped across the highway, they could catch a glimpse of the area where the safehouse was. There also appeared to be some soldiers there.

He doesn't need us anymore, anyway.

Before Aiden could continue speaking, however, a cell phone rang. Apparently, it was Alexis'. As she answered it, Aiden suddenly collapsed.

"Hello?" was all he heard.

<Hello, Aiden Valko. It is time.>

Aiden's eyes were forced open and he slammed into the door of the car, utterly destroying the window. He did so once more and the door was free. He landed on the road, bleeding from the impact, and kept on moving down the hill in a very controlled run that accelerated as he went.

The car behind him sped on, and then slowed down. But by that time Aiden had progressed far enough that they couldn't catch up.

He was going....somewhere....

And obviously Sam and Alexis weren't supposed to be able to stop him. Vaguely, he noticed that he was heading in the direction of the safehouse. It would take a while before he got there, however.

To do...something....

Smith noticed the door of Ian's car burst off and that one guy... Aiden, he thought his name was, throw himself out of the car. "Holy." He muttered to himself. He drew out his .45 and, after moving the action once to make sure it was full, applied his brakes fully along with the emergency brake and executed much the same move as Aiden had, only, this time, opening his door.

He could just barely make out a man's outline, he supposed it was Aiden's and he appeared to be rather... determined to do something, though as to what Smith had no idea.

"Aiden?" He called, trying to see if this was him.

Aiden heard a voice. It sounded like Smith. He could think pretty well, but the blood loss was getting to him...

Not to mention that he was scared out of his wits. Apparently, the hive wasn't keeping any secrets from him. It didn't care anymore. Aiden had a feeling that this might be nearing the end.

A loud crack sounded, and the ground burst in front of him. But he couldn't turn to see what is was.

Although he guessed that he already knew. His mouth opened strangely and tried to move, tried to sound out words.

It was almost as if the hive was discovering speech. And suddenly, Aiden could talk. The hive was very smart.

"You will all die."

And with that, he raced on down into the buildings, Smith likely following.

It was a race, but for what, he didn't know.

"You will all die."

Smith didn't remember depressing the trigger, but the results were obvious to see, the ground in front of Aiden had burst in front of him, but, that didn't mean anything, it just appeared to anger him.

The damn traitor!

With that thought, Smith charged after Aiden, ready to fill him full of lead at their next meeting... The fact that Aiden would've been a traitor to the Zombies of all things, however, didn't really register with him though...

Suddenly, Aiden stopped, nearly falling, except the hive had calculated his balance. He was frozen there, amonst the houses, and he heard Smith coming after him. Then he started running again, and then stopped again.

Finally, after what seemed to be the hive's way of making up its mind (no pun intended), Aiden turned and made a clean punch toward Smith's face. However, Smith managed to deflect the blow just in time.

The move cost him. Aiden was given a few seconds to turn and survey the area. Finally, he started running to a rooftop near the hill, and dropped into the street.

The hive had given him a slight lead over Smith, but maybe not for long. It seemed that, at the moment, it was important to run, but not so important to not have to delay Smith.

Maybe he can stop me before I become a serious threat to whoever's at my final destination.

Sam followed Aiden in the car, sticking to the streets, And Alexis pulled out her cell, " Dang, I missed a call!" She exclaimed. Sam ignored her, Aiden was on another Hive-controlled running spree. In the back, his uncle was muttering about the troubles of his life. Like we all don't have 'em Sam thought. Sam loaded his M8 with one hand, while the other hand steered into the straggling ghouls littering the road.

Vlad got a hold of himself and pulled out his pistol, aiming at the zombie's forehead.

But he didn't pull the trigger, he needed information.

"How do you know, scum?"

The zombie's face remained dead pan, as if it wasn't in control, and it wasn't.

It spoke,"We remember you. You created us. And you tried to stop us. And you didn't. You killed the first of us, and nuked the rest of us, but still, the mind survives. And now we are here. To stop you."

Vlad winced, the hive mind remembered him from all those years back in Russia and Chernobyl. And Vlad finally understood how the hive mind worked, and an idea came to his mind.

Vlad sighed,"I don't care."

And he pulled the trigger, the bullet leaving the chamber and flying through the zombie's head, which exploded as it fell down.

Vlad leaped back towards his men, he needed to somehow regroup and rearm, and enact his new plan. Then he remembered his American friends, and he knew now that they were now in the worst type of danger possible.

<Foolish humans!>

So they were talking to him again. Suddenly, he ran faster and faster, getting much closer to the safehouse.

<Kill him! Kill him!>

<The humans must die!>

To his right, a car was careening down the road. And in it was Sam and Alexis Ian.

Aiden's body simply leaped up onto the windshield, ran up the roof, leaped onto the roof of a house, and started running again.

He sighted Vlad in the distance, scrambling and nervous.

Oh my...Vlad...I wish I could warn you...

<Aiden, honey...>

<Shut up, weakling!>

Aiden shot forward, at that moment, bolting towards Vlad. Aiden recalled the memory of the incident back at the headquarters where Vlad had kept some of the serum. He had been running to kill Vlad then, too, but he never did.

Only this time, it was likely neither of them would survive.

I really hope there is a way out of this for both of us, Vlad.

And Aiden leaped.

Vlad turned quickly to Aiden who had come out of nowhere. But Vlad knew that it wasn't Aiden who was coming, it was the hive mind.

He sidestepped the leap, letting Aiden hit the ground. He then pulled Aiden's arm into a lock, pinning it on Aiden's back. He then grabbed the other arm and pulled out a zip tie, putting it to good use by tying it around Aiden's convulsing hands.

He then put his knee on Aiden's head, forcing him down on the cement, at the same time withdrawing three syringes of anti-serum. He plunged all three into the small of Aiden's back, hopefully more than enough to subdue whatever had control of Aiden.

He then withdrew his pistol as well, and knocked it across the back of Aiden's head, knocking him out effectively.

He finished this in approximately two minutes, any slower, he might not have made it.

Suddenly, Yuri and Boris came over, seeing Vlad's problem, and they assisted in trying to secure Aiden.

When Smith noticed that Aiden was running towards Vlad he quickly slowed down, trying to stay out of the Russians' sight. He'd quickly hidden his pistol, hoping that the gunmetal wouldn't reflect a light that would give him away.

He saw Vlad knock Aiden out and Yuri and Boris move to secure him, then Vlad drew something out of a pocket or somewhere... maybe this was the so-called Anti-Serum.

Hearing Vlad mutter something about the hivemind of the zombies put Smith's mind into overdrive, trying to figure out how Aiden might've been exposed... but to no avail.

Slinking back into the shadows provided by a tree, Smith crouched down to wait.

Crack

He turned his head down to look at whatever had cracked, thankfully it hadn't been loud... maybe not even loud enough for Vlad and the Russians to hear...

But, looking down at the ground, he saw the dead body of a Zombie. A bullet had apparently gone through its head and killed it... a rather large caliber bullet at that. Well, he decided, could be worse.

Sometimes I would really like to just die.

His vision blurring, and the voices of the hive fading, Aiden hoped that maybe he would finally get some rest.

Whack

Aiden felt pain.

Crack

He heard shouting, and then he was out cold.

Dreaming

"...and then you will simply use the serum...welcome, Valko, we weren't expecting you."

Aiden walked into the familiar room...but it wasn't familiar...where was he...

"What were you discussing?" Aiden felt like he should know, it sounded pretty important.

"Why, we weren't discussing anything."

"Yes, you were, I heard you." Or did he hear? He couldn't remember...where was he...

"Please sit down, Valko."

"Tell me what you wre discussing. Now."

"This is out of line, Aiden."

Wait, now he remembered. The serum...

"What is the serum?"

And then it become clearer. Except something was wrong...they hadn't been discussing that when Aiden had walked in the first time...

"He is very strong-willed, isn't he?"

"Yes, he is."

No, something was wrong. This wasn't how it really happened.

"Aiden Valko, would you like to know what's going on?"

"Yes, please."

"Well, you see, right now you are incapacitated, and Vlad seems to think--"

"Wait, I'm standing right here. And who is Vlad?"

"--that his antidote can cure you. Except he didn't realize how powerful we had become. The hive is growing stronger all the time! When we become powerful enough, we shall band together the strongest pawns, and make the humans our slaves! We can think and grow, but we do not have the shortcomings of humans. Because we can think as one. Even if there are those who...resist." He grimly smiled, staring at Aiden with an cold glare.

And then his mother walked into the room.

"Aiden!"

"Now, you see, you have no choice but to serve us. Unless you'd like to see your mother erased from the collective?"

No, not my mother!

"Ah, he is afraid. Good. Now, Aiden please sit down."

And so he sat. But where was he...

(I would have expected you to be with Vlad. I was wondering that too. I think the reference to it not being for the American's eyes threw you.)

EDIT: You are with Vlad, there was a horde, and one of their members came up to him. Vlad shot him, I showed up, and now you guys have a lovely battle to do.

((You are somewhere...))

Vlad, Yuri, and Boris, lifted Aiden back towards their small base camp where they placed him on a nearby table.

Vlad took out another vial of his serum and began analyzing it, wondering what it was missing in order to prolong normality in a person, and completely destroy the zombie virus.

It could take awhile at this rate.

"I'm not quite sure what we'll need, but for right now, we need to observe Aiden and see the after-effects of several heavy doses of the serum, could be nice or ugly. Hopefully nice."

Yuri nodded in agreement, but something dawned,"Comrade Major, if we were trying to cure the effect of zombie blood, wouldn't we need Zombie blood to create a vaccination? Much like having normal vaccinations?"

A lightbulb went off in his head, and he knew.

He pointed at Yuri,"Remind me to promote you when we're back in Moscow, you've just provided the last piece of my self-created puzzle."

Normal vaccinations often contained a small bit of the disease it was trying to cure, so that way the body could adapt it's immune system to counterract whatever the sickness was. It would be perfect in this situation. But it also provided another problem.

"Now how are we going to get a zombie to donate blood??"

Vlad sat down, completely confused.

"Aiden, agree to serve us, and we will spare you in the end."

He thought about it. But he couldn't remember very much, it was all so confusing. Maybe he should just...wait...no, serve them?

"I don't think I should."

"Oh, come now, Aiden, it's too late anyway. The virus has already mutated and is changing your brain as we speak. Soon we will be able to master the genetic code, and nothing will be able to stop us."

"Vlad will."

"No, Aiden. It's beyond his control now. As we speak, the one he seems to have fallen in love with is preparing to capture one of our own. We plan on not letting her live."

"But..."

"Aiden, you could have so much power. Have you ever wanted to rule?"

"Well...yes." Was that the right response?

"We could make you a king, an emperor. All the resources of Earth would be yours. And you would get to see your family again, of course."

It sounded so convincing. Say yes, say yes.

"All you have to do is kill the Russians."

An alarm went off in Aiden's head. No...he couldn't...could he?

One of the men made a move towards his mother.

"No..."

"Aiden, let's be reasonable here. Or else I will be forced to take drastic measures."

"I..." And it all became clear.

"Screw you."

Aiden smacked the man holding his mother, took out the guard standing by the desk, and grabbed the evil man's collar.

"You're gonna have to do better than that."

And everything went black.

Smith heard Vlad mention something about the vaccine needing Zombie DNA for it to be more effective or some such... he then looked down at the Zombie's who's wrist he'd broken...

An idea came to him, almost in the form of a lightbulb going off.

Grunting with the effort, he grabbed under the armpits of the Zombie and started pulling him into the light. Once he was sure that he would be seen and heard if he so cared Smith opened his mouth. "What's this I hear about needing some Zombie blood?"

Vlad looked to the American officer.

"DA!! That is perfect! Bring it here, and I will withdraw the proper amount of blood needed."

Yuri and Boris moved to secure Aiden, so that if he went back onto the other side, he wouldn't take anyone with him.

Vlad put on some white rubber gloves and took the bleeding arm from Smith's hands.

He put a syringe in it and withdrew an entire vial's worth of blood, he then transferred that blood into the cure's syringe.

The cure changed color rapidly, and finally it was mixed.

Vlad smiled and pressed the syring into Aiden's arm.

Archived