Home

[K1] Sith Master Uthar waits until you complete all of your quests!

DarthJacen

Would it be possible to make it so that Master Uthar doesn't deem you worthy until you complete all of your assigned quests. I hate having active quests left after he nominates me to become his new apprentice. I want him to hold back his judgement until I've received credit for all of the missions I completed.

Most of you know them, but here are some examples.

The tortured Mandalorian for the cache of weapons, Betraying Master Yuthura, Betraying Lashowe, The Insane droid, the lost apprentices, Ajunta Pall's sword, etc.

Now this is something i've wanted for a while.

I've personally avoided the problem by speaking with Uthar before activating the quests one by one.

That's a bit tedious going back and forth between Master Uthar and the Sith Ruins. I like to be as efficient as possible and do as much as I can while I'm in the area.

Not much choice in the matter if you want to avoid having the extra quests you can't get rid of.

That always annoyed me before i set up the rutine i mentioned.

Having this mod would make me very happy.

Hmm, perhaps a script could be added to Uthars dialog to do this?

There must be a script there that decides when he takes you to the final test, maybe instead of a adding a script that one could be altered?

Unfortunately i can't script, at all.

In a sense you're correct Christos K.

Scripting is literally computer programming that tells the computer what to do and that's what would be involved in getting this mod working.

I am no scripting expert but you would have to have somebody to make a script that says all of the conditions for the outcome of the missions that Uthar gives are met in a single script in order to fire the branch of dialog that takes you to the final test.

Spoken simply, the scripts would have to know that the renegade Sith are dead, you have Ajunta's Sword, you've met with Uthar's Master in the Tomb... And then place the new script in the dialog branch that takes you to the final test.

I'll probably be taking care of this in my mod, but I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait.

In the meantime, you can try this:

int StartingConditional() {
int int1 = (GetGlobalNumber("KOR_SITH_PRESTIGE") > 6);  //default is 4
return int1;
}

Save it as k_pkor_prestige5.nss and compile it (KT works just fine). With this script in your Override, you will need 7 prestige to satisfy Uthar (you need 5 in vanilla). This doesn't mean that you will have to do everything that nets prestige. I don't think doing that is a good idea since some people prefer not to give Ajunta Pall's Sword to Uthar or betray Yuthura and Kel.

I'll probably be taking care of this in my mod, but I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait.

return int1;
}

Save it as k_pkor_prestige5.nss and compile it (KT works just fine). With this script in your Override, you will need 7 prestige to satisfy Uthar (you need 5 in vanilla). This doesn't mean that you will have to do everything that nets prestige. I don't think doing that is a good idea since some people prefer not to give Ajunta Pall's Sword to Uthar or betray Yuthura and Kel.

But, what about the quests you don't complete will they remain open in your journal and will you still get the experience points for them?

No, this simply increases the amount of quests needed to impress Uthar. I never actually had the problem with quests not completing. Some of them are automatically set to completed before you speak to Uthar (Insane droid, Renegade Sith and Ajunta Pall's sword to name a few) if you find light side solutions to them.

If it really bothers you that much, you could use K-GFF to edit Kotor's global.jrl (journal file) file and edit the necessary fields. As far as I know, all you have to do is set the "End" node for the quest entry of your choice to 1. To view quest entries, instruct K-GFF to look into Kotor's dialog.tlk. It's really quite simple.

No, this simply increases the amount of quests needed to impress Uthar. I never actually had the problem with quests not completing. Some of them are automatically set to completed before you speak to Uthar (Insane droid, Renegade Sith and Ajunta Pall's sword to name a few) if you find light side solutions to them.

If it really bothers you that much, you could use K-GFF to edit Kotor's global.jrl (journal file) file and edit the necessary fields. As far as I know, all you have to do is set the "End" node for the quest entry of your choice to 1. To view quest entries, instruct K-GFF to look into Kotor's dialog.tlk. It's really quite simple.

Hmm, interesting! Okay!

return int1;
}

I'm afraid I have to quote myself since there's something I have to add. It appears that you actually need two scripts not to screw things up. The contents are the same as in the script code above; the only thing that's different is the name. Just save it under the name of k35_uth_presfini.nss.

That should be all.

I'm afraid I have to quote myself since there's something I have to add. It appears that you actually need two scripts not to screw things up. The contents are the same as in the script code above; the only thing that's different is the name. Just save it under the name of k35_uth_presfini.nss.

That should be all.

Cool! Thank you!

Would you please write those files, and e-mail them to me? I am unable to find the right files to edit using my Kotor Tool.

Archived