Home

Enhanced Graphics 2009 IBL Final Released

Xarwarz

Best Looking Planets-Ship [VOTE MORE THAN ONCE]  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Best Looking Planets-Ship [VOTE MORE THAN ONCE]

What are the PLCs for?

You know control panels containers stuff thats in every lvl

Could you upload the files to rapidshare?

No i dont like rapidshare to slow

Here are some screenshots of the Ebon Hawk, and Dantooine where I first encountered the problem.

That is bizarre first check and see if you have any duplicates in folder. if not then its a graphics drivers issue. i upgraded my nvidia card drivers to 182 the other day and kotor and tsl stopped working, so i had to downgrade back to my 178 drivers. So this may be your problem the games support is dying you may have to use earlier drivers.

Along with my votes for Korriban, Dxun, Dantooine and Peragus, I vote for Telos. My personal favourite is Korriban, I think it's an absolutely top-notch make-over. Right behind in my ranking is Dxun and Dantooine. Peragus and Telos look alot different than in originally, but I think their looks are cohesive, innovative and very well put together.

Wow korriban is the clear winner here

Thanks for the votes i managed to do a few planets excellently, thanks for noticing how well the textures fit together thats one point i was going for..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is bizarre first check and see if you have any duplicates in folder. if not then its a graphics drivers issue. i upgraded my nvidia card drivers to 182 the other day and kotor and tsl stopped working, so i had to downgrade back to my 178 drivers. So this may be your problem the games support is dying you may have to use earlier drivers.

I'm inclined to believe it's a graphic driver issue. It began since ATI's 9.1 driver came out.

If anyone is playing the game with this mod and up to date ATI drivers, let us know what you're experiencing :)

About the Ebon Hawk Retex:

KOR-Ehok and PER_EH1 and MAL_EBO_Main2

seem to be plain wall texture tiles (reminding a little of Tron). By this, in every module, as well when you look outwise a window on the Ebon Hawk, the ship looks downright silly. You MUST notice this all over the place, on Peragus, Nar Shadaa, at Atris' academy. If you really need a screen, I'll post one.

For the transparencies: It is just the Hutts and the the Spacesuit-Placeable. by the way, I am indeed using an ATI card, which explains the issues.

About the Ebon Hawk Retex:

KOR-Ehok and PER_EH1 and MAL_EBO_Main2

seem to be plain wall texture tiles (reminding a little of Tron). By this, in every module, as well when you look outwise a window on the Ebon Hawk, the ship looks downright silly. You MUST notice this all over the place, on Peragus, Nar Shadaa, at Atris' academy. If you really need a screen, I'll post one.

For the transparencies: It is just the Hutts and the the Spacesuit-Placeable. by the way, I am indeed using an ATI card, which explains the issues.

Yes a screen would be helpful there seems to be some ati card issues brewing

Here are some screenshots of the Ebon Hawk, and Dantooine where I first encountered the problem.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
K2_00000.jpg

K2_00001.jpg

K2_00002.jpg

HOLY ****TTT!!!! Xarwarz, that would look pretty good for Garqi dont you think? hmmmmm

now that i have seen all the work in the game of this mod it has come to me in my opinion

(note that these are my review of the retextures so i mean no offence) : the ebon hawks exterior skin was horrible, telos i didnt like cos there was so much different colors i like it the way it was simple :) other than that nar shaddaa, dxun, onderon, dantooine and korriban were were nice especially onderon cos it gave the real comic book aspect :) 3.5/5

Thanks for the hook up

now that i have seen all the work in the game of this mod it has come to me in my opinion

(note that these are my review of the retextures so i mean no offence) : the ebon hawks exterior skin was horrible, telos i didnt like cos there was so much different colors i like it the way it was simple :) other than that nar shaddaa, dxun, onderon, dantooine and korriban were were nice especially onderon cos it gave the real comic book aspect :) 3.5/5

Thanks for your vote and trying the mod out at least you liked six planets

yeah i think to.. maeby i can make a video of my game whit this mod so the mod maker can see what are the flaws.. :D i mean it is good but i can show you what i dont like and maeby you can have new ideas or updates to make..

yeah i think to.. maeby i can make a video of my game whit this mod so the mod maker can see what are the flaws.. :D i mean it is good but i can show you what i dont like and maeby you can have new ideas or updates to make..

good idea i'll check it out

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, where to start....

Well, first off - the fact you're putting so much work into this game is awesome. It really breathes lifes into this great game with not-so-great graphics, so you hit the spot with your mod :) I really appreciate your work.

I still haven't downloaded the newest version, but I've been playing with your older work for some time and from what I've seen fom the screens, you left some stuff I don't like. Be prepared that my information may be outdated, as I only recently started to download the final version, so I am pretty much basing my opinion on the previous verion and what I see on the screens.

Firstly - the mirrors\windows on Peragus. I think that they are suppose to be transparent, it's kinda weird if you can't see what's on the other side of the window (as it's sole purpose is to allow you to do it :D ). I think leaving the old texture would work. Other than that the planet reskin is solid (though I'll have to check out how you've reskinned the rock parts, those very pretty shabby in the previous version).

Second - the Ebon Hawk. I think you shouldn't touch it, other than adding some shaders and higher-res texture. The changes to the ship shouldn't be much bigger than in this mod http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Black_Ebon_Hawk;89210 . The Ebon Hawk is pretty good as it is and screwing with it most often result in catastrophe ("if it ain't broke, why fix it?")

Last - Telos. Although I could go with the colorful Citadel Station, I think it should be gray and depressing. Remember that there are few luxuries on the CS and it is probably made of the cheapest possible materials. I still need to see it with my own eyes, but the screen got me worried. Also, if you haven't changed the Atris' Academy, I'd rework it as well. You should stick to the original idea and try to think how *really* the place would look like - no bubbles\squares whatsoever. This applies to other areas as well - don't be affraid of simple textures and don't add some weird patters to mix things up, remeber that in real life building are often very monotonous.

These are my observations so far, though I suppose I won't be finding more issues, I really liked most of the mod. I'll post once I'll play with it.

And once again, thanks for your effort.

Alright, where to start....

Well, first off - the fact you're putting so much work into this game is awesome. It really breathes lifes into this great game with not-so-great graphics, so you hit the spot with your mod :) I really appreciate your work.

I still haven't downloaded the newest version, but I've been playing with your older work for some time and from what I've seen fom the screens, you left some stuff I don't like. Be prepared that my information may be outdated, as I only recently started to download the final version, so I am pretty much basing my opinion on the previous verion and what I see on the screens.

Firstly - the mirrors\windows on Peragus. I think that they are suppose to be transparent, it's kinda weird if you can't see what's on the other side of the window (as it's sole purpose is to allow you to do it :D ). I think leaving the old texture would work. Other than that the planet reskin is solid (though I'll have to check out how you've reskinned the rock parts, those very pretty shabby in the previous version).

Second - the Ebon Hawk. I think you shouldn't touch it, other than adding some shaders and higher-res texture. The changes to the ship shouldn't be much bigger than in this mod http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Black_Ebon_Hawk;89210 . The Ebon Hawk is pretty good as it is and screwing with it most often result in catastrophe ("if it ain't broke, why fix it?")

Last - Telos. Although I could go with the colorful Citadel Station, I think it should be gray and depressing. Remember that there are few luxuries on the CS and it is probably made of the cheapest possible materials. I still need to see it with my own eyes, but the screen got me worried. Also, if you haven't changed the Atris' Academy, I'd rework it as well. You should stick to the original idea and try to think how *really* the place would look like - no bubbles\squares whatsoever. This applies to other areas as well - don't be affraid of simple textures and don't add some weird patters to mix things up, remeber that in real life building are often very monotonous.

These are my observations so far, though I suppose I won't be finding more issues, I really liked most of the mod. I'll post once I'll play with it.

And once again, thanks for your effort.

Well you know people are free to delete textures they don't like as far as the windows i didn't mess with them in the final version. I'm interested more in what you think of the final version, so let me know when you play it. On a side note i have a very creative mind so to me the atris academy needed to be changed, but thats just me. My ideas come from why make every planet look plain and the same so when people say it looks to busy thats why i did it.

Appreciate the comments....

Would someone be kind enough to list how many files are in the folders for each planet?

I've been messing around alot with my override, and want to make sure i haven't accidently deleted anything

I have never counted every single texture so ????????

Well you know people are free to delete textures they don't like as far as the windows i didn't mess with them in the final version. I'm interested more in what you think of the final version, so let me know when you play it. On a side note i have a very creative mind so to me the atris academy needed to be changed, but thats just me. My ideas come from why make every planet look plain and the same so when people say it looks to busy thats why i did it.

Fair enough, this is your work and you are free to do as you will. I was hoping that you would reconsider and do some adjustments, but oh well :)

Anyway, I have made a fresh install of the game and am currently finishing downloading the mod, so hopefully I'll soon post some more comments.

*EDIT* Peragus looks great. The window issue seems to be gone and the rock parts look way better than before. HK-50 skin is well, bad, but the rest is A+.

I have a list of the files that make the Ebon Hawk look out of place. If there are wrong files listed for removal please tell me and also I can't seem to find the file for Nar Shaddaa, Dxun and Onderon. If you can find these files please let me know.

Here are the files needed for fixes:

Dantooine -

Dxun -

Harbringer - None

Korriban - KOR_Ehok.tga

Malachor V - MAL_EBO_Main2.tga

Onderon -

Peragus - PER_EH1.tga

Telos - TEL_hawk.tga

Nar Shaddaa -

Ebon Hawk - LEH_ehawk02.tga

I have a list of the files that make the Ebon Hawk look out of place. If there are wrong files listed for removal please tell me and also I can't seem to find the file for Nar Shaddaa, Dxun and Onderon. If you can find these files please let me know.

Here are the files needed for fixes:

Dantooine -

Dxun -

Harbringer - None

Korriban - KOR_Ehok.tga

Malachor V - MAL_EBO_Main2.tga

Onderon -

Peragus - PER_EH1.tga

Telos - TEL_hawk.tga

Nar Shaddaa -

Ebon Hawk - LEH_ehawk02.tga

What is out of place excatly? thanks

What is out of place excatly? thanks

It is what Darth Shan was talking about. The wall texture that made he Ebon Hawk look really bad. And I quote

It looks like the Ebon Hawk was molded from the walls of the module.
I hope this answers your question if it does not let me know.

It is what Darth Shan was talking about. The wall texture that made he Ebon Hawk look really bad. And I quote I hope this answers your question if it does not let me know.

Ah i see well i agree its not the best looking ebon hawk but it would take months to redraw the entire texture to a 2048 size that would look good. of coarse i'm sure there is some talented modder out there that could do it...

Archived