Home

Enhanced Graphics 2009 IBL Final Released

Xarwarz

Best Looking Planets-Ship [VOTE MORE THAN ONCE]  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Best Looking Planets-Ship [VOTE MORE THAN ONCE]

Excellent! The improvements to Korriban and Dantooine are the standout triumphs here though - the runes on the tomb walls on Korriban, and the finer details on the plains of Dantooine, really improve those planets.

The brick detail on Onderon looks great too, except where it moves onto the turrets, but still, great work!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw thx for this mod Xarwarz.

welcome enjoy

Excellent! The improvements to Korriban and Dantooine are the standout triumphs here though - the runes on the tomb walls on Korriban, and the finer details on the plains of Dantooine, really improve those planets.

The brick detail on Onderon looks great too, except where it moves onto the turrets, but still, great work!

Yes i'm looking to change that brick texture on the turrets.

Thanks I glad you like those planets it seem korriban and Dantooine are the most popular of planets.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a couple of problems with this mod! On the prologue, everything works well, except that the galaxy map does not spawn in the cockpit, then when I skip the prologue because of it the first movie in which the Exile comes out of the Kolto Tank to start the game does not trigger and the screen remains black before the fade-in. All the buttons in on the user interface work perfectly, even with the pitch black screen, but I cannot trigger the movie that starts the game. Will anyone help?

I'm having a couple of problems with this mod! On the prologue, everything works well, except that the galaxy map does not spawn in the cockpit, then when I skip the prologue because of it the first movie in which the Exile comes out of the Kolto Tank to start the game does not trigger and the screen remains black before the fade-in. All the buttons in on the user interface work perfectly, even with the pitch black screen, but I cannot trigger the movie that starts the game. Will anyone help?

You know, it's quite impossible it happened after installing only this mod, this one only changes textures in game.

If you want help you should tell us what other mods you have installed.

You know, it's quite impossible it happened after installing only this mod, this one only changes textures in game.

If you want help you should tell us what other mods you have installed.

Well, I do want help, so I will do my best to list them all.

Here it goes: (Imaging Jim Carrey getting stopped by the police officer on Liar Liar)

Admiralty Mod

Bao Dur Wears Jedi Robes

call of Aid tsl

clonetroopers for TSL

Stormtroopers for TSL

Imperial Officers for TSL

Sith Assassins with Lightsabers

CS Arena

High Force Powers 2.0

High Force Powers 2.1

HK Factory Reconstructed

" " 1.1

Improved AI

RedHawke's Exile Item Pack

Survival Items

Early Lightsaber for TSL

Jedi Temple

M4-78 with Jedi Temple compatibility

M4-78 Add On

M4-78 Movies v2.0

Shem's Supper Add On

" " Enhanced

Dark Side Transitions

Prequel Jedi Robes

visual effects and realistic effects

shem's Darth Sion reskin

tsl urc all version including the usm fix

Ultimate Saber Mod

<snipped>

Peragus Fixed and Peragus v1.1

RedHawke's workbench robes, gloves, belts, and masks

HQ Media patch update

HQ Music patch update

1.0b update

TSL Ambience Improvement

TSL Music Improvement

frumpless

remote influence mod

T3-M4 to R2-D2 reskin

oldflash's lightsaber, short lightsaber, and doublebladed lightsaber pack

Movie Mandalorians v3.0

And, that's about it plus I've edited all 2da, utc, uti, and ut(x) files so they the mods are compatible with one another.

These are awsome I loved version 1 these are even better

Thanks enjoy

I have a hard time choosing between Dxun, Dantooine, Nar Shaddaa, and Korriban. I'll give K-2 some love and go with Dxun, the waterfall and landscape looks beautiful.

If you have a hard time deciding just use the vote poll above thanks for trying it out

Well i did run into a problem with the HIGH LVL FORCE POWER 2.1 although i don't understand why when this mod is just textures. If you have that installed try removing it and see what happens

Well i did run into a problem with the HIGH LVL FORCE POWER 2.1 although i don't understand why when this mod is just textures. If you have that installed try removing it and see what happens

I tried that but the same problems come up on the Ebon Hawk and Peragus, I'm going to try uninstalling the Ebon Hawk textures, and Peragus textures to see if that brings the game back to normal, but there are so many, I hate this idea. Next time, author, use the TSL patcher, lol. I know it wouldn't necessarily fix my problems, but uninstalling this would be a lot simpler with the back up folder it creates.

• 2 weeks later...

For an unknown reason the colours in the game have become distorted, and I believe it's in relation to this mod.

One of the changes I've made to my computer that may affect this is updated my ATI driver to 9.1.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Once I get back from patrol, I'll seed the TSL Enhanced Graphics Mod for two months straight.

Shure if you want seed away:D

Great mod. Korriban looks AMAZING!!!

Yea its a unanimous decision on korriban i didn't think it would be so popular

Thanks for the comments and trying the mod

Hi,

this is Darth Shan.

I am currently replaying TSL, especially to have a look at your new textures. Here is my detailed opinion for every package. But first of all: This mod is awesome, it's a great job and a great achievement. Very well done and thanx!

Creatures-Droids - Most of them are excellently done. Problem: The Hutts in the game are now transparent (changing their envmap in appearance.2da to "cm_baremetal" fixes this, but it looks a little weird).

Placeables: The spacesuit is transparent. "PLC_kinegg" has no effect (maybe "PLC_KinEgg2" is correct?).

Ebon Hawk - I don't like this package. Foremostly, it brightens the area too much. Curiously, I got the impression that the Hawk was even 'emptier' than before.

Peragus - Gorgeous. Makes TSL look two years younger. Some objections, though:

1. The Ebon Hawk retex ("PER-EH1") is, forgive me, just silly, because the Hawk now looks like being a part of the respective module (i.e. having been moulded from the walls and floors). It seems like being a bug, i.e. are you really serious with this? You should definitely make this one optional or leave it out. Request: Is there a way to just sharpen the original texture?

2. I removed "PER_Cpanel" from the Override, because in places they look out of context or even buggy (Saquesh's computers in the Refugee Sector on nar Shadaa or Mandalore's computer panels on Dxun).

Harbinger - I removed "HAR_Dr02", because it look weird.

Telos - Citadel Station - Excellent, I have no problems with additional colours etc. Everything which makes the station look less 'empty' is a great improvement. The plastiline look of the turquoise texture tile is the only one to object for reasons of individual taste. I like it, though, because it reminds me of System Shock 1 (which has a Citadel Station, too, with malfunctioning droids and an NPC named Mira ...). One issue: some of the doors appear as being transparent (especially in the dock module).

Telos - Restoration Zone - What can be said of this? Just great. Everything.

Telos - Military Complex - A little bit problematic in terms of 'realism', because it now looks more like Citadel Station. Nothing to be done, I presume, because they just use the same texture tiles. The textures also work great on the droid factory (very impressive).

Telos - Atris' Academy - Wonderful, nothing to add to this.

Nar Shadaa - Very good, in my opinion, I like the entertainment promenade, too. The lights are too bright, so I removed "NAR_lt01-04". I also removed "NAR_tek1", because the screen flashs looked like being a bug (i.e. this texture does not work properly, you can see it especially in the pylons of the docks-module).

There are problems with Goto's yacht, especially when it comes to the cutscene with the bounty hunters when you approach Nar Shadaa: the area is too bright, letting it look as if there were no ceiling textures and some wall tiles seemed to be missing, too, which looks like a bug. Btw: which are the texture file names for the yacht, so I can remove them at will?

Dantooine - Well, what can I say to this? I just chime in with the others: It is awesome. What I did not like were the new bookshelves in the enclave sublevel ("Dan_BkC1"), because I like the original similarity to Ep. 2. I removed that file from my Override.

Korriban - Absolutely gorgeous. The first area (701KOR) becomea a little bit too bright, though.

Dxun - Again, the jungle areas become a little bit too bright, in my opinion. Otherwise, it is a well-done makeover job.

I removed "Dxn_tek1", because it look weird in Freedon nadd's tomb.

Onderon - It takes some time to get used to the new look, but I think it befits Iziz well.

Ravager - Not my cup of coffee, the textures make the area way too bright, causing problems with the ceiling textures (similar to Goto's yacht/Nar Shadaa).

Malachor - just excellent. I had to get accustomed to the Trayus Academy. But the planet surface and the Trayus Core are smashing. Great job.

You see, basically I enjoyed all open and closed area retexturings, but I wasn't so fond of the spaceship interiors. When I have finished my playthrough I will give you my comments on the other areas. Keep up the good work!

Hi,

this is Darth Shan.

I am currently replaying TSL, especially to have a look at your new textures. Here is my detailed opinion for every package. But first of all: This mod is awesome, it's a great job and a great achievement. Very well done and thanx!

Creatures-Droids - Most of them are excellently done. Problem: The Hutts in the game are now transparent (changing their envmap in appearance.2da to "cm_baremetal" fixes this, but it looks a little weird).

Placeables: The spacesuit is transparent. "PLC_kinegg" has no effect (maybe "PLC_KinEgg2" is correct?).

Ebon Hawk - I don't like this package. Foremostly, it brightens the area too much. Curiously, I got the impression that the Hawk was even 'emptier' than before.

Peragus - Gorgeous. Makes TSL look two years younger. Some objections, though:

1. The Ebon Hawk retex ("PER-EH1") is, forgive me, just silly, because the Hawk now looks like being a part of the respective module (i.e. having been moulded from the walls and floors). It seems like being a bug, i.e. are you really serious with this? You should definitely make this one optional or leave it out. Request: Is there a way to just sharpen the original texture?

2. I removed "PER_Cpanel" from the Override, because in places they look out of context or even buggy (Saquesh's computers in the Refugee Sector on nar Shadaa or Mandalore's computer panels on Dxun).

Harbinger - I removed "HAR_Dr02", because it look weird.

Telos - Citadel Station - Excellent, I have no problems with additional colours etc. Everything which makes the station look less 'empty' is a great improvement. The plastiline look of the turquoise texture tile is the only one to object for reasons of individual taste. I like it, though, because it reminds me of System Shock 1 (which has a Citadel Station, too, with malfunctioning droids and an NPC named Mira ...). One issue: some of the doors appear as being transparent (especially in the dock module).

Telos - Restoration Zone - What can be said of this? Just great. Everything.

Telos - Military Complex - A little bit problematic in terms of 'realism', because it now looks more like Citadel Station. Nothing to be done, I presume, because they just use the same texture tiles. The textures also work great on the droid factory (very impressive).

Telos - Atris' Academy - Wonderful, nothing to add to this.

Nar Shadaa - Very good, in my opinion, I like the entertainment promenade, too. The lights are too bright, so I removed "NAR_lt01-04". I also removed "NAR_tek1", because the screen flashs looked like being a bug (i.e. this texture does not work properly, you can see it especially in the pylons of the docks-module).

There are problems with Goto's yacht, especially when it comes to the cutscene with the bounty hunters when you approach Nar Shadaa: the area is too bright, letting it look as if there were no ceiling textures and some wall tiles seemed to be missing, too, which looks like a bug. Btw: which are the texture file names for the yacht, so I can remove them at will?

Dantooine - Well, what can I say to this? I just chime in with the others: It is awesome. What I did not like were the new bookshelves in the enclave sublevel ("Dan_BkC1"), because I like the original similarity to Ep. 2. I removed that file from my Override.

Korriban - Absolutely gorgeous. The first area (701KOR) becomea a little bit too bright, though.

Dxun - Again, the jungle areas become a little bit too bright, in my opinion. Otherwise, it is a well-done makeover job.

I removed "Dxn_tek1", because it look weird in Freedon nadd's tomb.

Onderon - It takes some time to get used to the new look, but I think it befits Iziz well.

Ravager - Not my cup of coffee, the textures make the area way too bright, causing problems with the ceiling textures (similar to Goto's yacht/Nar Shadaa).

Malachor - just excellent. I had to get accustomed to the Trayus Academy. But the planet surface and the Trayus Core are smashing. Great job.

You see, basically I enjoyed all open and closed area retexturings, but I wasn't so fond of the spaceship interiors. When I have finished my playthrough I will give you my comments on the other areas. Keep up the good work!

IN RESPONSE TO YOUR BRIGHTNESS ISSUES ARE YOU USING AN ATI CARD. When i started modding the ati card i owned it had handled hdr light differently from a nvidia card which i own now. nvidia card does not process the light as bright it has a more realistic setting.

Not sure why you have so many transparency issues in your game first ive heard of it

Creatures-Droids-YES I WAS AWARE OF THE HUT ISSUE THANKS FOR THE FIX

The Ebon Hawk retex- Not sure what you mean by this the outside or inside maybe a pic of the issue

Glad you enjoyed the mod very detailed explanation on what was good and bad i like the input it helps.

let me know any other things of interest.

perhaps a screen shot of the issue to see what it might be

Here are some screenshots of the Ebon Hawk, and Dantooine where I first encountered the problem.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
K2_00000.jpg

K2_00001.jpg

K2_00002.jpg

Along with my votes for Korriban, Dxun, Dantooine and Peragus, I vote for Telos. My personal favourite is Korriban, I think it's an absolutely top-notch make-over. Right behind in my ranking is Dxun and Dantooine. Peragus and Telos look alot different than in originally, but I think their looks are cohesive, innovative and very well put together.

Archived