Home

Vision for BF3 - Battlefront: The Clone Wars

talon1579

After watching the new CGI Clone Wars TV series, I think the new Battlefront should reflect it. With its slightly more cartoony graphics, development should be much quicker and a better game can be made.

No, SWBF3 should not reflect the Clone Wars TV Series, besides it's too late... There was a leaked video of SWBF3 gameplay, and it's got good graphics that aren't "cartoony"... Oh and those "millions of droids and clones" weren't all at the same battles... SWBF2 did a great job at portraying a large war fought at different planets, which is why it won awards... ;)

TSR, your take on LA is so brilliant, but now I'm feeling pains in my chest from laughing so hard... Thanks.

[Captain Affirmative, reporting in]

M@RS is quite right. It shouldn't "reflect" anything, in fact. It's a first-person shooter based in the Star Wars universe depicting battles that took place in the respective eras featured. There's nothing to reflect. Also, (thank God) the leaked footage shows that there's no "cartoony" (that sounds really awful, but I bet it would look worse) graphics, so we can let that idea die, I hope.

Oh, and even if there were millions of clones/droids present at even one of the battles, there's a snowballs chance at the core of Mustafar that this age of the gaming industry could come close to materializing those numbers.

I agree. BFII was brilliant in the visual and game play portrayals of the conflicts that occurred at those locations. Every award well deserved.

TSR, your take on LA is so brilliant, but now I'm feeling pains in my chest from laughing so hard... Thanks.

It's what I do, It's my thing

I never understood the hassle BF2 got to be honest. I absolutely adore the game. Yeah, it was a novelty how the main menu on the ps2 had too much going on for it to handle properly, but it's all fun and games.

To me, the "good" Lucasarts died in 2005 . Although Empire At War was released in 2006, it was finished in 2005. Lucasarts had hit its bumps before, but after '05 everything became a "bump" minus EAW and its expansion. Battlefront II and EAW were the last great Lucasarts games worthy of its fans before the new "regime" settled in fully . TFU is good but a big letdown to longtime LA fans...Thrillville? What the heck is that?

The "good" Lucasarts.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
lucasarts-logo.jpg

The "bad" Lucasarts

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
lucasarts-logo.jpg

^^ At least with that method he's got plenty of time to think of something worthwhile for the first time in just over 30 years.

But when he finally does come up with an idea, we'll have to wait awhile so that he can warm up... :xp:

• 2 weeks later...
is it just me or has anyone else ran up to an enemy only to back peddle for your life once you realize you can't smack him?

I have that problem... :xp: I've played too many games like Call of Duty to realize that I don't have melee attack... They should add one in BF3, it'd be a nice bonus...

Archived