Home

Favourite Poems

Sabretooth

Inspired by the cautioning words of our very own resident Rodian, I sought to ask you people of what your favourite classic poems are. Or if you, like me, can't label any of the classics as your favourites, name the poems that you find particularly memorable or important in some way.

Also, you need only name the poems, we don't need complex analyses of their literary merits or anything, though you're welcome to, if you'd prefer.

The Raven, by Edgar "Goth666Vampire" Allan Poe

An absolute classic. The rolling rhymes, the mystical atmosphere, and of course, the delectable beauty of Lenore, doth inspire me to read it evermore, lest the Raven appear and to me declare; "Nevermore."

The Daffodils a.k.a. I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud, by William Wordsworth

I had this once in school, and took to it immediately. Beautiful use of language and lucid enough to read without having to spend a couple hours drawing references and metaphors. Wordsworth is a favourite.

All I can think of at the moment, I'm afraid. Will add more as I remember them. :)

The Hollow Men by T.S. Elliot is truly epic, even though it does get a bit repetitive.

Howl by Allen Ginsberg is one hell of a free form collection verses, even though it is very... odd, if you catch my drift.

Oh, and whoever wrote the intro track on the album Tonight the Stars Revolt by Powerman 5000 needs an award, for it is most certainly awesome indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvxXLCNeWU

I showed sabre some poems by e e cummings yesterday, those are interesting.

Oh, I agree. anyone lived in a pretty how town comes to mind.

There are so many poems that are good.... J. Alfred Prufrock, as Darathy stated, is good too.... I rather enjoyed Sylvia Plath's 'Daddy' as well, although it was absurdly depressing...

_EW_

And you are a fool for not being aware of the going drive to resurrect RC forums and make them the premier LucasForums off-topic discussions forum (though to be fair, you aren't in our secret social group). What makes you think I give a **** about poetry anyways. :xp:

ALL FORUMS ARE EQUAL, SOME FORUMS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Archived