Home

Jedi Temple Expansion

HK-42

Well I have done a small bit of eye candy to the Jedi Temple mod. Including loadscreens, planet icon/rotation model, and am currently getting the 2 characters that speak voiceovers and lipsync.(1 out of 2 voices done.)

I also tried adding a walkmesh to the Council Room to fix the center and the chairs, as you can run through them, by adding a invisible placeable on top of the areas with a walkmesh. This failed as it seems it can not overlap the area model. If anyone knows away to have success with this please PM me or post here.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody has any further ideas for this expansion, Eye candy ONLY(as that is all I have permission, or time for), that I could do?

I also tried adding a walkmesh to the Council Room to fix the center and the chairs, as you can run through them, by adding a invisible placeable on top of the areas with a walkmesh. This failed as it seems it can not overlap the area model. If anyone knows away to have success with this please PM me or post here.

You could place invisible placables around it.

1) I actually had a major issue with this mod recently because there was a major conflict between this one's placeables.2da and that of the M4-78RP. Thankfully, I was able to resurrect my game by uninstalling this mod, but it was a shame cause this mod has a lot of potential.

2) This mod desperately needs a new skybox. Lots of detail, perhaps put it in nighttime instead of day?

3) Something needs to be done about the landing pad. It screams MOD. Perhaps add some plants or other objects to liven the place up, rather than just leave it as an obvious section of Nar Shaddaa. I wish we could build a new module for the landing pad, but as you say...only eye candy.

What exactly have you done with the invisible placeable? As I remember, that shouldn't work, only because the invisible placeable has no walkmesh. But, there is a way to make a new walkmesh for a placeable.

What exactly have you done with the invisible placeable? As I remember, that shouldn't work, only because the invisible placeable has no walkmesh. But, there is a way to make a new walkmesh for a placeable.

Thats what I did, I made a new mdl and mdx for the invisible placeable, then created a walkmesh for it. Then I placed it in the room over the area I needed to add a mesh to. No luck because it cant overlap the area model. I know that it works everywhere else, except places it overlaps.

1) I actually had a major issue with this mod recently because there was a major conflict between this one's placeables.2da and that of the M4-78RP. Thankfully, I was able to resurrect my game by uninstalling this mod, but it was a shame cause this mod has a lot of potential.

You mean with the expansion or the original?

2) This mod desperately needs a new skybox. Lots of detail, perhaps put it in nighttime instead of day?

I agree, but a little beyond my skill to make a good detail one.

3) Something needs to be done about the landing pad. It screams MOD. Perhaps add some plants or other objects to liven the place up, rather than just leave it as an obvious section of Nar Shaddaa. I wish we could build a new module for the landing pad, but as you say...only eye candy.

Well maybe some other objects, but the whole point is for the temple to be abandoned and I dont see anybody watering the plants.

1) Well the Expansion does not change the placeables.2da, the original mod does. I'm only mentioning because there are potential compatibility issues with M4-78RP, although it's likely that DStoney will help figure this out 'cause he helped me save my game.

2) Perhaps we can get someone who's good with skyboxes then, although the one you were using for Ansion looked cool (though I never saw it in game).

3) Yeah, I don't know. Something just really needs to be added to improve that module.

I just tried something and it worked, use plc_forcecageblk.utp and center it over the object you don't want to walk through. It is the invisible blocker for force cages so you can't walk through them. It was the perfect size for the piller in the center of the room in the temple.

I just tried something and it worked, use plc_forcecageblk.utp and center it over the object you don't want to walk through. It is the invisible blocker for force cages so you can't walk through them. It was the perfect size for the piller in the center of the room in the temple.

Really? I wonder why custom invisible placeables dont work if that does. Does it cover the whole pillar? The pillar in the center and the circle surrounding it.

Really? I wonder why custom invisible placeables dont work if that does. Does it cover the whole pillar? The pillar in the center and the circle surrounding it.

Yep ,it is basically a cylinder the size of the round part of the pillar base,so it might be a little large for the chairs but you won't be able to walk through them anymore.

• 1 month later...

Respawn! Tomorrow I will try DSTONEY suggestion on the plc_forcecageblk.utp and I am recruiting some one to do a few lines to lipsync, already got the voiceovers. So if you know how please PM me.

Once both these happen I should be able to release version 3.5

This sounds great! Now if the mod itself could be rebalanced a little bit I think it'd help massively. No offense, but there are way too many higher level items to acquire in that place.

Sadly thats not really eyecandy, but I could ask deathdisco later about that. Also just asked Drewton if he could make a skybox, but he hasnt been on in a while so never know.

Archived