Home

Edge Magazine Bioware Interview

News

I really don't like them bragging about the level of "epic" Force power, lightsaber duels, and blaster weapons; it's as if they're trying to market on combat alone, while they didn't mention a thing about storyline, classes, and the other "fun" activities in MMOs.

Still, combat is important. I hope that combat is anything but a mindless clickfest, which I think it won't be in TOR. Still, I really hope that when they integrate combat and quests it won't have grinding involved the the majority of the gameplay.

So, smuggler class is announced. Well, it was only a matter of time. And while we knew Tython and Korriban were going to be the starting place for Jedi and Sith, Ord Mantell as starting place for the smugglers was new, too. I guess that leaves Nal Hutta as starting place for Bounty Hunters.

Combat is important, yeah. And if you're working with a license like Star Wars, with lightsabers, blasters, vibroblades and rocket launchers, it can't be easy to find both a good combat system and a balance between those weapons. So I'm hoping they've spent enough time making it right. I also think they already talked a lot about storyline and classes, albeit a bit superficial. For the moment, I'd like more info on the combat, so this is a start. And we'll going to see what it's all about at E3.

Why the hell does the Smuggler look a lot like Han Solo? Lameee
That's kind of what I thought...I know they are basing a lot of their designs on stuff from the movies from what they said in the latest dev diary, but that is pretty blatant. At least give him slightly different clothes, I'd much rather see the scoundrel outfit from KotOR or something like what Atton wore in TSL.

Archived