Home

[KotOR]Canderis's saber project

Canderis

Well 2 days ago trigger god taught me how to model (hurray!) so I decided to make a saber WIP, however I can't map them. I would like to ask if someone who can UV map would like to join me in this "USM" for KotOR.

Here are my (better) models.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
hilt4.jpg

hilt2.jpg

I'm liking this mod already! That saber hilt is making me jealous of the in-game characters (that and the fact that they actually have lightsabers). Man, if someone could model that in real life, and add some wooden 'blades' they could make a lot of money (starts getting really wild ideas). Um... I'll be right back...

Given that there is already a USM of sorts for K1 in the works (here), you may want to consider pooling your efforts with that project. The project's originator Darth Ravage asks for hilts in the first post.

Also, as has already been stated, your poly density is far too high. A triangulated mesh of around about 1000 polys (for a single bladed hilt) is what you want to aim for. A party all dual wielding 5K poly sabers would pose problems for a lot of users.

Lookin good so far. You may wanna consider makin a double saber that doesn't look like two lightsabers super glued together though :D. I still can't figure out why saber hilts are so popular...

EDIT: BELOW: I wasn't saying it was a bad idea/model, I was just saying I recommend making another double saber that looked different

You may wanna consider makin a double saber that doesn't look like two lightsabers super glued together though :D. I still can't figure out why saber hilts are so popular...

Well the thing is I have a single and double version. So you can use a double and then switch to a single.

Well the thing is I have a single and double version. So you can use a double and then switch to a single.

Oldflash made a similar mod with Darth Maul's lightsaber. You can find it here. Are you doing a similar mod where you can press a button and *PUFF* it changes from single to double and vice versa.

Update: Well here's a new hilt, textured although I might still make some changes to the texture.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
hilt6.jpg

I am going to re-model my first hilt to save pollys and cut it from 3000 pollys to around 1000

Archived