Home

Washington Shooting scare on 9/11 anniversary.

Astor

I didn't think it right to post this in the 9/11 remembrance thread, so it'll get a thread of its own (Staff - feel free to merge it, however, if you don't think it warrants a thread of its own).

Full Story

It seems like a pretty stupid decision to hold that sort of training excercise on a day that the US is remembering one of the worst terrorist attacks in history.

Thoughts?

I'm all for training exercises...the various branches of military and law enforcement should train as much as they want to keep those of us whom they protect from harm.

That said...the Coast Guard might have put some more thought into their timing...and CNN might have put a little more care into what they report as I believe it was their network that broke the story and their network that has been chastised by Homeland Security and the Coast Guard for inaccurate reporting of something they heard over a police scanner.

I don't pay attention to the "national news media" anymore. I get my news typically from the AP...they're at least quasi unbiased and I find their articles much more factual and much less opinionated than anything on TV.

But you know Homeland Security calls CNN out...and CNN throws it back on the coast guard. I wish I could find the original AP article I read with the back and forth between the Homeland Security spokesperson and the CNN reporter...but I can't seem to locate it on Yahoo!'s site at the moment.

:¬:

OH yes...this. A huge outcry over fly swatting.

When the network that reported it is held accountable, they play the blame game and make counter accusations. The coast guard didn't think carefully in terms of timing.

I agree JA, more care could have been taken on all fronts. Should have.

I get mine from multiple sources as well.

Archived