Home

Is anything I work on actually any good?

Qui-Gon Glenn

I'm doing VO's for a friend. Perhaps I should post a link when he publishes the YT vids?

Since this is a thread on basically productions of sorts from LF members...shall this become an official ahto thread on such things for the lot of us? Whadya think?

I think that would be cool!

The thread title isn't "Is anything Qui-gon Glenn works on any good?", so really anybody could be that I.

I have no problem sharing the thread, actually it would be great to have a little forum for anyone at LF who is in the production scene - we are all freelancing networkers after all!

However, GTA, since you asked.... only you are excluded :p Of course I am joking!

Hey Liverandbacon! Glad you caught the pilot, I agree that it looks great! David Boyd, our Director of Photography, was about the coolest guy to work for. Very laid back with a great sense of humor, and knew exactly what he wanted to see and how he wanted to see it. His vision is the core of the series... each episode has different Directors, but the DP is the same for each, which ensures continuity from at least a visual aspect.

I feel strongly that it is being picked up again for a second season, which I will be thrilled to work on.

As for Garth Ennis.... uh, I would have to google him. I am actually not normally much interested in zombies or other undead creatures, as I find them personally to be a little silly. Just my personal opinion, as worthless as anyone elses!

BTW, you ought to get back in the fold, if you know what I mean :)

Well tell David Boyd that he's awesome then. Good job too on the lighting, especially the aforementioned hospital.

Don't worry about googling Garth Ennis (he doesn't have anything to do with zombies, but he puts the graphic in graphic novels), as my question was sort of rhetorical. If it got worse than the sort of horrible stuff that happens in some of his books (i.e. Preacher), it wouldn't be allowed anywhere near a television screen.

I don't enjoy the zombie part of zombie films as much as seeing ordinary people coping with a situation that pushes them to and in some cases beyond their limits, and how that affects their actions around and towards each other. The undead are just a catalyst to let that happen.

Still need to watch the second episode, I'm outside of the US at the moment, so I've been unable to watch it as it airs.

• 3 months later...

Well, I posted here a bit ago with some updates, but that post and many others were lost in the Great LF Crash of February 2010, So, here we go again :p

"The Walking Dead" has been a great success thus far, and I am proud to have been a part of it, although it really isn't in my realm of interest. I am glad that it "looks great", as the camera only looks good if the lighting is right. Credit there goes to our Gaffers and of course the inestimable David Boyd (aka "The Boss"). I will resume working on it either in May or June!

"Hall Pass" will be coming out soon, and the advertising is at a high point right now.... Atlantan's will recognize several locations, especially the interior/exterior of Johnny's Hideaway (the disco ball scene)... the interior of the Gold Room may not look as familiar, as we did a ton of lighting in there as well as the addition of a giant "Dragon" - thus the name of the club in the movie, "The Dragon". Once upon a time, that club was the most famous strip club in Atlanta... now it is a "club" with bottle service and less attractive service running around - but it looks great in the movie!

Other projects that will be coming to a theatre (or TV) near you:

"The Change-Up" (working title) starring Ryan Reynolds, Jason Bateman and Olivia Wilde (rrrrrrrrrrr). Very funny at times, hard not to laugh out loud on set.

"Necessary Roughness" - TV pilot that has been picked up. Callie Thorne ("Rescue Me") hung out with us and enjoyed adult beverages at the end of each day - it was a cool experience to get a little love and facetime from the principle actress, add to that that she was every bit as cool or cooler than you would have thought from watching her previous performances, and a beautiful woman to boot. I fantasized a little, just being honest :)

"The Collection": working title, a film, creepy slasher horror type thing, again not my style, but fun to work on.

"Wanderlust" - working title, Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston, as well as the incredible Alan Alda in a near reprisal of his role in "Flirting with Disaster". Aniston is just as pretty in RL as on camera, and very nice. Paul Rudd is an everyday dude, ate lunch with us in the mess everyday, wouldn't let me let him pass me in the lunch line, cool.... It was the hardest thing for me everyday to not walk up to him and hold my air-bass high and say "I slappeh deh bass" :lol:

"Single Ladies" for MTV, starring Stacey Dash and a bunch of other 30-something hotties... I rigged that stage 9 days in a row, 118 hours. Ugh.

So, there's an update. Astrotoy7 was probably right, I should turn this into a blog, but I am too lazy to stay on top of something like that, and have bigger fish to fry around here, as I try to keep modding.

See you at the movies!

MTV/VH1 = pain in the butt to work for. Plus, I personally abhor MTV and blame it for most of our society's ills. Seriously :carms:

Well, being obnoxious is one thing. MTV/VH-1 is on a whole new level all its own. I see this and come to the bitter realization that when other countries look upon us and call us "Ameritards", they have some concrete evidence to back it up.

I liked the oddities cartoons back in the '90s. Then it just kind of went down the toilet from there. The Maxx, Aeon Flux, that super brain guy, Beavis and Butt-Head, Ren and Stimpy, and all them. Those shows are still the bomb.

Archived