Home

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Knights MOD (official thread)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings, I got all the movies including the Books and Extended Editions, and I have to say, that does NOT look like Sauron, in fact, it is more like the Witch-king of Angmar, one of the Nine Ringwraiths. Sorry if this post seems like an insult to you guys, but I'm only mentioning. It really is a nice skin though.

Not sure I'm allowed to post pictures of this, but here's a comparison between Sauron and the Witch-king...

Sauron.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
DarkLordSauron.jpg

The Witch-king.

Show spoiler
Witch-kingofAngmar.jpg

Actually Forgorn, you're right. When I made this I was going for more of a witch-king look. Although TDM said Sauron, I felt like it would be easier to manipulate Nihilus' model to be more Witch-King style. I'm glad someone noticed :)

I like what's been done with the Nihilus model. Though to be a little similar with the Witch-King, adding a metal shader would help. Not overdoing the effect, just enough for a slight shine, making it seem a little more like metal, than anything else.

And possibly you should make the chest look a little more like armor as well, similar to the Mask and shoulders.

However, the Witch-king did not wear armour, just a black robe, unless of course, you'd like to make a little change. The reason the Witch-king even had a robe and mask is that he's considered "invisible" to everyone and everything unless Frodo Baggins or anyone else put one the One Ring. (Sorry, felt like pointing that out, lol.)

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to play around with him a bit more sometime in the near future. I have an AP exam tomorrow so after that's over I should have some more free time than usual :D

I'm going to try to add spikes around the forehead area and I think I'm going to play around with an armored texture. I think the Star Wars universe is lacking sweet armored Sith Lords as it is, so maybe I can add one in there.

Feedback is great, keep it coming, especially if someone knows how to add good looking spikes instead of just extending the vertices, which looks kinda dumb. I was thinking about trying to attach a primitive cone or something but I'm not sure if that works due to the nature of the replacer tool... if anyone can tell me it would be awesome because I don't feel like making changes to the model and un-checking over 6,000 boxes in the replacer just to have the model fail in-game :hor:

• 1 month later...
Eh, well, here's the Emperor so far. I don't think he looks very good, but I'm hoping to get feedback from people. Where does everyone think I should go with this? Any suggestions help a lot... there'll be a lot more versions of this guy, it's just v1.

Show spoiler
emp2j.jpg

Please give me some feedback!!

you should add some black streaks on the mask and shoulder pads and then white streaks on the robe but in the end everything looks great :thumbsup:

Archived