Home

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Knights MOD (official thread)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then we probably won't need you till' later.

Here are some more pics......

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/bastila.jpg/

Everyone except Bastila and The Twilek Sith are party members (the mandalorian replaces the old guy if you are ds)

Check back soon for more pics and my first Developer's blog! My first modcast will be out in April as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I'm not angry at you. I originally modeled a head which was a bit more Zayne-like, but I have a mental block when it comes to getting it to work in-game. If people don't like this guy, then I can go back to that. Thanks for the input!

Edit: He was based primarily on this picture:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
180pxzaynecarrick.jpg

@Darth Payne,

Yeah, all 3 (regular, jawless, and Jedi) Malak skins are in the files for TSL. Most of the characters from K1 are in there (which is quite helpful :D). Do people like the jawless Malak for that character or would another Malak be better liked? I just feel like the jawless adds a slight scary factor and maybe some interesting backstory.

A bit off topic, but I don't believe she is. Sorry.

Also, here are some other characters I forgot to put up:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Another un-named villian

darthk.jpg

(disregard the clothes)

An un-named party member

mando1.jpg

A slightly older Atton

attaborn.jpg

Well I haven't read the comics myself, but I did read up on my wookieepedia :thmbup1:

You're right about Zayne being a padawan on Taris before the massacre. Whether or not Mission makes an appearance in the mod, I really can't say, partially because I'm not entirely sure, lol.

The one that wasn't completely grey. Just had a few grey touches.

That one is mine. Not the "official" version of Carth in this mod...

I might work on it more for my own game... Honestly, I don't think it looks very good.

Anywho.... I don't think that this mod is gonna make it. I was too eager to join, I didn't think much about what I was getting myself into... Ah well.

What I'm trying to say, is that Darasuum jumped way too far. You can't expect to just come into the modding business and expect everything to be easy, for you to be great from the start. You need to start small, it may not be too grand, but everyone has to start somewhere. People will help. They will provide (for the most part) constructive criticism. Like the old saying, "practice makes perfect", start, work your way up, then see if you're ready to take on a big project. Not a TC or an SC. But something that people will enjoy. And most importantly: That you will enjoy. Modding is mostly to spend your free time. So why not enjoy yourself?

That's all I have to say.

^^Couldn't have said it better myself. I actually wouldn't have even really tried modding if it weren't for this project though, so for that I owe my thanks to Darasuum. Like you said Kyr'am, it has to be fun for you most importantly. I have tons of fun making skins for this, and I've learned a lot about other types of modding in the process. How were approaching this is that we are starting small and building up as we learn. Thanks for the advice!

p.s. I actually rather like your Carth skin :)

Archived