Home

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Knights MOD (official thread)

What I'm trying to say' date=' is that Darasuum jumped way too far. You can't expect to just come into the modding business and expect everything to be easy, for you to be great from the start. You need to start small, it may not be too grand, but everyone has to start somewhere. People will help. They will provide (for the most part) constructive criticism. Like the old saying, "practice makes perfect", start, work your way up, then see if you're ready to take on a big project. Not a TC or an SC. But something that people will enjoy. And most importantly: That you will enjoy. Modding is mostly to spend your free time. So why not enjoy yourself? [/quote']

Spot on. This realization is what we hope to get the new guys to realize when they first join. Sometimes you just have to actually do it though.

^^Couldn't have said it better myself. I actually wouldn't have even really tried modding if it weren't for this project though, so for that I owe my thanks to Darasuum.

That's great! I hope it enhanced your life... er somehow ;P. Do stick around though, there is a mod tsunami coming, and it's going to need willing, able and enthusiastic participants!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I haven't read the comics myself, but I did read up on my wookieepedia :thmbup1:

You're right about Zayne being a padawan on Taris before the massacre. Whether or not Mission makes an appearance in the mod, I really can't say, partially because I'm not entirely sure, lol.

They met in the Hidden Bek base.

"I'm Mission."

"I'm Fool's Errand."

thx,

I am now taking a majority vote sort of, I am about to start working on the first modcast, but I don't have a subject, if you have an idea, either PM me or say in this thread. Here are the options.....

I could do it on a specific character

I could answer people's FAQ's

It could be about the storyline

It could be about the game's technical aspects

It could be about modules

It could be a segment on modding in general

It could be about the game's soundtrack

or, it can be on Villains

You choose......

Just a small update

I'm working on the Sith Lord now. When it's 'finished', would people want to see it or would they not want the spoiler? I think I'll be posting him in the private group to get feedback anyway.

Also, I revamped Ben Krass, the first character on here. I made his skin look better and I also tweaked the head model just a little bit.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Before

benkrass.jpg

After

benkrassimproved2.jpg

Eh, well, here's the Emperor so far. I don't think he looks very good, but I'm hoping to get feedback from people. Where does everyone think I should go with this? Any suggestions help a lot... there'll be a lot more versions of this guy, it's just v1.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
emp2j.jpg

Please give me some feedback!!

Like the revamped head, looks more realistic.

And... wow. That's a vilian I'd really like to take down...

Mandalor, since the podcast is only audio, I vote for either storyline or soundtrack.

For everything else, you need visualization. Talking about modules for instance wouldn't say anything to me. But storyline can be told like, well, a story. And for the soundtrack, you can add small samples.

@Azzameen:

Thank you! I hope to get him much better looking.

@Greggomonkey:

Yeah, I was debating whether or not I should change the goatee, but I just think the new one looks more realistic with the texture. I thought the other one looked too flat.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived