Home

ME2 door problems

Totenkopf

*First, don't read this if you haven't played game yet as there may be minor spoilage below*

----------------------------------------------------------------

ME2 door issues:

Have run into yet another door problem with this game. The first time was at the door before Miranda shows up near the end at the Cerberus facility. It eventually activated, but not before forcing me to run all over creation to somehow trigger it to open. Second time was the door w/Veetor. Couldn't enter the building till I actually hit the adrenaline button and that somehow triggered the cut scene where the door opened. Now I'm stuck in the ship's conference room after discussing the Krogan issue w/Miranda and Jacob. After he exits, neither the door nor the interface on the conference table will work. Anyone else run into silmiliar problems? Have already applied patch and have multiple saved games (have even tried going backward and restarting from one of them prior to returning to Normandy, but all I get is bupkiss). Hoping I don't have to do Korlus all over again, but it might be necessary. Am 11+ hours into game, so it's almost an odd seeming time for the caveat about system not meeting game specs to cause this (then again, maybe not). Any ideas to solve this?

Wow, wish I could help you, but I have not had any of these problems with ME2. Of course I've been playing it on the 360 and not a PC. Your comments have given me reasons to pause in buying the PC verision of the game. I broke down and bought DA for the PC and it is like playing a new game. Was thinking of doing the same with ME2, but...

Wow, wish I could help you, but I have not had any of these problems with ME2. Of course I've been playing it on the 360 and not a PC. Your comments have given me reasons to pause in buying the PC verision of the game. I broke down and bought DA for the PC and it is like playing a new game. Was thinking of doing the same with ME2, but...

I'm playing the 360 version as well.. however, not this exact problem.. I have run in to irreversible glitches to the game in some spots. Nothing game-breaking or particularly game-damning, but there's some evidence of something wonky going on.. heheh

One glitch I've had (repeated on 2 diff playthroughs) is that if you [sTAY] after Mordin's loyalty quest to hack the monitor for some creds.. pressing B (to end mission) will sometimes not work at all. You have to reload the autosave and go through the entire end dialog again before B will end the mission.

Also, if you take cover close to the angle (edge) of a container, sometimes when you break cover your character will "freeze". You can still move the camera.. however you can't walk, fire or do anything (but die.. hehe). Several collision quirks too. Wish I would've set my frame grabs on my tele.. some were rather unique ;) ).

Odd, definitely quirky, but happens so rarely that I've pretty much given it a pass when it happens. Wish I could help out Totenkopf :(

Mass Effect 2 has been one of the most stable game games I've played (on PC) so far I must say. I've played it through fully 3 times and have not encountered a single crash or bug worth remembering.

So either I have been uncharacteristically lucky for once, or there must be something else causing the problems Totenkopf is experiencing. Don't know what to suggest though other than the usual obvious stuff of making sure the BIOS and driver versions are up to date.

The only real issue I've had with the game was not being able to adjust the mouse sensitivity in the Options, but fortunately that could be tweaked directly in the INI file instead. That, and getting stuck on top of scenery a couple of times. :¬:

I've only encountered one single glitch all the times I've played it, and that is getting stuck on top of an object while I was backing up (360 version), so I really don't know what to suggest to help you. Maybe a fresh install, but keep your save folder?

One glitch I've had (repeated on 2 diff playthroughs) is that if you [sTAY] after Mordin's loyalty quest to hack the monitor for some creds.. pressing B (to end mission) will sometimes not work at all. You have to reload the autosave and go through the entire end dialog again before B will end the mission.[/Quote] I forgot about that one. I have experienced that problem more than once. (I'm a slow learner) :)

Archived