Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

"What?!" Kalla asked, shocked even further by the notion of the Sith protecting Avalon. They must have arrived after we left. Assuming it's true, of course, because it's kind of hard to back up a lie that big. She sent to Tonatius.

"And what does Avalon's Senator have to say about this?" She then asked, calming down considerably.

"Lord Sarden is Avalon's Senator now. Sadly, his predecessor was on Avalon, and was killed in the attack." Chief of State Lendralis explained.

"How convenient." Kalla muttered under her breath.

"As a show of good faith between the Sith Empire and the Republic, I offer this data file, containing everything you will need to know about the New Empire in order to defeat them with ease." Pestilus stated.

"Then why hasn't the Sith Empire used it yet?" Kalla asked, attempting to catch Pestilus off guard.

"The Undying Sith Empire lacks the numbers for such a direct assault to prove successful, even with this data. The Third Galactic Republic, however, does not." Pestilus explained. "Equipped with this, the Republic fleet will be able to eliminate the New Empire with little to no losses." This statement seemed to elicit massive cheerful.

"This data will need to be verified, but as soon as it is, all available Star Destroyers will be diverted to Balmorra, and the Threefold War will finally be over." Lendralis stated, too excited at the prospect of defeating the New Empire to doubt the Dark Lord's sincerity.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ackbar

"Someone needs to make sure he makes it to the medbay."

Alriana felt the tap on her elbow and than heard what Jun-la said. She fell into step behind Tavaryn without making a sound.

"I heard that,"

Rest assured, I'm going to make sure you make it to medbay. Once we're alone I need to ask you something. It's important that I ask you as soon as possible. She sent through their link.

Medbay

Garja sighed heavily as one of the nurses in medbay stuck another needle in his arm, they were testing to see if all the poison had been eradicated and so far it looked good. His bones were healing nicely and with some of the medication he had been given, most of the pain he was feeling had been numbed.

"I'm going to the bridge as soon as your done." He said to the CMO who smiled a dark smile that sent chills down his spine. "No Admiral. You will return to the bridge when I give the all-clear."

Garja muttered under his breath and continued to sit as the nurses prepared more needles and more medication.

Coruscant

They must have arrived after we left. Assuming it's true, of course, because kind of hard to back up a lie that big.

Indeed. Tonatius stared at Pestilus with daggers in his eyes as well as the other whose presence was all too familiar. He then said, "Best not to be too optimistic Lendralis. History has shown that when something is within reach, the ground falls out from beneath your feet."

Kage clicked his tongue and said, "Well said youngling. And you Kaltas, do you think the same?"

Ackbar

Rest assured, I'm going to make sure you make it to medbay. Once we're alone I need to ask you something. It's important that I ask you as soon as possible.

Sounds serious. Perhaps we should skip the medbay. Tavaryn glanced at Alriana and then added, No worries moi chroi. I doubt I would last five paces before you tackled me and dragged me down there.

Tavaryn led the way to the turbolift and gave the deck he wanted. Then like a shy schoolboy, he slipped his hand into Alriana's and held it, intertwining the fingers. He did not let go until they arrived at the medbay. His team had already left but Garja was still there. He walked up to the admiral and overhead the last bit of the conversation. He leaned down and whispered to the admiral, "Belina has the CMO under her thumb. He's following orders so I have to suffer too."

Tavaryn then spoke to the CMO, "Lt. Onashi reporting in, sir." His hand tighened slightly around Alriana's, a reflection of his apprehension of what the CMO might do to him.

Jun-la watched as the pair disappeared into the turbolift. She then looked at the admiral, "Well Admiral, shall we check up on the bridge and see what surprises my pupil left us?"

Once at the security console, Andros was able to better scan the files that had been downloaded. As suspected, the security codes had been downloaded. He began a systematic repair of the burnt out connectors and rerouting systems to make them more hacker resistant. He then commed Koral, "Koral, I was right, security codes have been downloaded along with the admiral's profile. I already started working on individual systems to make them hacker resistant."

Ackbar

No worries moi chroi. I doubt I would last five paces before you tackled me and dragged me down there.

Alriana turned to him and smiled slyly. I'm glad that you realize that, she sent through their link as they entered the medbay.

"Lt. Onashi reporting in, sir."

Alriana could feel his hand tighten around hers. Don't worry...it's going to be fine. she sent.

The CMO turned from Garja to look at Tavaryn and then at Alriana. "Feel free to lay on one of the examination beds. I'll be with you shortly." The medical officer said as she turned back towards the Admiral.

"Admiral Garja, despite the fact that your bones are healing much more quickly than expected I would still like it if you would take off for a week. Get plenty of bed rest and if you feel any more pain report back to the medbay."

"As you wish." The Admiral grumbled as got up and headed for his quarters.

"Well Admiral, shall we check up on the bridge and see what surprises my pupil left us?"

"Yes, I think we should." Belina said as she entered the turbolift. "I have a feeling that there's nothing left on the bridge that needs to be fixed. I really hope that he managed to repair or upgrade the shields though."

"Koral, I was right, security codes have been downloaded along with the admiral's profile. I already started working on individual systems to make them hacker resistant."

Koral slapped his head. That wasn't good news. "I'll be sure to let the Admiral know as soon as she arrives on the bridge."

Don't worry...it's going to be fine.

It won't be fine if she asks me to strip, Tavaryn sent back as he reluctantly sat on one of the examination beds but refused to lay down. He crossed his arms and actually ended up looking like a petulant child though it was hard to tell with all the paint and dirt on his face. To him this was torture and it wasn't because he was afraid of needles.

Once Garja had departed he said, "So we meet again doc for another epic battle." There was a dry sort of humor to his tone. "What are you going to do to me this time? Assault by nurses? Flying hypodermics?"

"I have a feeling that there's nothing left on the bridge that needs to be fixed. I really hope that he managed to repair or upgrade the shields though."

"Wouldn't surprise me if he managed to put in a whole new computer," Jun-la replied, "Though I thin he wold just upgrade and give a power boost."

Ackbar

It won't be fine if she asks me to strip

Alriana had to hold back her laughter. Don't worry, I'm quite sure she won't ask you to strip. After all, the Ackbar has some of the most advanced medical equipment in the fleet.

"So we meet again doc for another epic battle."

The Doctor narrowed her eyes at Tavaryn then smiled darkly. "When I first saw you walk in I knew for a fact that you were going to make this difficult."

"What are you going to do to me this time? Assault by nurses? Flying hypodermics?"

"None of the above actually." The doctor said as looked Tavaryn over again. "I simply want you to lay back on the examination table and let me look you over. After that we'll see what needs to be done. Your friend can stay with you if it'll make a bit less nervous."

"Wouldn't surprise me if he managed to put in a whole new computer though I thin he wold just upgrade and give a power boost."

Belina nodded. "The first time I saw what he was capable of I wished for just one day I could have three of him working on the Ackbar. At the rate he's going the Ackbar could be repaired within a few days."

Don't worry, I'm quite sure she won't ask you to strip. After all, the Ackbar has some of the most advanced medical equipment in the fleet.

Tavaryn almost rolled his eyes as he sent back, I have an aversion to bacta tanks and there's a story behind that. My problem is the fact that Doc is...female and she likes to prod. It was hesitant and not a full complete answer but it was sufficient to him for now.

"I simply want you to lay back on the examination table and let me look you over. After that we'll see what needs to be done. Your friend can stay with you if it'll make a bit less nervous."

Tavaryn looked as if he were going to protest but he was never one to fall back on his word and in his mind, the sooner that it was over with, the sooner he and Alriana could have their chat. He replied, "You know I like making things difficult Doc," and in a single fluid moment, he was on his back looking up at the ceiling.

He sent, Don't leave moi chroi. She's a viper when it comes to examinations. Out loud he said, "For once I'll be good for you Doc."

"The first time I saw what he was capable of I wished for just one day I could have three of him working on the Ackbar. At the rate he's going the Ackbar could be repaired within a few days."

Jun-la couldn't help but have pride in her voice, "Well he has had practice in repairing the Ebon Hawk and I encourage him to keep up in his skills. Just as long as he doesn't neglect his training. Since we'll be staying for awhile, he can help out."

"For once I'll be good for you Doc."

The doctor looked over him suspiciously. "I'm almost afraid to why your cooperating but I think I'll take your word."

Don't leave moi chroi. She's a viper when it comes to examinations.

Don't worry, I'll stay. She sent back.

The Doctor grabbed a scanning instrument from the table and waved it over him as she took the readings. "Hmph, a few broken bones that are already begining to heal and some brusing on the inside and the outside." she said as she put the scanning device away.

"I'm tempted to throw you in the bacta tank for a few days but I know for a fact that I'll have to track you down and force you to go in. So instead of a bacta tank I'm going to recommend bed rest for a few days."

Alriana smiled sweetly at the doctor. "I'll make sure he gets to his quarters in one piece Doctor."

"Well he has had practice in repairing the Ebon Hawk and I encourage him to keep up in his skills. Just as long as he doesn't neglect his training. Since we'll be staying for awhile, he can help out."

"I'm glad to hear that." Belina said with a large smile on her face. "The Ackbar is a bit overdue for repairs."

"Hmph, a few broken bones that are already begining to heal and some brusing on the inside and the outside."

"Not to mention a piece of shrapnel in the shoulder and a through and through from a sniper," Tavaryn muttered. "Put to rights by a Jedi and Doc Pradhes."

Hearing the diagnosis, he had a momentary fear that she was going to order him into the bacta tank. And she would have forced him to do it after knocking him out. He grumbled while she finished her examination. When she ordered him on bed rest, he felt relief but eyed her suspiciously.

"I'll make sure he gets to his quarters in one piece Doctor."

Taking a look at Alriana's face and it nearly undid Tavaryn. I know that face, he sent, What is going on in that mind of yours moi chroi? He sat up, ready to bolt if both decided to come after him with a hypodermic or worse.

The Ackbar is a bit overdue for repairs."

Jun-la chuckled, "And the Ebon Hawk is WAY overdue. Don't worry. I'm sure Koral is having fun with the new bells and whistles Andros added."

Ackbar

I know that face, What is going on in that mind of yours moi chroi?

I just thought that you would appreciate a guide back to your quarters, she sent slyly. And I also thought that you might want to speak with me in a more private setting.

She took Tavaryn's arm and then smiled at him. "Don't worry, I'l take him back to his quarters right now."

"And the Ebon Hawk is WAY overdue. Don't worry. I'm sure Koral is having fun with the new bells and whistles Andros added."

Belina had to stifle her laughter. "I think Koral and Andros make a pretty good team. With him coordinating the damage controls parties and Andros's ability to repair almost anything I think we're going to be just fine. I can't wait to see how he functions in combat drills."

I just thought that you would appreciate a guide back to your quarters. And I also thought that you might want to speak with me in a more private setting.

Tavaryn visibly relaxed as he considered her words. Well...you did say you wanted to tell me something. Who am I to refuse?

He let Alriana take his arm and marveled at how she sweet talked the CMO before tugging him away. He did manage to say to the CMO, "Until we meet again Doc." He then led the way out of the medbay that was closest to the lifts.

Once back in the lifts, he keyed it to the appropriate deck. He leaned against the wall and said, "Maybe I should appeal to you every time that viper wants me to come down for a physical." He grinned to show his appreciation.

"You may have tricked the Senate into trusting you, but you're not fooling me." Kalla replied. Turning to Tonatius, she said, "Let's go, there's nothing else we can do here."

Jedi Temple, Council Chambers

"Unfortunately Kalla, your report only serves to reinforce our decision." Kol Skywalker said after Kalla explained the situation in the Senate.

"And what decision was that?" Kalla asked, completely unaware of what the Grand Master was talking about.

"Based on the Senate's lack of trust in us, and the Republic's new alliance with the Sith Empire, the Council has decided that it is the best interest of the Jedi Order, that we leave Coruscant and relocate to Tython as soon as possible. I'm sure you noticed the transport ships surrounding the Temple on your way back here." Her father explained.

"I understand, but with all due respect, I don't think the two factors are unrelated." Kalla responded.

"I agree, and implication of Sith agents infiltrating the Senate further indicates that Coruscant is no longer safe." Kol elaborated.

Ackbar

"Maybe I should appeal to you every time that viper wants me to come down for a physical."

Alriana smiled a wicked smile at him. "I doubt that little trick I pulled would work more than once. Sweet talking her only works for a little while before she catches on."

Admiral Belina was going to head back to the bridge when a sudden call came through on her comnlink.

"Admiral Belina, this is science officer Koral on the bridge. We have just recieved some very disturbing news from one of our sources on Coruscant. I believe that you should hear this Admiral."

Belina looked over at Jun-la and than ran for the turbolift. If one of their sources on coruscant was trying to contact them than it couldn't be good news.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Tonatius agreed and went with Kalla to the temple. After listening about the plans for relocation, he added, "Excuse me Master Jedi, since it is no longer safe for the Jedi, perhaps you should appeal to the Shinigami for security. IS that not what they do and if I recall, one ws most helpful to Jedi Haltra."

Andros Starlighter felt old but when threats to the order that had been like family came, he felt younger. The transmission from his sister worried him though he had no problems about his daughter and his granddaughter was somewhere with her father. He ambled along until he came into the meeting. When he saw the Tonatius and Taryn he had to pay attention since they looked more alike than anything. He then chose to say, "There are also other places for the Jedi to meet. If we do not wish for them to be attacked at one place. Some I can provide from the days of my mother and her smuggling of the younglings."

Ackbar

"I doubt that little trick I pulled would work more than once. Sweet talking her only works for a little while before she catches on."

Tavaryn chuckled. He led the way to his quarters once the lift stopped. Inviting her in, he bade her to make herself comfortable. "Um, just wait here, and I'll wash this dirt and grime off. Won't be long." He was blushing as he made a quick pace to the refresher.

He was as good as his word for he was out in clean trousers and shirt with boots. He looked like he was going to a training session. He stood looking at Alriana not sure of what to say and sounded unusually clumsly in his speech, "So...um...what did you want to talk about?"

Jun-la knew that look and took off with Belina. "If you don't mind Admiral, I would like to hear this as well."

Andros finsihed working with the security systems and contacted Koral, "Security is back online Koral but the Admiral will need to imput new security codes for everything. System's ready."

Ackbar

"So...um...what did you want to talk about?"

Alriana looked down at her feet before looking back up at Tavaryn. Her cheeks were turning red.

"When I first found out that you were aboard the Ackbar...when the Ackbar was under attack and being boarded...I was so happy to see you again but than, when that sith attacked you I thought that I was going to lose you before we could even talk."

Alriana was fighting to hold back the tears now. "I know that both of our jobs require us to take dangerous risks and I don't want to lose you without spending time with you. I...I was thinking that if it was alright with you...we could share quarters or possibly even change duty shifts so we could spend more time with each other."

Please...She thought. Don't let him reject me...don't let him turn me away.

Ackbar Bridge

"If you don't mind Admiral, I would like to hear this as well."

Belina waited until both she and Jun-la were both in the turbolift before reponding. "I don't mind at all. In fact...this may concern us all. The last time one of our sources contacted us it was because someone was trying to replace me as the commander of the republic fleet."

The turbolife arrived at the bridge but Belina kept the doors closed. "I have a feeling that this has something to do with the recent attack on Avalon"

"Security is back online Koral but the Admiral will need to imput new security codes for everything. System's ready."

Koral was about to respond when the doors to the bridge opened and Belina stepped out. She immediatly went over to where Koral was sitting. "This is Admiral Belina. I'll start the process of inputing new security codes later but right now I think you need to come up to the bridge."

She then activated the intercomn. "Admiral Garja, please report to the bridge at once. I repeat, Admiral Garja please report to the bridge at once."

Ackbar

"I know that both of our jobs require us to take dangerous risks and I don't want to lose you without spending time with you. I...I was thinking that if it was alright with you...we could share quarters or possibly even change duty shifts so we could spend more time with each other."

Tavaryn watched the flush appear on Alriana's cheeks and wondered why she was behaving like him. It wasn't until he heard the last part of her speech that he startedto feel the blush creeping up. He wasn't sure of what to say at first but then he noticed something he hadn't seen in a long time. He saw fear. It was fear of him rejecting her and it cut him at the core but he understood where she was coming from.

He looked at her again and slowly reached up and placed a hand on her cheek. With his thumb he began caressing her cheek and said slowly, "Don't fear me rejecting you moi chroi. If I did that, I would be destroying myself. I found you again and I don't want to lose you either. Would you stay...with me? I want you to. I want to be with you." He hoped that his clumsily spoken words told her what he felt even though he was blushing just as she was.

Ackbar Bridge

"I have a feeling that this has something to do with the recent attack on Avalon"

"Wouldn't surprise me," Jun-la replied, "Even I have my suspicions about the attack. As far as I can tell, it's been nearly three thousand years since the planet was attacked in a similar manner."

"This is Admiral Belina. I'll start the process of inputing new security codes later but right now I think you need to come up to the bridge."

Andros listened to the orders. He looked at the open computer and felt reluctance to leave. Still the admiral requested his presence. He commed back, "I'm on my way." He packed up his work kit and headed towards the lift to get to the bridge.

Ackbar

"Don't fear me rejecting you moi chroi. If I did that, I would be destroying myself. I found you again and I don't want to lose you either. Would you stay...with me? I want you to. I want to be with you."

Alriana smiled at him through the tears that were starting to form. "Yes...nothing would make me more happy then to stay with you. I honestly think it would kill me if I couldn't stay with you."

"Even I have my suspicions about the attack. As far as I can tell, it's been nearly three thousand years since the planet was attacked in a similar manner."

"Three thousand years?." Belina asked as Koral began hitting controls to unlock the safeguards that would allow them to use the channel that their source on Coruscant used. "That's...quite a long time."

Koral continued hitting controls until one of the controls beeped, indicating that the channel was ready to be opened just as Admiral Garja limped onto the bridge. "What did I miss?" He asked Belina as he stood behind her.

"Nothing yet, we're waiting for Andros to arrive and then we're going to see what this is about."

Ackbar

"Yes...nothing would make me more happy then to stay with you. I honestly think it would kill me if I couldn't stay with you."

Tavaryn returned the smile with one of his own as he continued to stroke her cheek with his thumb. He paused for a moment to lower his head and kiss her gently on the lips. It was short but sweet and put into words that he had a hard time saying. "Even though I can be a bashful prude around you, you want to stay?" He whispered the words in her ear as he gently kissed the side of her neck.

"That's...quite a long time."

"It is," Jun-la agreed, "But then again my people have long lifespans. Long term plans become somewhat of a norm. Look at my father and Tavaryn. Both were born during the days of the Empire, my father born at its birth."

When Garja came in, she turned to greet the admiral, "It is good to see that you are well Garja."

Ackbar

"Even though I can be a bashful prude around you, you want to stay?"

Alriana smiled through the tears that were now freely flowing from her face. "I think that we can work on that when the time comes. But for no-," Alriana was interupted as her comnlink beeped indicating that someone was trying to contact her.

"Jedi Alriana, this is Belina on the bridge. There's something we need you to see as soon as possible. And find Tavaryn and bring him up here as well. I think this concerns everyone aboard the Ackbar in some way."

Alriana looked up at Tavaryn and motioned for him to lead the way. "This can't be good." She said as she wiped the tears away.

Belina put her comnlin away as a control started flashing. She frowned as she looked at it. It was signaling that the incoming transmission was of the highest priority.

"It looks like we'll have to recored the transmission and show them later." She said as she hit the accept button.

"Attention Admiral Belina, this is Giron on Coruscant! I don't think that I have much time left before I'm either captured or killed. The Republic looks like it's going to end up allying with the Undying sith empire and it looks like they want to keep the information from going to the public for now."

Belina could hear blaster shots getting louder and louder but despite what was going on Giron continued giving his report.

"I think this is going to be my final transmission. I managed to get away from my pursuers a few minutes ago but it looks like they managed to find me. I don't have any other information but I feel I must warn you to be cautious in the future."

Belina was about to respond when she heard a blaster shot and the screen went black.

She looked over at Jun-la and then brought her hand down on the console with a good amount of force and than looked over at Garja. "Get me a communications link to Coruscant NOW! She shouted angerly

Ackbar

This can't be good."

Tavaryn couldn't agree more. He had heard the beep of her comm and resisted the urge to grumble. He listened to Belina's request while nuzzling Alriana's neck gently. He was actually thinking about what she said earlier about the risks they had to take in their line of work. There was always going to be something that would cut their moments short but in his mind they were worth it. He gave a sigh and said looking at her, "Well I guess you better follow orders and 'find' me. I could still be hiding from the CMO."

He smiled to show that he was joking with her and gave her another kiss. It seemed to get better every time he did that. "You know it just occurred to me that no matter how beat up I get, you always seem to make things better. Now why is that?"

Andros hurried out of the turbolift. He had sensed the urgency in his master's presence and knew that this was big. He came to the turn that led onto the bridge and he skidded in his boots to make the turn. He entered in and said, "Did I miss something?"

Meanwhile Jun-la had been viewing the transmission. This was troubling indeed. The Republic allying with the undying empire was nothing short of heresy of some sort. When Belina shouted Jun-la placed a hand on the admiral's shoulder and said, "Not Coruscant in general. If it is as bad as this source says, we can't trust any but those that would disapprove, like the Jedi. Even the Shinigami on Coruscant will not stand for this."

When Andros came skidding in, Jun-la motioned for him to just be quiet for the moment and give his report. He wordlessly went to his master's side and said, "Master I have done most of the important repairs necessary, including power ampage."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

"Even so, this decision is not simply based on the Sith infiltration. The distrust the Senate has for us is hardly one sided." Kol explained. "Perhaps you are right about having more than one place to relocate to. We have other, less well known sanctuaries on planets such as Ruusan, Ossus, and Dantooine, and if necessary, we don't have to settle on any planet for the time being."

"There are others we can trust as well, Master Skywalker. I know from Iyav that while he is bound by both Republic Law and Senate Rulings, the Director of Republic Intelligence remains unconvinced by the Sith's ruse. It's one of the few things they and Echelon 5 agree on." Komad suggested.

"Would you be able to put aside the issues you have with your ex-husband if your two employers are forced to work together against the Sith?" Kol asked Iyav.

"I can only hope." Iyav replied.

"What about Admiral Belina? She trusts the Jedi Order completely, and she has considerable sway over the Republic Fleet." Kalla added.

"We'd certainly need that sort of firepower if we're going up against the Sith." Iyav commented.

"Very well, I'll get in touch with her as soon as possible." Kol agreed.

Bridge, RSS Ackbar

"Too late, Admiral. We're currently receiving two separate transmissions from Coruscant: one from Chief of State Arket Lendralis, and one from Jedi Grand Master Kol Skywalker. Under the circumstances, I'd advise putting one onscreen, and keeping the other on hold. It's your choice." The communications officer pointed out.

Ackbar

"You know it just occurred to me that no matter how beat up I get, you always seem to make things better. Now why is that?"

Alriana grinned at him as she wiped away the last of the tears. "I'm starting to think that it's my charming personality." she said as she turned and headed for the door only to turn around and smile at him.

"I think we can continue this once we get back from the bridge." She said as she headed for the turbolift.

"Not Coruscant in general. If it is as bad as this source says, we can't trust any but those that would disapprove, like the Jedi. Even the Shinigami on Coruscant will not stand for this."

Admiral Belina swore once and then brought her hand down on the console again. "What is wrong with the senate?! She shouted angerly as she brought her fist down on the console for the third time, this time a small part of the console was dented and a few console lights flickered.

"Master I have done most of the important repairs necessary, including power ampage."

Belina breathed deeply for a little bit and calmed down slightly. "That's good to hear Andros and I really appreciate the help you've been giving us. As soon as the others arrive on the bridge I'm going to replay the transmission."

She then turned to Jun-la again. "If any of the Shinigami or Jedi need a place to stay then feel free to inform them that the Ackbar is a safe haven for them."

"Too late, Admiral. We're currently receiving two separate transmissions from Coruscant: one from Chief of State Arket Lendralis, and one from Jedi Grand Master Kol Skywalker. Under the circumstances, I'd advise putting one onscreen, and keeping the other on hold. It's your choice."

Belina nodded at the communications officer. "Put Master Skywalker on screen. Right now I'm a lot less angry with him then I am with the Chief of state."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Andros nodded and replied, "True a moving target is often harder to catch. Still I will compile a list of worlds that my mother knew friendly to the Jedi and to her. Some places, her name opens doors."

"What about Admiral Belina? She trusts the Jedi Order completely, and she has considerable sway over the Republic Fleet."

"True," Tonatius added, "And Avalon will not let this go easily. The bulk of the fleet is still in tact and I know those from Amshrey will be eager to get into the fight."

Ackbar

"I'm starting to think that it's my charming personality."

"I disagree moi chroi," Tavaryn replied as he followed her. "It's because it's just you."

He followed her to the turbolift, not particularly eager to get into a fiht again but then that was what he signed up for. He picked up Alriana's hand and held it in his and gently began to massage the palm while they were going up to the bridge. He softly joked, "I wonder if rest break is in Belina's vocabularly sometimes."

"If any of the Shinigami or Jedi need a place to stay then feel free to inform them that the Ackbar is a safe haven for them."

Jun-la replied, "I will repeat that offer to them and they might have some ideas of their own. I wouldn't worry too much about the Shinigami. If anything they are out there trying to find answers." Inwardly she thought about Belina's offer. She may have tohave them come aboard if only to keep them safe. And she wanted to see her precious treasure again.

"That's good to hear Andros and I really appreciate the help you've been giving us. As soon as the others arrive on the bridge I'm going to replay the transmission."

Andros nodded. "No problem Admiral."

"I'm not so sure about Avalon, Tonatius. Remember what Sarden, I mean, Tyrannus said in the Senate about the Sith defending Avalon and helping with the relief effort. It sounds like they've won Avalon over already." Kalla pointed out.

"Admiral, I'm sure you're already aware of the situation on Coruscant. However, there is more to this than has been leaked. In some ways, it's not as bad as it sounds, while in other ways, it's much worse. The Undying Sith Empire was only able to convince the Senate through deception and feigned friendship. Chief of State Lendralis honestly believes that Sith aid is the only way to defeat the New Empire, while failing to consider the dangers. He is still a good man, misled though he may be. This also means the Republic is still in grave danger." Kol explained to Belina, his image digitally imposed over the main window of the Ackbar's bridge.

Ackbar

"I wonder if rest break is in Belina's vocabularly sometimes."

Alriana turned and grinned at him. "I know for a fact that it is...in fact, I once caught her half asleep on the bridge when I reported for the midnight shift once. I swear, the second she heard the door to the bridge open she got up so fast I thought she might have thrown out her back."

"I will repeat that offer to them and they might have some ideas of their own. I wouldn't worry too much about the Shinigami. If anything they are out there trying to find answers."

Belina quickly turned away from the screen and turned towards Jun-la. "When you repeat the offer tell them if they need to get ahold of me then tell them to hail the Ackbar on emergency channel seven."

She then turned back to the screen.

"Admiral, I'm sure you're already aware of the situation on Coruscant. However, there is more to this than has been leaked. In some ways, it's not as bad as it sounds, while in other ways, it's much worse. The Undying Sith Empire was only able to convince the Senate through deception and feigned friendship. Chief of State Lendralis honestly believes that Sith aid is the only way to defeat the New Empire, while failing to consider the dangers. He is still a good man, misled though he may be. This also means the Republic is still in grave danger."

"My duty is to protect the citizens of the republic and the republic itself. But this news...it's horrible. And I can't believe that the chief of state isn't considering the potental dangers! For all we know this could be some sort of trick."

Belina sighed and rubbed her head. "Master Skywalker, the Ackbar stands ready to assist the jedi if you need to be evacuated from Coruscant. Just let us know and we'll be there as fast as we can. But it looks like the Chief of state is on the other line. And I don't think it would be a good idea for us to keep Lendralis waiting. I'll get back to you."

Archived