Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

Avalon

"Don't you find it odd that they've got the power to jam communications across the whole system and take out a Republic Star Destroyer with relative ease, and yet they attack the ground with AT-AT's? Those walkers have to be over a century old."

Tonatius glanced at Kalla to let her know that he had similar thoughts. He managed to take out more of the enemy using a combination of his water bending and sword techniques before replying, "Perhaps it is a means of toying with us. For those that know, Avalon has been a stalwart protecor of the Republic since the days of Revan. More likely it's a simple statement of telling Avalon that we are obsolete."

"This may sting a bit."

An understatement if I ever heard one, Tavaryn thought to himself. He wasn't expecting however the sting of the tug as Lenatha tried to pull it out. Being stoic in an attempt to not worry Andorra, who looked rather pale, he gritted his teeth and dug his fingers into the ground. He let out a grunt.

"It has to do with the battle. I just found some aspects of the battle somewhat suspicious."

Glad for a distraction while his fingers were making heavy work on the mini trenches he was digging, he replied, "Such as?"

Ackbar

"Excellent. Get whatever you can out of him and then let me know what he knows. Belina out."

Jun-la put her comm away and picked up the data recorder and switched it on. "Jun-la Starlighter, Jedi Knight interrogating prisoner on board the RSS Ackbar. Assisted by Xeran." She then placed it on the table and took a seat opposite the prisoner.

Unlike most interrogations she had witnessed, she preferred to give a relaxing atmosphere. She had noticed that prisoners were not always defensive when relaxed and spilled more information than intended. She looked at the prisoner and stated formally, "State your name and affiliation."

Andros was watching his virus progress. Whoever inserted this adaptive virus more likely did it to make sure that the crew was occupied elsewhere. It was probably a diversionary tactic. He gave his report, "Virus is showing to be successful Admiral. Estimated 10% eradication."

En Route to Coruscant

Simply taking control of the Senate would prove impossible, but that is not my plan. You just need to persuade enough of the other Senators to trust us as allies against the New Empire.

Kage listened as he entered the coordinates to Coruscant. Lies and decit, the very nature of senators was something that he had an appreciation for. He understood now and replied, It shall be done milord.

Once the coordinates were set, he sent the ship into hyperspace. They were on their way to destroying the Jedi and the Republic and for what it stood for. Since there was time enough, he would begin training the young one. The anger in him was rather refreshing. Perhaps a new apprentice was in order...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avalon

"Such as?"

Alriana looked out at the battlefield and lowered her voice so only Tavaryn could hear her. "It's the weapons that were used that are confusing me. Whoever attacked us used AT-ATs. Those things have been around since before I was frozen, surely they have newer technology then those old AT-ATs."

"Something is wrong..." She said quietly. "Something is very very wrong here."

Ackbar

"State your name and affiliation."

The Twi'lek refused to look over at Xeran as he reponded. "Cal'ira. Imperial Intelligence. Serial number 3875."

"Virus is showing to be successful Admiral. Estimated 10% eradication."

"Good work Andros." Belina said. "I think I need to have a chat with your master once she's done. I would like to request something of her."

Avalon

"Something is very very wrong here."

Tavaryn gritted his teeth and dug the already deep trench even deeper. He replied, "I don't what to tell you moi chroi. Perhaps it is a means of taunting my people. The allegory of it sounds familar like something my brother may have encountered."

Haruka meanwhile waited to hear back from the Katarn about the status of the Ackbar and any orders that may be issued. He wasn't squeamish at the sight of blood but it was the Shinigami after all. After witnessing what had happened with the wyvern, he could only have happiness for him. He had picked up the feelings between the two long ago and was rather amused at the way they danced in circles around each other. He walked up, wary of the wyvern and said mainly to Alriana, "You know you two have got to have better ways of engaging in decent conversation." He smirked as he said it.

Ackbar

"Cal'ira. Imperial Intelligence. Serial number 3875."

Jun-la kept things nice and polite. She had the feeling that it might annoy Xeran with her politeness but they needed answers and browbeating would get them nowhere. She continued, "Alright Cal'ira. How did you board the Ackbar?"

"I think I need to have a chat with your master once she's done. I would like to request something of her."

Andros nodded, mulling over possibilities of the why the Admiral wanted something from his master. Frankly he wondered if his master would consider the possibility of performing the request at all. It was only because his master had a set of responsibilities that was new to her...and Matton. He carefully replied, "She would hear you out and make the best suggestions possible. It is her way of helping out and sometimes she'll even jump in and help."

Avalon

"I don't what to tell you moi chroi. Perhaps it is a means of taunting my people. The allegory of it sounds familar like something my brother may have encountered."

Alriana thought for a moment before kneeling next to Tavaryn. "I guess it could be that...but I'm still not sure."

"You know you two have got to have better ways of engaging in decent conversation."

She looked up and smiled at Haruka. "You may be right Haruka. But now...I think I should ask you something. Tell me...did you notice anything strange about the forces that were used against us in the battle?"

Ackbar

"Alright Cal'ira. How did you board the Ackbar?"

I came aboard at the station where the target I was assigned to protect boarded. It was a simple matter to board with a group of solders who I had met the night before in a cantina. I was assigned to protect him while he gathered the data."

"She would hear you out and make the best suggestions possible. It is her way of helping out and sometimes she'll even jump in and help."

Belina blinked. "I was actually going to thank her for helping us with our security problems and I was going to offer her the opportunity to use the Ackbar as a place of refuge if she ever needed it."

Ackbar

"I was actually going to thank her for helping us with our security problems and I was going to offer her the opportunity to use the Ackbar as a place of refuge if she ever needed it."

Andros blushed at his mistake. "Oh...well I thought that you were to ask her a favor. Her priorities have shifted within the last few months. Most of the time I tend to take care of things," he explained. "But I am sure she would accept your generousity."

He looked at his pad again, "Virus is progressing nicely. With your permission I would like to insert upgrades once the scans indicate systems are clear of the virus."

I came aboard at the station where the target I was assigned to protect boarded. It was a simple matter to board with a group of solders who I had met the night before in a cantina. I was assigned to protect him while he gathered the data."

Jun-la paused. At least they knew how and why he was on the Ackbar. Still they needed more. She could only hope that the position she assigned Xeran would allow the Twi'lek to relax and tell them everything. She asked, "Do you know what he was looking for?"

Avalon

"I guess it could be that...but I'm still not sure."

"I do admit that Sith Lord that got the better of me was different from what we had previously encountered," Tavaryn revealed in a low voice. Most of his people and those of the Republic thought him to be the kind that didn't scare easily. This last battle had him worried, especially since he had not been as affected by Force powers. "It was as if he were not a typical sentient yet his presence was vaguely familiar."

He paused when Haruka came closer now that Ryu was in a more affiable mood. He looked at the boy who decided to tease them about this latest escapade. It was Alriana though who brought them back to business.

Tell me...did you notice anything strange about the forces that were used against us in the battle?

Haruka replied in his usual maner, "Besides about over 3/4 of you using hokey religions and ancient weapons? Nothing out of the ordinary." His face darkened a moment as he recalled the reports about what happened to the Enterprise.

Avalon

"It was as if he were not a typical sentient yet his presence was vaguely familiar."

"I agree with him not being a typical sentient...but he didn't feel familiar to me. Do you think that this might be an enemy from your past?"

"Besides about over 3/4 of you using hokey religions and ancient weapons? Nothing out of the ordinary."

"It's the technology that was used against us that bothers me. I assumed that if they wanted to cause damage they would have used more advanced technology rather then those old AT-ATs."

Ackbar

"But I am sure she would accept your generousity."

Belina smiled. "I'm glad. Jun-La helped us upgrade the Ackbar so in my eyes that makes her apart of the crew. And here on the Ackbar we watch out for one another."

"Do you know what he was looking for?"

"Information on Admiral Belina. All I was told was that the Grand Admiral wanted all available data on Admiral Belina and he wanted the information brought to him as soon as possible."

Avalon

"I agree with him not being a typical sentient...but he didn't feel familiar to me. Do you think that this might be an enemy from your past?"

"Not mine per se but seeing as there may have been others around during the battle, it would be wise to ask them as well," Tavaryn replied. He did have the sensation that he had sensed that presence before. It then hit him and he jumped at the revelation, "Setna."

"It's the technology that was used against us that bothers me. I assumed that if they wanted to cause damage they would have used more advanced technology rather then those old AT-ATs."

Haruka nodded. He then said, "I don't think it's about annihiliation. I think it's about breaking. Breaking the image and spirit of the Republic. Avalon and her sister worlds have always been places of refuge if needed. This attack says that it is no longer true."

Ackbar

"Information on Admiral Belina. All I was told was that the Grand Admiral wanted all available data on Admiral Belina and he wanted the information brought to him as soon as possible."

Jun-la was not too easily fooled by this. She said, "Sith spit. Information on Republic personnel can be accessed just about anywhere. There must be another reason why they chose the Ackbar. I think you may have some idea. You just don't know it."

"I'm glad. Jun-La helped us upgrade the Ackbar so in my eyes that makes her apart of the crew. And here on the Ackbar we watch out for one another."

Andros gave a smile and a slight chuckle. He replied, "My master said the same thing about having a partner. She was referring though to my sister and Master Iakozi's son."

Ackbar

"Sith spit. Information on Republic personnel can be accessed just about anywhere. There must be another reason why they chose the Ackbar. I think you may have some idea. You just don't know it."

"I swear to you that the grand Admiral simply wanted information on Admiral Belina. He wanted to know everything about her. I swear that is the truth."

Xeran slowly moved towards the Twi'lek with a slight smile on his face. The twi'lek's face paled. "I swear! It is the truth! The Grand Admiral wanted all available data on the Commander of the republic forces. I don't know why he wants it."

"My master said the same thing about having a partner. She was referring though to my sister and Master Iakozi's son."

Belina had to admit she was a bit suprised to hear that Andros had a sister. "Well...I think it's about time that I head down to help with the prisoner. Let me know when the virus has been eradicated." She said as she headed for the lift.

Avalon

"Setna."

Alriana instantly understood what Tavaryn was talking about. "You think that this enemy was on Setna when we were there last time?"

"I don't think it's about annihiliation. I think it's about breaking. Breaking the image and spirit of the Republic. Avalon and her sister worlds have always been places of refuge if needed. This attack says that it is no longer true."

"I think you may be right now that I think about that." Alriana said as she turned towards Haruka. "But what happens now that the attack is over?"

Avalon

With the shrapnel out, Lenatha started to apply the disinfectant around the wound, at the same time making sure Andorra had the gauze ready. "We're just about done here." She reassured Tavaryn. Addressing Alriana, she stated, "An attack like this warrants the attention of the Senate, and with the New Empire in such a weakened state, they can afford to focus primarily on this new threat."

"Remember what I said before about the symbolism of this attack. There are plenty of other planets with similar symbolic value, standing as beacons of hope. Any of them could be the next target, but there are only a few that would seem bolder than this." Kalla pointed out.

With the ATT's having decapitated the last of the AT-AT's, Iyav transmitted a message down to the Guardsmen on the surface. "That's it for the walkers, begin rounding up prisoners. We'll see what we can get out of them."

Ackbar

"I swear! It is the truth! The Grand Admiral wanted all available data on the Commander of the republic forces. I don't know why he wants it."

Jn-la notice Xeran starting to inch his way forward. She narrowed her eyes in a warning glance since she could sense the Twi'lek's distress as Xeran inched his way forward. To strengthend her position she only said his name and turned her attention back to the Twi'lek.

The Twi'lek she could sense was scared out of his mind. He obviously was afraid of Xeran but she suspected something else. She asked, "Besides the Grand Admiral of the New Empire, are there any other players we should be aware of?"

"Well...I think it's about time that I head down to help with the prisoner. Let me know when the virus has been eradicated."

"Yes, ma'am," Andros replied as Belina left the bridge. He then looked at Koral the comm officer and asked, "Did I say something out of turn?"

Avalon

"Remember what I said before about the symbolism of this attack. There are plenty of other planets with similar symbolic value, standing as beacons of hope. Any of them could be the next target, but there are only a few that would seem bolder than this."

"I'll agree to that moi chroi," Tonatius replied, "However the use of elderly machines is more personal and seems directed at Avalon since we do tend to use technologies minimally. Heck we're more interested in engaging in battle on the ground than in space. Doesn't mean that we are naive or stupid. Just a preference."

"We're just about done here."

Tavaryn grunted at the sting of the anesthetic before muttering, "Take your time." He couldn't really move his arm anyway. The barb had gone deep into the muscle and he was familiar with the phrase about the dangers of opening old wounds. It was going to be stiff and sore for awhile.

"You think that this enemy was on Setna when we were there last time?"

He looked at Alriana with a thoughtful gaze before replying, "It is possible. As I said it felt familiar but it was like a fleeting moment. Perhaps we could ask the others. Someone must have recognized it."

"But what happens now that the attack is over?"

Haruka had been listening to the conversation. It was ill timed as it were be even he could tell that it was a convenience to someone. It was something that he would have to discuss with the captain when he got back. He replied, "Well Jedi, protocol. Inform the Republic that a member world has been attacked and wait for the bureaucracy to start in on the fun." His voice dripped with sarcasm.

((Should I bring the Grand Admiral into the story soon? I have it all set up.))

Ackbar

"Besides the Grand Admiral of the New Empire, are there any other players we should be aware of?"

Xeran frowned as he sat back down and looked over at Jun-La. In his opinion scaring the prisoner would be much more effective but he was willing to try Jun-La's method.

Cal'ira took a last look at Xeran before turning back to Jun-La. "Well...Imperial intelliegence might have wanted information on her or possibly even Admiral Beroc but I swear to you, the information was to be given to the Grand Admiral himself."

"Did I say something out of turn?"

Koral shook his head. "No you didn't. I had the same experience with the Admiral when I first came onboard. I was in the middle of speaking to her when she simply left the bridge. I would advise you not to take it personally. And to be honest, she has been under a bit of stress for quite awhile. She should be back soon as soon as she has a word with the prisoner."

Avalon

"Well Jedi, protocol. Inform the Republic that a member world has been attacked and wait for the bureaucracy to start in on the fun."

Alriana sighed. She knew how long it took for the bureaucracy to make a decision. "I hope that it doesn't take too long. For all we know Avalon was only the first of many targets."

Ackbar

"Well...Imperial intelliegence might have wanted information on her or possibly even Admiral Beroc but I swear to you, the information was to be given to the Grand Admiral himself."

Jun-la stared at the Twi'lek. It would be so easy to delve into the sentient's mind and go poking around. She had learned long ago that people did tell the truth but how they saw it. She narrowed her eyes and replied, "So you had no idea what the Chiss was truly after?" She rubbed her temple with one finger as if to remind the Twi'lek that she was a Jedi and could delve into his mind.

"No you didn't. I had the same experience with the Admiral when I first came onboard. I was in the middle of speaking to her when she simply left the bridge. I would advise you not to take it personally. And to be honest, she has been under a bit of stress for quite awhile. She should be back soon as soon as she has a word with the prisoner."

"No offense taken," Andros replied, "I know quite a few Jedi Masters who are like that." He went back to checking his program. It was a little more than 50% finished and was progressing nicely. He couldn't detect any problems but he would do clean sweeps before unlocking the main computer. "I do find it strange that a virus would be released into the weapons and navigation. Almost as if they didn't want us to follow."

Avalon

"I hope that it doesn't take too long. For all we know Avalon was only the first of many targets."

Tavaryn grunted at a particularly nasty sting and replied, "It's the bureaucracy moi chroi. They need to filibuster everytime they want to host a party."

Haruka let out a chuckle, "Never heard it put quite like that Shinigami but I would have to agree."

Ackbar

"So you had no idea what the Chiss was truly after?"

The twi'lek rapidly shook his head. "If he was after anything other then the information on Supreme Commander Belina then I have no idea what it could be. I swear, that is all that I know."

"Really?" Admiral Belina said as she leaned against the wall of the interrogation room. She had made sure that no one would see her coming in. The twi'lek's eyes widened in suprise. He had been told to use extreme caution when the Admiral was around.

"I do find it strange that a virus would be released into the weapons and navigation. Almost as if they didn't want us to follow."

"I agree with you there." Koral said as he tapped a few buttons on his console. "What I want to know is how the virus got in past the safeguards. The computer safeguards on the Ackbar are looked at once a week and are some of the strongest in the fleet."

Avalon

"Never heard it put quite like that Shinigami but I would have to agree."

Alriana had to smile when she heard the way Tavaryn had said it but the smile was quickly replaced by a frown as she looked up at the sky. "I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about what happened. Like it's not over yet."

"I think it's more than that. The New Empire was also using AT-AT's as little as three years ago, and they still might. I don't know. Whether or not it was the Sith, it's likely they want us to think the New Empire is responsible." Kalla suggested. "They may not be done with their plans, but the battle here is finished."

Finally finished with Tavaryn, and hearing a wave of calm go across the battlefield, Lenatha said to Andorra, "I told you there was still hope for our wedding night." and have her a reassuring kiss on the lips.

Ackbar

"If he was after anything other then the information on Supreme Commander Belina then I have no idea what it could be. I swear, that is all that I know."

Jun-la paused. In truth, she had already sensed the Admiral's arrival and sat back to watch the prisoner's reaction. When she saw the eyes of the Twi'lek widen she had a clear idea that this poor fellow believed one too many tales about certain Republic personnel.

After the Admiral made her entrance, Jun-la continued, "Can you at least tell us who recruited you?"

"What I want to know is how the virus got in past the safeguards. The computer safeguards on the Ackbar are looked at once a week and are some of the strongest in the fleet."

Andros choked on a chuckle that sounded more like a bark of laughter. He had seen the security safeguards for the computer on the Ackbar when scanning the systems and it was child's play to get around them. They were state of the art maybe five years ago but with the new stuff coming out...you needed someone dedicated full time to hacking measures and countermeasures. He replied, "Strongest about five years ago. The encryptions I put in are most current and effective. You should have an officer dedicated to this stuff."

Avalon

"I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about what happened. Like it's not over yet."

"Since when is anything over with you two running around the galaxy?" Haruka replied in jest.

Tavaryn chuckled as he moved to stand up. His left was shoulder was stiff and he couldn't really move it that well. Could use a hand up moi chroi, he sent, not verbally wanting to admit that he needed help getting up.

"They may not be done with their plans, but the battle here is finished."

Tonatius surveyed the surrounding area. He saw the warriors rounding up prisoners along with Komad and Tiye issuing policing orders on the fallen AT ATs. He replied, "I agree that it has just begun. I see your father perhaps we should inquire if he needs assistance?"

Ackbar

"Can you at least tell us who recruited you?"

The Twi'lek looked over at Admiral Belina, then at Xeran and then finally stopped at Jun-La. "I...I was recruited for this mission by a man from the Empire. He did not tell me his name, only that he needed someone of my talents for a job protecting the chiss while he gathered the information."

"Strongest about five years ago. The encryptions I put in are most current and effective. You should have an officer dedicated to this stuff."

"I'll talk to the Admiral about it. Usually we simply head for a resupply station and have them upgraded there. I will admit though, sometimes the outposts don't have the best but so far they've gotten the job done."

Avalon

"Since when is anything over with you two running around the galaxy?"

Alriana couldn't help but laugh at Haruka's comment. "It's never over." She said with a smile on her face. "No matter where we seem to go there is always someone or something trying to kill us."

Could use a hand up moi chroi

Of course she sent back as she reached down and grabbed Tavaryn's hand

Ackbar

"I...I was recruited for this mission by a man from the Empire. He did not tell me his name, only that he needed someone of my talents for a job protecting the chiss while he gathered the information."

Jun-la stifled the sigh. She couldn't really be annoyed since the Twi'lek was cooperating after all. Still she got the feeling that he was willing to reveal more if he wasn't threatened by people like Xeran. They didn't have a name but an idea came to her. "Are you able to describe the appearance of this man?"

I will admit though, sometimes the outposts don't have the best but so far they've gotten the job done.

"Until someone decides to hack the system," Andros replied as he slid into another console and began the laborious process of replacing other parts that he noticed needing replacement or repairing them to state that was better than new.

"Tell me something, has anyone messed with the specs the Avalonians put in before Setna?"

Avalon

Tavaryn accepted the hand and actually grabbed her wrist for better leverage. Once on his feet he gave a pat to Ryu who actually crooned at him and nuzzled or rather bumped him into Alriana. Since he couldn't readily move his left, he used his right to steady himself. He gave a mock glare at the wyvern and said, "Ryu has had a crush on me since I don't know when."

Haruka was laughing. He then said to Alriana, "You better watch this one Jedi. He probably has a following on some outer rim or unknown regions world."

Ackbar

"Are you able to describe the appearance of this man?"

The twi'lek was about to respond when Xeran smiled darkly at him. "I think I should leave for this next part. Once he has described the identity of his employer I'll see if the republic has any data on him."

Xeran smiled at the twi'lek again and then left the room. The Twi'lek suddenly smiled at Jun-La as a thought came to his mind.

"If I give you information on my employer then I want something in return. I want to be relocated somewhere safe, beyond the empire's reach."

"Tell me something, has anyone messed with the specs the Avalonians put in before Setna?"

Koral thought for a moment before responding. "Not that I am aware of. It's possible that someone managed to get at them earlier without us noticing. Why? Is something wrong?"

Avalon

"Ryu has had a crush on me since I don't know when."

Alriana gave a mock glare at the Wyvern and smiled. "Should I be jealous?" She asked.

"You better watch this one Jedi. He probably has a following on some outer rim or unknown regions world."

Alriana looked back at Tavaryn and gave him a mock glare before turning back to Haruka. "If he does I'll make sure that if he decides to visit then I'll be coming along just to make sure he behaves himself."

Ackbar

"Not that I am aware of. It's possible that someone managed to get at them earlier without us noticing. Why? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. Rather the virus is almost eradicated," Andros replied. "Merely a stray thought that iduring routine maintenance someone forgot to do something or other and may have left a door open. I studied Avalonian systems and while mostly self aware if a protocol is not followed, the older models don't have that sophistication. Like I said. A stray thought."

"If I give you information on my employer then I want something in return. I want to be relocated somewhere safe, beyond the empire's reach."

Jun-la eyed the Twi'lek and her gaze grew cold. Though the normally amber colored eyes were warm like fire, they were cold like ice. Most sentients knew that when that happened, they had better be wary.

"That's not how this works," her voice was edged in ice. "Non information could just put you within the Empire's reach."

Normally she would not be deliberately cruel but now was not the time to play games.

Avalon

"Should I be jealous?"

Tavaryn replied, "Probably not. She did let you past her to help me."

"If he does I'll make sure that if he decides to visit then I'll be coming along just to make sure he behaves himself."

Tavaryn could feel the blush creep on his face and for once was glad that he had warpaint on. It was an old joke in his own family that various members were trying to fob him off in a match with the daughterof another well known family. The butt of it was that even though he turned down offers, he made a good impression and those same "matchmakers" kept trying. At least they tried every time he was on planet.

He muttered, "They chase me."

Haruka was laughing, pleased that he got a joke off at his friend's expense. "More likely you'd have to chase them away with that lightsaber of yours."

Ackbar

"Merely a stray thought that iduring routine maintenance someone forgot to do something or other and may have left a door open. I studied Avalonian systems and while mostly self aware if a protocol is not followed, the older models don't have that sophistication. Like I said. A stray thought."

Koral thought for a moment before responding. "I think that it would be a good idea if I talked to Admiral Belina about this. I'll make sure that we keep the Ackbar up to speed on all computer security matters."

"Non information could just put you within the Empire's reach."

The twi'lek smiled at Jun-La and leaned back. "Now that that foolish human is gone I can speak freely. "I have information that may change the republic war effort against the Empire. And all I ask for in exchange for this information is somewhere safe to live. I have a family that I wish to keep safe."

Avalon

"More likely you'd have to chase them away with that lightsaber of yours."

Alriana couldn't help but break out in laughter at the exchange between the two of them. "Rest assured, if he does end up having to chase them away with his lightsaber I'll be right next to him helping him."

Avalon

"Rest assured, if he does end up having to chase them away with his lightsaber I'll be right next to him helping him."

Tavaryn wondered is it were possible for the blush to show up from underneath the paint on his face. He began muttering again wishing that he could just go over to the Chinooka and drown himself. "They chase me."

Murasaki noticed his embarassment and commented to Alriana, "I think you've got him all flushed though it's hard to tell underneath the paint."

Tavaryn sent a glance towards his sister pleading that she intervent. No such luck as she was deliberately ignoring it giving a wicked grin while she was petting the wyvern. Tavaryn sighed and grimaced."Always comes back to that."

Ackbar

"Now that that foolish human is gone I can speak freely. "I have information that may change the republic war effort against the Empire. And all I ask for in exchange for this information is somewhere safe to live. I have a family that I wish to keep safe."

Jun-la's eyes snapped as they stared with that dangerous look. She glanced at the admiral with ath same fiercenes, almost as if she were asking to do something very un-Jedi like. She then looked back at the Twi'lek, her voice filled with power, "Deals made to find the source of treachery often come to no good. Your demeanor does you no credit and there are ways to get what we need."

The gesture was subtle as one of her fingers tapped the side of her head near the temple while it looked as if she were scrutinizing the prisoner.

Ackbar

"Deals made to find the source of treachery often come to no good. Your demeanor does you no credit and there are ways to get what we need."

The Twi'lek continued smiling even as he rolled his tounge around inside his mouth and opened his mouth to show that he had a small pill wrapped in a thin covering on his tounge. he quickly closed his mouth, taking great care to not bite through the thin covering.

"If you will not negotiate with me...then you will get nothing. I am willing to die to save my family but I would much rather live with them on a world close to the core. I am even willing to give up information that can help the republic in it's time of need if you will consider my request."

The Twi'lek looked behind him to make sure the Admiral was still there and then got as close to Jun-la as he dared.

"The Grand Admiral of the Imperial fleet...he will be traveling to a planet close to republic space with a small elite stormtrooper escort. No one knows why he is traveling there and putting himself at risk...but it could be a chance for the republic to capture him."

"Let's what we can do then." Kalla replied, heading down to her father and Tiye. "How can we help?" She asked.

"Try to get in contact with Chief of State Lendralis. Explain the situation to help, and try to get an audience with the Senate. We'll be leaving for Coruscant as soon as possible." Komad explained.

Ackbar

"The Grand Admiral of the Imperial fleet...he will be traveling to a planet close to republic space with a small elite stormtrooper escort. No one knows why he is traveling there and putting himself at risk...but it could be a chance for the republic to capture him."

Jun-la saw the pill in the Twi'lek's mouth and recognized it for what it was. Her eyes became very dangerous indeed. She looked at the Admiral, "What say you? Can this brigand be taken at his word?"

Avalon

Tonatius followed Kalla. He said, "The keep's communications will be the best place to send a transmission. Hopefully the jamming has stopped."

Known Space

Kage looked at the huge planet of Coruscant. He had been there a few times before. he always hated it but the place served its purpose in the plans. He sent a transmission, "This is Lord Sarden of Avalon requesting permission to land. I have business with the Senate."

Ackbar

"What say you? Can this brigand be taken at his word?"

Admiral Belina's eyes turned cold as she heard what the Twi'lek said about the Grand Admiral. If it was true...she could cripple the Imperial fleet by capturing the Grand Admiral...but if it was a trap...Admiral Garja would have to take over the republic fleet in the event of her capture or death.

"I don't know." She said quietly. "But if he is telling the truth then we could cripple the Imperial fleet by capturing the Grand Admiral."

She turned back to the Twi'lek. "You will remain in our brig until we verify this information. If this information is accurate, you will be allowed to leave and you and your family will be relocated to a planet in republic space."

Avalon

"I think you've got him all flushed though it's hard to tell underneath the paint."

Alriana looked over at Tavaryn and smiled a wicked smile as she saw the blush on his face. "It appears that your sister and I have something in common Tavaryn, we can both make you a bit red in the face."

Archived