Home

Visas Unmasked!

Well, it's finally here. Visas has been unmasked!

xi9ye.jpg

Download @ Deadlystream

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
==========================================================================

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II

========================================================

Visas Unmasked!

=================================

Author: Varsity Puppet & RedRob41

For: KotOR II

Date: 07.06.2011

E-mail: officialvpcombat@yahoo.com

=================================

DESCRIPTION:

Ever since I first played TSL and recruited Visas, I wondered if there was a way to remove her headdress. This became a mysterious sort of obsession for me. Up until recently, when I acquired some decent modeling skills, it was an impossible feat. But with some new discoveries concerning Kotor models (and alot of help from RedRob, skinning Visas' damaged eyes and pretty much everything above her nose) I bring you, Visas Unmasked!

For some ridiculous reason, Visas cannot equip headgear: a devious plot hatched by the game developers no doubt. There is no way to bypass this effectively - nothing short of changing her tag and recompiling a TON of scripts is going to ever fix this.

INSTALL:

Click and run the TSLPatcher. For compatibility reasons, try installing this mod last (after TSLRCM for sure). The reason I say this is because it modifies her character file in a complex, yet fully compatible way. I just don't trust other people's mods to do the same.

UNINSTALL:

A backup should be generated after you install the mod. If you ever need to reinstall, you need this.

BUGS: You can't equip headgear on Visas. This is hardcoded.

PERMISSION:

You may use this mod as you see fit. Display it in screenshots, make it compatible with your mod. However, do please give credit where it's due, and DO NOT release it with any of your mods without my permission. Thanks.

Fred Tetra's KotorTool

Obsidian for making a game to love and hate

All of you modders out there who I've consistently studied and slowly learned from.

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, BioWare Corp. and Obsidian Entertainment Inc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
freakishly good! It's just the look, without eyes and stuff. I thought Miraluka are just blind, I wasn't aware that their eyes are completely missing.

I think his reference may have been from Chris Avellone's comic Unseen, Unheard, which showed Visas's "eyes" before and after her master "showed" her the meaning of the world (or something like that :raise:)

Yeah, Miraluka have no eyes. In the comic, Nihilus actually tears out the flesh from her eye sockets, so I was going for a sort of 'healed wound' look for her eyes.

The lighter she goes, the more the wound heals, but if she goes Dark side, the wound sort of festers and looks... well like the picture.

I really like the face, but I can't say I care for the hair. Looks like a mullet.

It's not a mullet. I'm sure from the angle in the screenshots it seems that way, but it's not.

Is there any way you could fix it up so that it more closely resembles the hair seen in the comic that inspired this skin? Also, is it possible to make her cowl available as removable headgear?

I'm pretty sure I included that in the mod.

Also, since you mentioned that she wears that shroud all the time, wouldn't you think that she'd need hair that's short, and matted down to her head so that it wouldn't clip through said shroud? If I made a head model exactly like the one in the comics, there'd be some clipping issues.

Also, since you mentioned that she wears that shroud all the time, wouldn't you think that she'd need hair that's short, and matted down to her head so that it wouldn't clip through said shroud? If I made a head model exactly like the one in the comics, there'd be some clipping issues.

I guess that's a fair point. I forgot about the clipping issue.

I guess I mainly just don't care for the hair design lining her scalp. It makes her look sort of redneck-like. If perhaps that were missing and her hair looked like it was simply combed back, it would be an improvement.

awesome. we see the full extent of Nihilus' power.

indeed ... :)

Yeah, Miraluka have no eyes. In the comic, Nihilus actually tears out the flesh from her eye sockets, so I was going for a sort of 'healed wound' look for her eyes.

interesting, VERY interesting ... :raise:

since you mentioned that she wears that shroud all the time, wouldn't you think that she'd need hair that short, and matted down to her head so that it wouldn't clip through said shroud? If I made a head model exactly like the one in the comics, there'd be some clipping issues.

reasonable I guess VP ... preferably no clipping issue that having her fully-haired but buggy ;)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
so you placed her in bed unveiled eh? only the shroud? :lol: and in first "meeting" too? I think I might tweak that last part ...

• 1 year later...

Archived