Home

Two Module Map Questions

I don't think there's an option to reveal the map automatically, but there's a simple script function - RevealMap() - that you can put in the module's OnEnter script. You can also put in coordinates and a radius to reveal only a specific region. Here's the source code:

// 515: RevealMap
// Reveals the map at the given WORLD point 'vPoint' with a MAP Grid Radius 'nRadius'
// If this function is called with no parameters it will reveal the entire map.
// (NOTE: if this function is called with a valid point but a default radius, ie. 'nRadius' of -1
//        then the entire map will be revealed)
void RevealMap(vector vPoint=[0.0,0.0,0.0],int nRadius=-1);

Okay, while this isn't related to map questions, it is related to module questions and I'd rather not start a new thread.

Anyway, I've been attempting to place some sitting people placeables in some of my modules for a quite a while now, however whenever I enter the module they are either standing up straight with their arms stretched out and I can walk through them, or they are playing a dead animation. Is there something I have to do via scripting or .ARE/.GIT/.IFO wise to make this work? Or do I have to do something in the placeable file itself?

Example... part of k_503_enter.nss from TSLRCM 1.8;

void sub3() {
object oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommMale", 0);
DelayCommand(0.1, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingSwoopganger", 0);
DelayCommand(1.3, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommFemale", 0);
DelayCommand(0.7, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(38, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingSwoopganger", 1);
DelayCommand(0.3, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(36, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingAlien", 0);
DelayCommand(1.0, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(36, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommFemale", 1);
DelayCommand(2.1, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(38, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommMale", 1);
DelayCommand(2.2, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingWalrusman", 0);
DelayCommand(0.1, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(36, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingBith", 0);
DelayCommand(1.3, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingBith", 1);
DelayCommand(0.1, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingRodian", 0);
DelayCommand(2.2, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommMale", 2);
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommMale", 3);
DelayCommand(0.8, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommFemale", 2);
DelayCommand(1.2, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
oSittingRodian = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommFemale", 3);
DelayCommand(0.3, AssignCommand(oSittingRodian, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
}

IIRC 37 is drinking, 36 is just sitting and 38 is playing pazaak.

And here's the start of the main part;

void main() {
if ((GetEnteringObject() != GetFirstPC())) {
	return;
}
sub1();
sub3();
if (GetLoadFromSaveGame()) {
	return;
}

You can do it without sub (most do), but it was already the case here... and it's a bit too much to do without.

Also make sure the tags match (in vanilla, this was NOT the case)

Archived