Home

Skipping Sidequests?

DarkDoom

When version 1.3 hits you'll be able to purchase a legacy option that gets you more experience points doing space missions, but still... you'd have to do a looooooot of space missions and a lot of flashpoints over and over and over and over and oooooover just to level up to 50.

Unless you're doing this for a bet where the prize is something big, it's really not worth the effort.

@OP: My buddy who was a consular>sage got to lv 30 in beta, got the game and was allowed to keep his character. Though he hasn't been able to play since launch, he told me it was moderately difficult but possible in relatively short time if you just keep at it [if getting to a good level in a timely fashion is what you're after]. He didn't skip very much. Some side missions, but did them for the most part. But that was beta, though...

I'd suggest a ratio of tedious "busy-work" missions to "fun" missions, 5 to 1 or at least 3 to 1--my only qualification being online app games and such where you have daily missions sparring/vs fights, and then the super or special missions. Take that for whatever you will. I have not played SWTOR yet so I may be completely wrong. All's I'm trying to do is offer common sense advice for what sounds like it makes sense to me.

@OP: My buddy who was a consular>sage got to lv 30 in beta, got the game and was allowed to keep his character.

Your Buddy may be mistaken... unless he is a Developer. I was under the impression all beta characters were destroyed before launch? (I couldn't keep mine anyway)

I think I've read one of the easiest ways to level is doing PvP. Not sure if it's (still) true, but if you're looking for a way to level up quickly, I think it's a better way than doing space missions over and over.

I guess the best way is still to combine, though. You can get a high amount of experience for space missions, so you'd want to do them for sure, but focusing on story and planet quests should be enough to level you to 50.

I think I've read one of the easiest ways to level is doing PvP. Not sure if it's (still) true, but if you're looking for a way to level up quickly, I think it's a better way than doing space missions over and over.

I guess the best way is still to combine, though. You can get a high amount of experience for space missions, so you'd want to do them for sure, but focusing on story and planet quests should be enough to level you to 50.

Well, since launch (nov of last year) people have managed to have at least one or two characters levelled to 50 at an earnest yet casual pace. Certainly can't be as much of a grindfest as other games.

@adamqd: Ok fine, he's probably mistaken. The rest of what I said may or may not stand, all things depending.

Have two level 50s, a level 39 and a level 40 (if it wasn't for Hoth, I'd most likely have 4 level 50s)...and I don't do space missions. I did a few with my main, but to me, they are boring as hell.

Fastest way I've found to level up is to do missions, do bonuses and give your companions lots of gifts. At level 50 now and was 2 to 3 levels over on every planet. Hell even at 50 she is over leveled compared to other fresh 50s (mainly thanks to mav and my main feeding her equipment and mods).

I’m sure you could probably level just through space missions and flashpoints, but it would bore me to death. Even the worst story line in the game (IMO the Jedi Consular) is more entertaining than space missions.

I know mav does, for the most part, just the class story and then does dailies to reach 50 as fast as possible. Not my cup of tea, but it works as he has the most 50s in our guild.

Archived