Home

Factions

I was just playing around with repute.2da and I changed the Player's relation with the "Czerka" faction, to that of 50, rather than 0. Now judging by the rest of the file I assume that 50 means neutral, 0 means enemy, and 100 means ally. However, when I put it in the override and warped to a place where I'd put in an NPC with the faction of "Czerka" the npc was still hostile. So I was wondering, what exactly controls the factions and their relations towards one another?

Honestly I'm not sure about all of them, I'm not even sure if Bioware and Obsidian used all of them. What I do know is that you can do just about everything I can think of through five factions.

Friendly - Companion type faction

Hostile - Enemy type faction

Neutral - Any generic character walking around in an area

Prey and Predator - If two characters are set to these two factions in an area, they will fight each other and remain neutral to you.

Prey and Predator - If two characters are set to these two factions in an area, they will fight each other and remain neutral to you.

That also works with Friendly1 and Friendly2 (except they still fight hostiles).

I want a faction that will attack the hostile factions but it won't actively pursue them in order to save the PC.

I regret that I can't be more helpful, but I encountered something once about character offset in the menus. For T3, he's like a 50 I think, and everybody else is a 100, I think. Normally I'm very helpful, but here I don't know about. I won't be able to reply or help after the 21st of this month(June), so reply before then, if possible.

EDIT: ^^Ignore that. Wrong thread; so embarrassing! Anyways, You could try the prey and predator faction things, but make an onperception script with a range of about 10 meters, and then make custom combat scripts to not pursue the target...

I think I see the problem. The Czerka faction doesn't exist in NWNScript. So... you can't use it. That's my best guess anyway, seeing as I just looked at the 2DA again and recalled that the player doesn't have a column, so it shouldn't be possible for you to have made a mistake.

Archived