Home

Gaffi Stick Improvement

Well, a year and 3 days ago I created a mod that changed the horrendous gaffi stick texture from a 64x64 monstrosity to a respectable 1024x1024. I also added a unique(ish) texture for the chieftan's gaffi, and modified that gaffi's description a bit to fit with my changes.

ReadMe

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

» Gaffi Stick Improvement ReadMe

AUTHOR: Fallen Guardian

NAME: Gaffi Stick Improvement

TYPE: Modification

VERSION: Full Release

SIZE - Unzipped: 10.3 Megabytes, Zipped: 7.18 Megabytes

DATE CREATED: May 5, 2012

DATE RELEASED: May 8, 2013

RELEASE THREADS: 2

» DESCRIPTION

This mod improves the texture of the original gaffi stick, to a high quality, 1024X1024 texture. Also, it gives the Sand People chieftain a unique gaffi stick that also is a high quality, 1024X1024 texture.

» INSTALLATION

An installation which involves the TSL Patcher has been made ready for your use and is the simplest and easiest way to carry out installation.

If you wish, for whatever reason, to not use TSL Patcher it will require you to manually copy and paste files from the tslpatchdata folder into the specific folders they need to be placed in.

Note: I am not responsible for any incompatibility issues that may arise (whether the mod was installed with TSLPatcher or manually) from the use of this mod in conjunction with other mods. Though I will do my best to fix any legitimate bugs.

» TSL PATCHER INSTALLATION

1) Double click Gaffi Stick Improvement.exe found in the main directory of the Gaffi Stick Improvement Folder.

2) Click the button labeled "Install Mod".

3) Click yes to the box that'll pop up... if you wish to proceed with installation.

4) Watch as all the little file names and progress reports scroll by and wait until the installer is complete.

» MANUAL INSTALLATION

Pretty simple actually – pull any and all files out of the tslpatchdata folder that are not labeled either “changes.ini” or “info.rtf” and put them into your override folder.

» KNOWN BUGS

None.

» BUG REPORTING

There are 3 ways to report bugs. 1: Post your issues in the release thread found in the Taris Upper City Emporium (The thread will be named Gaffi Stick Improvement). 2: Post your issues in the release thread found in the Deadly Stream Mod Releases section (The thread will be named Gaffi Stick Improvement). 3: PM your issues to me (Fallen Guardian) at either Deadly Stream or Lucas Forums.

TO REPORT THROUGH TARIS UPPER CITY EMPORIUM

1) Go to the Taris Upper City Emporium section of the Knights of the Old Republic branch of LucasForums "http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645" and either create an account or login to your existing one.

2) Find the thread called "Gaffi Stick Improvement".

3) If the bug has not been reported already, post a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will likely report back to you within a week.

TO REPORT THROUGH THE DEADLY STREAM MOD RELEASES SECTION

1) Go to the Mod Releases section in the Knights of the Old Republic modding branch of Deadly Stream "http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/17-mod-releases/" and either create an account or login to your existing one.

2) Find the thread called "Gaffi Stick Improvement".

3) If the bug has not been reported already, post a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will likely report back to you within a week.

TO REPORT THROUGH PM

1) Go to DeadlyStream (http://deadlystream.com/) or LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/), sign into/create your account, and search for the user Fallen Guardian (http://deadlystream.com/forum/user/8932-fallen-guardian/) or (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=167390)

2) Send me a private message with a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will likely report back to you within a week.

» REDISTRIBUTION

The Gaffi Stick Improvement mod may NOT be redistributed in any way without the explicit permission of the author (Fallen Guardian) and the proper credit given.

» LEGAL

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE CORP/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSORS/SPONSORS OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR(S) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Screenshots

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
8vzs6h.jpg

2rnzmz5.jpg

n354de.jpg

MediaFire Link: DOWNLOAD

KotOR Files Link: DOWNLOAD

Deadly Stream Link: DOWNLOAD

Looks good FG.

Thanks Cpt.

Does Raito's Gaderffii have a custom skin too?

Good work, by the way! :D

Thanks LDR, I assume Raito is the Sand People chieftain? Yeah, he has the gaffe shown in the 3rd pic.

I've been waiting a year and 3 days for this! :)

Haha.

That's a heck of a lot better than the old one! Way to go, excellent texture!

Thanks SS.

Wow, that's quite a difference. Well done! Any plans on doing some other weapons? They're all kind of terrible...

Thanks. I've thought about it - a lot of them have uvmaps that are impossible to work with though. But yeah, there are definitely a few weapons I could still do.

Thanks LDR, I assume Raito is the Sand People chieftain? Yeah, he has the gaffe shown in the 3rd pic.

No, that's the actual name of the gaffi stick. Don't beieve me, look for it in KSE. The gaderffii could be found on the Storyteller. Maybe he's Raito?

Archived